GDT: Boston at Montreal, Jan. 8, 1900 EST

lazy26

That is one tough cookie of a game out there. The Bruins are giving us NOTHING. And unfortunately ye Habs just don't have the horses to make something happen.

Gomez, Cammy, and lately even Gio and Plekanec just aren't bringing their "A" games - for whatever reason (we don't know). Throw in the catastrophic Markov injury and a declining or hobbled Hammer and the Habs simply have too much of their core talent more or less MIA. Indeed, all the ranting about long-gone mediocre players (you think Grabs, O'Byrne and SK 74 would make the difference? Really - ?) is missing this deeper point. The fact that our best trio tonight just might be the Desharnais line speaks volumes. It's our core guys that are being substantially outplayed by the other teams' core guys, night in and night out. Until that changes, we will struggle.

Same old story. Your best players have to be your best players. The end.

Sure. But when is a good time to look at the talent that is doing well in other cities? How many players can one organization give up on? We're looking at being shutout again. Maybe we actually drafted solutions to our scoring problems, but mishandled them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can Halpern take a stupid penalty like that????? A 4th line veteran centre can NOT take a STUPID penalty like that anytime, let alone when we are down by 2 :angry:

The issue isn't the habs don't have the horses to make things happen out there. The issue is that JM is playing donkeys with thoroughbreds, is expecting donkeys to run like horses and is trying to turn his horses into donkeys!

I wasn't concerned too much about our forwards at the start of the year - my main concern was the old and slow defenceman. JM has managed to turn our offence into a bigger issue then the old and slow farts on D.

But the Habs were a top team for the first 30 games with Martin and almost the exact same line up. So a better question might be: what has changed since the start of the season that has made the team start losing so many games? You're going to say that it's because Price is playing worse but I don't buy that, I think the team is noticeably crappier than they were a few weeks ago.

But the Habs were a top team for the first 30 games with Martin and almost the exact same line up. So a better question might be: what has changed since the start of the season that has made the team start losing so many games? You're going to say that it's because Price is playing worse but I don't buy that, I think the team is noticeably crappier than they were a few weeks ago.

You are right regarding my reply - The difference is Price was standing on his head and at least one line was streaky for a period. I've never liked our D - even in last year's playoffs - too slow, too old.

Great, looked like we scored and its waived off. The only time Darche makes contact with the puck in front of the ent, its on a baseball swing. :wacko:

That is a goal.

Hopefully toronto will over rule the call on the ice :unsure:

Crap. screwed by Toronto again.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

another example of Pleks throwing it in front and Pouliot not willing to battle hard enough to get positioning to pick up the pass :angry:

Why is it that since the Houle era we have been such a soft team???? Guys just aren't willing to battle for positioning :angry:

We're in danger of falling to 27th in goals for. I'm back to my defence mechanism of laughing. I can't get upset, it's only a game.

That's what my wife says. I get so worked up when I see the habs play like they have been - not too good for the blood pressure. I think if i have to go through another 15 years of leaf fan like disapointment I'm probably going to have a heart attack watching a habs game :P

Shot by Subban on the PP and NO ONE in front of the net :angry:

holy crap- they scored!

how the heck did that go in?????

wow, Darche may have actually scored!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

That was Darche, from Gomez... JM will never take Darche off the PP now. :)

Crap, maybe the shutout woudn't have been so bad after all :rolleyes:

Yes - Wiz!!!

crap, are they going to review that - thats BS!!! Toronto better not screw us on this one :angry:

PHew! good goal!

Another reason not to get worked up over hockey: things can change so quickly. 5 minutes ago, the Habs were guaranteed to miss the playoffs, now they might still take the 2 points and leave this game on a winning streak.