Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Beck 0pts 3 shots 7/16 in 4-0 loss. Series is 2-2.

Mesar is down 3-0 in series vs London. His junior career could be over tomorrow.

Might he play in the world championships or Laval if they sneek into playoffs?

14 hours ago, DON said:

Mesar is down 3-0 in series vs London. His junior career could be over tomorrow.

Might he play in the world championships or Laval if they sneek into playoffs?

I think if Slovakia indicated they'd add Mesar to the roster, they'd lean toward going that way.  Houle is not one who typically likes playing prospects at this time of the year unless his hand is forced so I'm not sure Mesar would get regular minutes in what could be a very limited postseason.

Habs Prospects

KalPa Kuopio at Kärpät Oulu 11:30 am - Liiga Bronze Medal Game (single-elimination game)

Oliver Kapanen -

Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds at Saginaw Spirit 7:05 pm - OHL Quarter Final (best-of-7) (Series tied 2-2)

Owen Beck -

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/adam-engstrom-montreal-canadiens-prospect-development-rogle-assistant-coach-max-bohlin-interview-comments-shl-playoffs-final/

"...You mentioned the defensive adjustment. Brendan Davidson came back and has formed a very solid pair with with Adam Engström defensively, which is maybe not what we expected as Montreal Canadiens fans."

"No, I really like that pair and Brandon has served as a good mentor for Adam as well. Brandon with his NHL experience, obviously learning a lot over there, so they have been [good]. On the contrary, Adam is teaching Brandon, maybe how to play with the puck more. I think they fit well as a pair."

It shows you the jump between these leagues and the NHL.

The swedish league is a top 4 league in the world (NHL, AHL, and then either SHL or KHL).... but its still a massive jump to the NHL.

Yes Brendan Davidson, a journeyman 7th/8th D in the NHL is a top pairing guy in the SHL.

12 hours ago, DON said:

Mesar 1a 5 shots 6/14 in loss and junior career is over.

Technically he would be able to return for one more season, but I do expect that this is rather unlikely.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Technically he would be able to return for one more season, but I do expect that this is rather unlikely.

After starting this season in the AHL, we all know he aint going back to the OHL again.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

It shows you the jump between these leagues and the NHL.

The swedish league is a top 4 league in the world (NHL, AHL, and then either SHL or KHL).... but its still a massive jump to the NHL.

Yes Brendan Davidson, a journeyman 7th/8th D in the NHL is a top pairing guy in the SHL.

Very true ... but it also doesn't mean that he couldn't have passed on to Kapanen some "tips and tricks" that allowed Davidson to earn a living for 4 NHL seasons, parts of 3 others, and 2 more in the AHL), in the NHL.

Mesar as a pro, how will he look in Laval next season.

Mesar’s Graduation: Thursday night in Kitchener – Hab At Her

About the team.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/adam-engstrom-interview-rogle-bk-shl-final-playoffs-montreal-canadiens-defence-prospect-sweden/

"Playoffs here will start at a quarter-past-nine in the morning for Montreal fans. What should they look for in your game, and maybe in the stands as well?"

"I don’t think you should look so much at me now. I think it’s more important for the team now.
First, it’s the second final for the club. It’s huge. We have an opportunity here to take the first gold for the club. It’s going to be awesome."