Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

38 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Nice. Maybe ECHL isn't a terrible place for him. Get some confidence 

It's the best spot for him.  Young goalies need to play.  It's better for him to be a #1 in the ECHL than a #2 in the AHL at this stage in his development.  Several teams have gone this route in recent years, put the #3 goalie as the AHL starter and the #4 goalie as the ECHL starter.

Guest Stogey24
3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

It's the best spot for him.  Young goalies need to play.  It's better for him to be a #1 in the ECHL than a #2 in the AHL at this stage in his development.  Several teams have gone this route in recent years, put the #3 goalie as the AHL starter and the #4 goalie as the ECHL starter.

I can't remember what Montoya signed for a contract, but is the goal to get Lindgren as back up next year. Or still full time duty in Laval 

41 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I can't remember what Montoya signed for a contract, but is the goal to get Lindgren as back up next year. Or still full time duty in Laval 

He's on a one year deal, UFA in July.  Regardless of Montoya's situation, I imagine the goal would be to have him in Laval full-time as the starter.  Whoever Price's backup is next year is only going to play ~20 games and I'm sure management would rather Lindgren play 50+ in the minors over 20 in the NHL.  I anticipate Montoya will be signed to an extension sometime next month to cover the expansion requirement.

Lindgren turned 23 today, he's not a 19-20 yo rookie coming out of juniors. He should be ready next season to at least be a backup at the NHL level. 

His contract is also up after this season, one reason he signed with Montreal was apparently because he was told he would finish the season with Montreal last year (there was a lot of interest for his services). I am not sure he will be willing to resign to play in Laval next season after everything he's done since signing, he may request to play in Montreal or else be traded. 

59 minutes ago, CerebusClone said:

Lindgren turned 23 today, he's not a 19-20 yo rookie coming out of juniors. He should be ready next season to at least be a backup at the NHL level. 

His contract is also up after this season, one reason he signed with Montreal was apparently because he was told he would finish the season with Montreal last year (there was a lot of interest for his services). I am not sure he will be willing to resign to play in Laval next season after everything he's done since signing, he may request to play in Montreal or else be traded. 

It's not necessarily a matter of being ready versus what is better for his development.  Is it best for him to sit and watch 75% of the games next year?  Probably not.

Lindgren signed with Montreal in part because they were willing to burn the first year of his contract right away, not because they were willing to promise they'd get him to the NHL level on a full-time basis after just one year.  (No team would make that promise because you just don't know how they'll fare in the minors.)  Most college goalies don't make the jump after just one AHL season (and pretty much all college UFAs are Lindgren's age if not older).  Come to think of it, I can't think of a college goalie of the top of my head that played one AHL year and then became a full-time NHL backup the next.

His next contract will probably be a two year deal that's two-way next season with an AHL salary around $125K-150K and then converts to a one-way pact the next.  That way he gets some guaranteed NHL money in the contract to keep him happy but likely starts next year in the minors which is what management will likely want.

Lindgren's off to a good start but by no means is he dominating the level where teams will be falling over themselves to get him in the NHL next year.  Most organizations have a guy like him already so if he were to demand a trade, it would probably fall on deaf ears around the league. 

42 minutes ago, DON said:

Anyone see how Juulsen played in exhibition game yesterday vs Finland?

I didn't see much of it but I saw his partner (Bean) have two major screwups that resulted in prime scoring chances.  Hopefully that won't be held against Juulsen at least.

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

4 assists for Mete in a 5-3 London win. 

Cool, he is back to 1ppg, 30 in 30.

McNivan with 23save shutout.

Addison 2g game (12,13), Bitten gets 10th

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker