Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

9 minutes ago, DON said:

Due you think Hudon should be seen as more an asset than actual prospect. Possibly due to his size and amount of small forwards already on Habs?

DD will be gone at the end of the season, if not sooner.

Andrighetto also doesn't seem to be in the long term plans.

That leaves what, Gallagher, Plekanec, Byron.

Gallagher is likely here long term.

Plekanec will likely be gone at the end of next season.

Byron, who knows. 

So no i don't see it as being that big a deal. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

DD will be gone at the end of the season, if not sooner.

Andrighetto also doesn't seem to be in the long term plans.

That leaves what, Gallagher, Plekanec, Byron.

Gallagher is likely here long term.

Plekanec will likely be gone at the end of next season.

Byron, who knows. 

So no i don't see it as being that big a deal. 

Lehkonen, Reway, Shaw are all undersized as well, but agree is not a big deal, however it likely has played a part in him not getting a real look with the club yet, don't you think? Can only carry so many smallish players before it is a big deal.

Sounded like Juulsen 'flattened' several opponents yesterday, he wasn't on scoreboard but had a physical game.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Lehkonen, Reway, Shaw are all undersized as well, but agree is not a big deal, however it likely has played a part in him not getting a real look with the club yet, don't you think? Can only carry so many smallish players before it is a big deal.

Sounded like Juulsen 'flattened' several opponents yesterday, he wasn't on scoreboard but had a physical game.

Lehkonen is now measured at 6'0"... which is not unusual since he was 5'10.5" on his draft combine while still 17.  He's also put on weight. 

I'm not worried about guys like Shaw and Lehkonen who are pretty close to NHL average.  Hudon is also 5'10"

This is quite a bit different that DD at 5'6" and Byron at 5'7"

Guest Stogey24

Marinaro on Tsn 690 said he couldn't believe how small Shaw was. Said at the golf tourney he thought it was Desharnais from behind  

And Hudon gets recalled as we speak

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Lehkonen is now measured at 6'0"... which is not unusual since he was 5'10.5" on his draft combine while still 17.  He's also put on weight. 

I'm not worried about guys like Shaw and Lehkonen who are pretty close to NHL average.  Hudon is also 5'10"

This is quite a bit different that DD at 5'6" and Byron at 5'7"

Ummmm, they are all small'ish' and other than Shaw wont be knocking anyone on their ass or winning a lot of board battles anytime soon.

But kinda moot as Hudon has been called up and will see if he draws in and can chip in on offense.

Matt Bradley had nice game 2g (11,12) 2a, 6g in last 3 games, 27pts in 21gms.

Mete 1a, 19pts 19gms

McNivan wins 2g 30 shots, 10-5-1, 2.36 .917

Hawkey loses 5g 35 shots    3-4-2  2.53 .894

Fucale wins    4g 33 shots    3-2-0  3.27 .878 (ECHL)

8 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

How is Fucale not lighting it up

He actually did win yesterday; but gave up 3g on 26 shots....885%, so even in win he seems a big step down from how Lindgren is performing.

McNivan 1st star, 1g 41 shots, stopped 3 of 4 in shootout over London.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/wednesday-highlights-mcniven-parsons-duel-to-the-finish

game recap/highlights

Juulsen had no points while his goalie Carter Hart with another shutout and virtually carrying Everett, who are one of best in WHL, easily 1st in goals against; but are just 15th in goals for in WHL.

16 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Anyone remember how Prust would get measured 5'10, 6" and 6'1" depending on the site? 

Sure, we all know NHL teams might add an inch or two here and there.  

The point is that even if the Habs are generous with Shaw and give him an extra two inches and not generous with Desharnais and don't give him any extra... he's still not close to Desharnais height at 5'6". 

McNiven got his fourth straight win yesterday.  He now leads the league in GAA (2.21) and is tied for the league lead in SV%( .921) among qualified goalies.

Sergachev had a pair of assists to extend his point streak to three straight.  Addison (undisclosed injury) was a game-time decision and didn't play.

Pezzetta/Bitten were held off the scoresheet while Mete had a goal to keep his point-per-game average close to 1.  He's fourth league-wide in points by a d-man.

Juulsen had two assists while Bradley had a goal and an assist as well.

I watched the 3rd period of the Windsor - Ottawa game last night and noticed that Sergachev seemed to playing right defense.  Not just for a couple shifts, but for the whole 3rd. Anybody know how long have the Spits been playing him on the right side?  I didn't really notice before in the few games I seen him play since his return, but I've only caught bits and pieces of the past 4 or 5 games.  I have to say I thought he looked pretty good and more involved than some of the earlier games I've seen him in.

2 hours ago, John B said:

I watched the 3rd period of the Windsor - Ottawa game last night and noticed that Sergachev seemed to playing right defense.  Not just for a couple shifts, but for the whole 3rd. Anybody know how long have the Spits been playing him on the right side?  I didn't really notice before in the few games I seen him play since his return, but I've only caught bits and pieces of the past 4 or 5 games.  I have to say I thought he looked pretty good and more involved than some of the earlier games I've seen him in.

He played RD almost all of last year.

He's versatile and can play both sides. 

I think he ends up a LD on the Habs just due to the fact that is where our need projects to be. 

McNivan wins 5th in a row, 3g 32shots, leading OHL goalies with 2.29 gaa

Bradley managed to avoid getting a point on any of Tigers 8 goals? Injured -Benched?

Bitten-Mete-Juulsen all pointless.

But Everett shutout a very good Cougar team 3-0 and that Carter Hart is on a roll,  130 minute shut out streak. Everett has given up only 45g in 25games...not bad.

Juulsen also is obviously one of their best defenders, he is 'only' 14th in WHL d-scoring but is playing well and a leader; like with solid looking 16 year old rookie d-man Montana Onyebuchi; "Montana talked about how Noah Juulsen has helped him during practice with shooting from the point..." And the kid scores on a point shot. Juulsen unlikely has taught him how to fight and the kid took on a 6'3 220lb tough guy.

http://everettsilvertips.com/video/tips-tv-november-26-2016-video-highlights

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker