Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

12 minutes ago, DON said:

Mete obviously more likely to make it next year, would be great to see McNivan make it, even if 3rd string (if they even carry three?)

They can but in the past they've only carried two with the third goalie being on standby to join the team mid-tournament if one of the two get hurt.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Mete obviously more likely to make it next year, would be great to see McNivan make it, even if 3rd string (if they even carry three?)

They typically don't carry 3 for tournaments held in Canada (but do for tourneys held in Europe). 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

They typically don't carry 3 for tournaments held in Canada (but do for tourneys held in Europe). 

Sure, but still is great to see both he and Lindgren doing so well so far this year. Fucale who...?

Sergachev & Juulsen didn't get a point; but Everett (Carter Hart, 15-16 CHL goalie of year looking to go back to back) gets 3rd straight shut-out.

Bitten gets 1g(5) 1a ,15pts in 23gms; underachieving production for the hype.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Bitten gets 1g(5) 1a ,15pts in 23gms; underachieving production for the hype.

He went from a team where he was basically the go-to guy to one where he's a secondary piece.  (That's why I said a while back that I was hoping he'd somehow stay in Flint as from a development perspective, that was best.)  Hopefully as the season progresses he adjusts to being more of a second liner and picks up the production from there.

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

He played with Strome last night, so thats a promotion to the first line. 

Isnt he a fast skater with good hands? So he should of been able to generate more than 5 goals shouldn't he? Or he was actually drafted where he should of been (wasn't a steal) and is just another long shot to ever crack a NHL roster.

49 minutes ago, DON said:

Isnt he a fast skater with good hands? So he should of been able to generate more than 5 goals shouldn't he? Or he was actually drafted where he should of been (wasn't a steal) and is just another long shot to ever crack a NHL roster.

how about we give him more than ~20 games with his new team. 

He's generating a ton of chances, just not always finishing them. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

how about we give him more than ~20 games with his new team. 

He's generating a ton of chances, just not always finishing them. 

Sure and good that you still have a 'good feeling' about him. just a post draft year with crappy production doesn't usually bode well for kids, no matter he gets icetime or has good players to play with.

Gallagher kicked ass with crappy teams, line mates and generated scoring chances for himself through sheer determination and effort.

Hope Bitten lights it up soon.

OHL: McNiven got the win again against London, 3-2 in a shootout.  He wasn't tested much early on but the Knights picked it up late and really peppered him.  McNiven looked a bit scrambly, especially in the dying seconds where he wound up completely out of the crease while the play was still ongoing.  Mete had assists on both London goals and made several strong passes.  Bitten also picked up an assist with Hamilton.

QMJHL: Bourque had a three point night to get him back to the point per game mark.

WHL: Bradley picked up a couple of assists, he's now up to 33 points in 27 games. 

NCAA: Hawkey had an okay outing, allowing two on 18 shots.  He's 5-6-2 this year with a decent 2.68 GAA but a low .884 SV%.  From a development perspective though, he has played every game this season which is great.  Evans had an assist but has been a bit quiet as of late with just two helpers in his last six games.

Evans 2g (4,5) game, 15pts in 16gms. Would be cool if he can keep producing and finishes strong in 4th year.

Bourque gets his 8th, 28pts in 28gms. (Mete 24pts in 25gms, maybe he can have a multiple point game today vs Flint)

Sergachev 1a, for 8pts in 12 gms, so is early yet and assume late demotion from Habs took a bit of time to adjust to...perhaps?

Got a ceiling projection for Bradley, equal to Addison, Bourque most likely? A good AHLer maybe, but long shot to ever crack NHL roster (safe to say for most prospects I suppose)?

McNivan an off night it seems (on paper anyways), 3g loss on only 23 shots.

53 minutes ago, DON said:

Got a ceiling projection for Bradley, equal to Addison, Bourque most likely? A good AHLer maybe, but long shot to ever crack NHL roster (safe to say for most prospects I suppose)?

It's hard to put a ceiling on Bradley as I'm not sure what role he could fill at the pro level.  With Addison, there's a fourth line/energy/PK role that makes sense for him.  Bradley's not that type of player - he might be a third line two-way guy but I don't think the odds are that high of him becoming that.  I'd have Addison ahead of Bradley (they were actually 22 and 23 in my rankings) but I don't think either has considerable upside.  I wouldn't be entirely shocked if both were let go in June even though they're off to good starts this season.

I've seen about a dozen Spits games this year so far.  Addison has been the most consistent forward on the Spits from shift to shift in those games IMO (Vilardi is up there with him too).  His offensive ability looks very average, but he plays an aggressive, give it all you've got style every shift it seems.  I've been impressed with how hard he works out there, and his aggressiveness and hustle have really created numerous chances and goals that don't show up in his stats line.   His speed is also very noticeable out there.  I wasn't a big fan of his when he was drafted, but he' starting to grow on me.  Having said that, he still needs a lot of work to get to the NHL.  If he continues to play well and can show a little more versatility (mostly positional versatility) I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs sign him to an ELC.  I'm curious to see how effective he can be at the next level.  Even if he never plays in the NHL, he might be a good influence on some of the young players on the farm as he gets older.  Kind of the same way Dumont was good for the minor team.

On ‎2011‎-‎10‎-‎07 at 8:17 PM, Commandant said:

Courtesy

http://habsprospects.hockeyhq.net/

Moncton Wildcats 3 Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 2 (Final)

Morgan Ellis - one assist

Drummondville Voltigeurs 3 Gatineau Olympiques 6 (Final)

Archambault - one goal (3), one assist

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4 Shawinigan Cataractes 3 (Final SO) (SO: 3-2)

Bournival - one goal (10); also scored in the shootout.

Bentley University 1 University of Michigan 5 (Final)

Mac Bennett - one assist

Greg Pateryn - one goal

Air Force 3 University of North Dakota 4 (Final)

Danny Kristo - two assists

Mark MacMillan - one assist - First NCAA career point

Juulsen gets his 8th in 1st period.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker