Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

50 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Simon Bourque traded to Saint John Sea Dogs

Pretty hefty price, a couple of first rounders plus a young blueliner.  Rental prices in junior hockey are getting really high now.  (Though Bourque isn't necessarily a rental as he's yet to sign with the Habs; he could be back for an overage year if he goes unsigned.)

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Pretty hefty price, a couple of first rounders plus a young blueliner.  Rental prices in junior hockey are getting really high now.  (Though Bourque isn't necessarily a rental as he's yet to sign with the Habs; he could be back for an overage year if he goes unsigned.)

Being the #1 team in the Q, maybe they don't care about next year and just hope he can help get them to Windsor?

Mete gets 10th goal, now has 31pts in 31gms; he had 8g 38pts in 68gms last year, bit of increase in production.

McNivan gets 3rd shutout 3-0, is 17-7-1, 2.21, .921%

Pezzetta gets his 5th

Bradley 2g 3a +4...not a bad game (but not good enough to be one of 3 stars?)

42pts in 38gms

http://tigershockey.com/video/tigers-7-vs-hurricanes-9

Addison had two more goals yesterday to finish up 2016 on a strong note.  He has five goals in his last three games and has 16 on the season.

Hawkey got the win last night and didn't allow more than two goals in any of his six December appearances.  He's turning it around after a rough start to the year.  Here's an article on him from a few days ago: http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/20161229/mark-divver-pc-netminder-hayden-hawkeys-performance-is-trending-up

He didn't make the crack in my December Prospect 3 Stars but I want to at least mention Casey Staum's month - 6 assists in 8 games including a 3 point night the other day.  He had been really quiet to start the year, hopefully this is a sign that he's getting more acclimated to the USHL, a step up from high school hockey.

CHL top ten

Team

Last Week
1 Regina Pats
26-3-6-1

2 London Knights
25-6-2-3

3 Everett Silvertips
25-5-6-0

4 Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
27-8-2-0

5 Windsor Spitfires
24-7-4-1

6 Shawinigan, Cataractes
25-9-1-1

7 Prince George Cougars
27-10-2-0

8 Erie Otters
24-8-2-1

9 Saint John, Sea Dogs
23-9-3-1

10 Rouyn-Noranda, Huskies
21-10-1-5

Addison 4shots 1g (17) (has 6g last 5gms)

Sergachev +1 so far in game.

2g (12,13) +3 for Bitten in a 8-2 blowout of Generals.

1g(11) 6 shots for Mete

Bourque 1g (9) 2pts in 2 gms with Saint John, 30pts in 31gms...just under the 1.00ppg

But, many will say Q numbers don't translate as the OHL-WHL do to next level, so 32pts in 33gms for Mete is likely bit 'better' and a younger kid also.

20 hours ago, DON said:

Bourque 1g (9) 2pts in 2 gms with Saint John, 30pts in 31gms...just under the 1.00ppg

But, many will say Q numbers don't translate as the OHL-WHL do to next level, so 32pts in 33gms for Mete is likely bit 'better' and a younger kid also.

I have a hard time trusting offensive stats from London over the years.  While I don't want to take away from the players' accomplishments, how much of their offensive numbers is a by-product that they have a stacked team (in part due to their uncanny ability to convince players to only play for them or threaten to go to college) on seemingly a yearly basis?  Mete's improvements in that end are still impressive but I wouldn't necessarily suggest that his production will translate that well to the AHL in a couple of years from now, just like Bourque (who has a ton of PPP's once again).

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The fact that Mete is greatly outscoring Juolevi has to be impressive though.

Absolutely.  Juolevi hasn't been as strong as I thought he'd be this year but it's certainly noteworthy that Mete is outscoring him.  (He's also outscoring Sergachev on a point-per-game basis.)

Still with the OHL, McNiven got his sixth straight win last night.  He has allowed a total of four goals in that stretch.  Bitten had a 3 point night (1-2-3) and has been a point-per-game player since the beginning of December.

I missed this from a few days ago but Lukas Vejdemo has signed a one year contract extension with Djurgarden.  That would seem to take him out of the running to come over for next season to play in Laval.  He's had a tough year offensively but is still averaging a bit over 13 minutes a game which isn't too shabby.

Google Translated press release with some comments from their team director: https://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.difhockey.se/artikel/xhoeaixiw-1lead/djurgarden-forlanger-med-vejdemo&sl=auto&tl=en

TV Alert..........Tonight's Windsor Spitfires game against the Kitchener Rangers will be on SN360. Can at least flip between it and the Habs game to get some glimpses of Sergachev (#31) and Addison (#10). 

2 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

TV Alert..........Tonight's Windsor Spitfires game against the Kitchener Rangers will be on SN360. Can at least flip between it and the Habs game to get some glimpses of Sergachev (#31) and Addison (#10). 

I've been doing that.  Truth be told, I've been more impressed with undrafted d-man Jalen Chatfield than either of the Montreal guys so far. 

55 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I've been doing that.  Truth be told, I've been more impressed with undrafted d-man Jalen Chatfield than either of the Montreal guys so far. 

Ya I would agree with that. Sergachev hasn't stood out as much as I would of hoped. Addison I felt had a few good chances throughout but just couldn't bury it. 

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker