HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

OK, you made your point. We just wanna discuss football in peace.

If you promise no to troll around in this thread, I'll tell you something funny. But you have to promise. ;)

I haven't trolled in the thread, I follow the european games. I just made a point that to me as an american, it must be awesome to watch the game in person with the crowds. All the chanting, etc. That's awesome.

It just doesn't translate well on tv.

Much like watching NHL games on tv. You just don't get the crazy feel of the game like you do live.

Only sports that are 'tv' friendly are baseball and football (american). The rest you must see live.

That's what I'm saying, I love to watch soccer in person, if Vancouver gets an MLS team (which is very likely with the new stadium) I'd get season tickets.

Just trying to say that soccer is one of those sports that tv doesn't give it justice.

I disagree. I think you can thoroughly apreciate a soccer game even on television.

really? Espn announcers are horrible, during the world cup I went to Univision's broadcast it was 5 billion times better. MLS games don't have the crowd atmosphere that European games have.

I don't have surround sound but if I did, I'd pump it up during European games with the load crowds.

Well, gotta admit I don't know anything about American networks broadcasting soccer. Far from all Swedish commentators are any good. But IMO, if the commentators suck, you gotta look past that and focus on the game and the sport itself instead. You can always put it in mute. ;)

Since I have started watching soccer I find Cup finals in general to be not as exciting as all the hype. Teams have come so far and since it is only a one game winner takes all teams tend to sit back and wait for the one or two chances that might come. IMO Semi Finals and Quater finals are the most exciting soccer to watch.

I agree with PTG that the ESPN announcers are pretty bad but I still love to watch soccer on tv. I guess I have just learned to block them out.

Well, gotta admit I don't know anything about American networks broadcasting soccer. Far from all Swedish commentators are any good. But IMO, if the commentators suck, you gotta look past that and focus on the game and the sport itself instead. You can always put it in mute. ;)

but then I won't feel the crowd.

so hello univision and its goooooooooooaaaaaaal go-oh-oh-oaaaaaaaaal for 10 minutes when somebody scores.

so hello univision and its goooooooooooaaaaaaal go-oh-oh-oaaaaaaaaal for 10 minutes when somebody scores.
:lol:

Spanish-speaking network? ;)

gutted we lost but aggh well we won the league which is far more important and makes you more money :clap: COME ON AC MILAN on wednesday :clap:

Looking forward to the big Battle Royale on Wednesday. Liverpool vs. AC Milan, in Athens. A spectacle worthy of the old gods.

Meanwhile, Shevchenko eyes swansong in MLS.

Unhappy Mido: Joining Spurs was 'a big mistake'. Yeah, bye bye Mido. Nice knowing you. Hopefully you'll take your no-good countryman Hossam Ghaly with you. Make sure you tell that shirt-throwing punk not to let the door hit him on the way out.

Can't say I'd be surprised to see Mido leave. Berbatov and Keane-o have been stellar up front, and Defoe has at least scored 10 PL goals despite having a rather mediocre season. I was expecting Spurs to look for a new forward (they're going to need at least four of 'em since they'll be playing in the UEFA Cup next season too) and frankly Mido has not, how do you say, panned out.

Looking forward to the big Battle Royale on Wednesday. Liverpool vs. AC Milan, in Athens. A spectacle worthy of the old gods.

Meanwhile, Shevchenko eyes swansong in MLS.

Unhappy Mido: Joining Spurs was 'a big mistake'. Yeah, bye bye Mido. Nice knowing you. Hopefully you'll take your no-good countryman Hossam Ghaly with you. Make sure you tell that shirt-throwing punk not to let the door hit him on the way out.

Can't say I'd be surprised to see Mido leave. Berbatov and Keane-o have been stellar up front, and Defoe has at least scored 10 PL goals despite having a rather mediocre season. I was expecting Spurs to look for a new forward (they're going to need at least four of 'em since they'll be playing in the UEFA Cup next season too) and frankly Mido has not, how do you say, panned out.

i dont think mid's head is in football at all- is dad is a billionaire so he dont exactly need to be playing. Predctins for the liverpool vs milan game :

Milan 3 Liverpool 1

I always try to refrain from making predictions. It's not that I hate being wrong (which of course I do) but rather that I think it's so hard to predict.

That said, I guess I'm sorta hoping Liverpool will win, but I think Milan are favorites, even if they're not huge favorites. They looked fantastic against Man United, but understimating Liverpool is something you just cannot allow yourself to do, or they will beat you and you won't know what hit you. They've shown that they (Liverpool I mean) are a great cup team.

AC Milan is going to want some serious revenge after what happened a few years ago, I expect them to get it. Although I do agree with Doktor Kosmos that Liverpool are a great cup team, and in a one game final anything is possible.

I don't really root for either team, most of all I'm hoping for an entertaining game.

I don't really root for either team, most of all I'm hoping for an entertaining game.

itll be entertaining if liverpool try and attack milan- but ima fraid they wont and theyll try to 'not lose' rather than go out and actually win the game with free flowing football. chelsea play the same week in week out. if liverpool attack though then they will get murdered on the break by milan so to play cautiousley is the only way for them to be honest, if milan take a lead this time- they will not throw it away, so do you guys get coverage of the game over their?

itll be entertaining if liverpool try and attack milan- but ima fraid they wont and theyll try to 'not lose' rather than go out and actually win the game with free flowing football. chelsea play the same week in week out. if liverpool attack though then they will get murdered on the break by milan so to play cautiousley is the only way for them to be honest, if milan take a lead this time- they will not throw it away, so do you guys get coverage of the game over their?

Agree with this 100%.

Yes we do it is on here at 2:30pm in Ontario.