HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

Wow, FC Twente just got alot better. According to RTV Oost :huh: Twente signed Stein Huysegems.

Think Huysegems likes to play in red & white?

haha i just came here to tell you that, so you listen to RTV Oost, you like it ;)

Yeah im very happy with Stein signing here...we got a lot worse since Bakircioglu signed with Ajax and Touma didnt resign.

We got Denneboom on Baki's place, and Elia on Touma's place, but he's just a young kid i dont trust to much, so glad we can place Stein there. I like him as a player...i think he will be good enough for us..good day for the FC

Looks like Liverpool is also after Gabriel Heinze, which is an interesting move. I guess they want to move Riise back up to the left midfield spot. I certainly doubt they'd sign him to take over for Daniel Agger in the middle. Neither makes a whole lot of sense, since Riise is a great left back and Agger had an impressive first season in the middle. Then again, you can't really argue with getting a guy like Heinze, especially taking him from Man U.

Heinze is a bit too brutal and unpolished at times, but if Liverpool can get him they should. Move Riise forward to midfield and keep Agger in a central position, put Heinze on the left flank. Sounds good to me.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Wow, saw some highlights of the U-20 World Cup game between the US and Poland. Freddy Adu showed why he had so much hype so along ago with a hat trick, including some Ronaldihno like moves to get around the defense. He'd pretty much fallen off the radar, maybe he's gonna start living up to the hype now.

I'm not much of a soccer fan, but I took my g/f(she's Polish) to Poland vs. Korea game at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Very exciting. Korea played much better I find, but they just can't finish. They had so many opportunities. It was like watching hockey, very North-South game.

yeah 3 goals. big deal, why? Its Under 20 folks. He plays with the big boys.

So is 75% of the players on a tourney a such! The biggest talents in age groups like that play in there first squad (otherwise they wouldnt be big talents)

What I meant was that its u20. That's like me saying I can pwn the freshman basketball team (which I can) but varsity I'm just another tall dude. Basically that's what Freddy is. He's a failure so far on the Varsity teams (professional) all these u20 matches he's owning the place. The kid is what 18 now? There were a bunch of 18 year olds staring in the World Cup I seem to remember the next Maradona for Argentina playing. He's like 18. Scored a goal I think.

Freddy Adu its put up or shut up and he's failed when it counts. much like Michelle Wie.

yeah 3 goals. big deal, why? Its Under 20 folks. He plays with the big boys.

So is 75% of the players on a tourney a such! The biggest talents in age groups like that play in there first squad (otherwise they wouldnt be big talents)

What I meant was that its u20. That's like me saying I can pwn the freshman basketball team (which I can) but varsity I'm just another tall dude. Basically that's what Freddy is. He's a failure so far on the Varsity teams (professional) all these u20 matches he's owning the place. The kid is what 18 now? There were a bunch of 18 year olds staring in the World Cup I seem to remember the next Maradona for Argentina playing. He's like 18. Scored a goal I think.

Freddy Adu its put up or shut up and he's failed when it counts. much like Michelle Wie.

Youngsters cant keep paste, dont play on a same level. Good game/bad game.

And a guy like Lionel Messi becomes better and better cuz he's being challenged in one of the best league's around the world. Adu isnt, so he doesnt make much progress...

Pierre, watch Freddy play, then pass judgement on him. He was the best player on the pitch as they beat Brazil, one of the tournament's favorites. In MLS, he's never been given a chance to succeed. His rookie year, the coach didn't like that the team signed some 14 year old because ESPN was hyping him up. All season he was used as a late substitution. For the next two years, he played more, but wasn't really given a chance to do his best, as he was asked to play a passive role. Even so, in 2006 he was a coach's selection to the All-Star team. I for one can't wait till the US puts Adu in the midfield with Donovan. With those two at midfield and the improving Eddie Johnson up front, the US is gonna start being a much better offensive team.

I'd like to see him play but I don't have the luxury of an MLS team like you do. Plus when is a game ever on? Or for that matter Real Salt Lake playing? When Beckham gets here that's the only team they're going to show.

I never saw Adu play until Friday on ESPN. You have ESPN, right? As I've said, I watched my first Crew game (and MLS game for that matter) the Wednesday before the NHL draft, and have only been watching since then. So my knowledge of Adu's play comes basically from the Poland highlights on Sportscenter and then Friday's game on ESPN. He was a stud. Having the Crew nearby has had no effect on my opinion of Adu.

Very exciting game tonight between USA and Uruguay. 8 yellow cards given out, easily could have been more. I noticed at least once a Uruguay player got away with smacking the ref's arm out of the way. Uruguay dominated the play, the US was very tentative. They seemed very afraid to play the ball forward, I've never seen so much back passing. US tied it up with just a few minutes to go, thanks to an own goal by Cardaccio, who slid in trying to prevent a shot. He deserved it, the guy is a real jerk. US then put the winner in during the second extra period. After the game, Uruguay players started some pushing and shoving, a nice little skirmish ensued, Cardaccio and Michael Bradley, who scored the winner despite a poor game, were in the very middle of it. Bradley was absolutely incensed about something.

The LA Galaxy are going to change their team colors. Beckham wants the team to play in white/blue/gold instead of green & gold, LA's team colors for 12 seasons now.

:blink:

babel to Liverpool, 20 Mln. Way overpayed and overrated that kid. Good luck with nothing!

Why is Liverpool paying big money for another forward? I can understand the need for depth, but they've already got Kuyt, Crouch, and Torres up front. Why pay big money for another guy?

The LA Galaxy are going to change their team colors. Beckham wants the team to play in white/blue/gold instead of green & gold, LA's team colors for 12 seasons now.

I knew they were switching colors, I hadn't heard anything that it was Beckham's idea. I figured it was just a marketing ploy.

so who's watching beckham's welcome to america game tomorrow?

I knew they were switching colors, I hadn't heard anything that it was Beckham's idea. I figured it was just a marketing ploy.

Typical LA doing something for marketing. I remember Wayne personally changed the uni's of the Kings when he got there.