Into the Abyss: the Carey Price debate

These two reports:

17 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

16 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Waite also told TSN690 this afternoon that while Carey isn't injured he isn't 100% ... he noted that Price has had a history of some significant injuries and that as a result he suffers stiffness, which I might take to mean long-term limitations on his flexibility, and that he needs to learn to play within those new parameters ... hopefully Carey is willing to make the necessary changes

are pretty damming for MB, I was trying to rationalize his actions but if he did the moves to save his job: I am really disappointed 

—-

I was still surprised to hear that Waite said on the TSN interview that he expected Price to struggle in February but that the plan was to make sure he was in top shape before the playoffs, whe he would be playing two games out of three

That made me think that MB had a change of heart on what was expected and fired Waite because he could not wait for the CJ-SW plan to sort itself out.

16 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Waite also told TSN690 this afternoon that while Carey isn't injured he isn't 100% ... he noted that Price has had a history of some significant injuries and that as a result he suffers stiffness, which I might take to mean long-term limitations on his flexibility, and that he needs to learn to play within those new parameters ... hopefully Carey is willing to make the necessary changes

If that is the case, we need Carey to get on whatever Tom Brady is on; clearly it's not detectable by current testing and it flat-out WORKS.  Watching Brady operate this season makes me believe that there is something out there that can roll back the clock on an aging athlete's body.  (Weber needs to jump on that train too)

55 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

If that is the case, we need Carey to get on whatever Tom Brady is on; clearly it's not detectable by current testing and it flat-out WORKS.  Watching Brady operate this season makes me believe that there is something out there that can roll back the clock on an aging athlete's body.  (Weber needs to jump on that train too)

It's more the D break downs on the PK that leaves guys open for point blank scoring chances. For some reason this d has stopped play tough in your face and hard hitting like the were the first 8 or so games.  5v5 his numbers are really good, yes he has let in some soft one's  but again if you look at the whole play that leads to the goals it's just dumb plays by the players in front of him.

So the question is, is it the system or the players? Me any felt it was the system which is why they fired CJ and KM. With a new coach and  system we will see if it indeed was the system or if this core group of players just can't get it done and its time to blow the core up and more forward with the young guys as the new core and build the team around them.