Gainey Grabs Samsonov!

kenadian

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently read some comments from Samsonov's agent about his signing with Montreal. Gainey was on the phone with him from 12 noon of the first day of free agency. There were 4 teams in the running, and some were offering him longer (4 year) deals. The Canadiens' offer was the most appealing, as Samsonov liked the idea of having two good seasons in Montreal, then testing the free agency waters again at age 29.

Read the details starting near the bottom of this article [registration required, but it's free]:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins...gophers/?page=2

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins...gophers/?page=3

Craig MacTavish thought Samsonov looked like an accountant. To me he looks like a postpubescent Dennis the Menace. Anyhow...

of RDS' "Samsonov Top 5 Career Highlights" montage.

I want to make out with gorgeous #1 :wub:

Craig MacTavish thought Samsonov looked like an accountant. To me he looks like a postpubescent Dennis the Menace. Anyhow...

nice find. I hope that samsonov and kovalev are complementary and not mutuallly exclusive.

I hope those beautiful plays and effort are repeated in Sammi's stay in Montreal... I love how this guy a) goes to the net, and B) finishes...

I hockeygasmed watching those clips! :D

What number will Samsonov and Johnson have?

Both had 12 in their earlier clubs and 12 is retired in Montreal to Dickie Moore.

There's just one 21 and my guess is that Johnson will take that and Samsoniv wil go with 23.Or?

Edited by ch_nl

Both had 12 in their earlier clubs and 12 is retired in Montreal to Dickie Moore.

There's just one 21 and my guess is that Johnson will take that and Samsoniv wil go with 23.Or?

Hmmm... Carbo and Gainey's old numbers. Could happen, unless the latter is slated for the rafters at some point.

What ever number he does choose for his jersey... I pray that the larger number appears on the score sheet with big time points for him and his line.

God knows that RIB's is jumping for joy now, knowing that he finally has that extra chemistry that was missing on his line.

Sammy, Ribby and Kovy Show Opening its act in Buffalo October 06'

Tickets in front of my TV are going fast, the lazy boy seat is already gone, I've got two couch side seats any takers?

I hope those beautiful plays and effort are repeated in Sammi's stay in Montreal... I love how this guy a) goes to the net, and B) finishes...

I hockeygasmed watching those clips! :D

They really weren't that nice. #1 was ool because he shot from between his legs and #2 was nice but the other were just tapping in a pass.

I don't quite see Higgins giving up 21 for either player.

I don't quite see Higgins giving up 21 for either player.

You're probably right. (I may have played too many NHL 06 games where Higgins has #88)

You're probably right. (I may have played too many NHL 06 games where Higgins has #88)

yeah and bouillon's a right handed shot :?-

They really weren't that nice. #1 was ool because he shot from between his legs and #2 was nice but the other were just tapping in a pass.

Still... hard nose for the net... I like it

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but doesn't he kind of resemble Leonardo DiCaprio when he went up for his Calder?