Fantasy Football

revvvrob

Curious as to who's everyone's 1st choice (top 3 really) for

RB

WR

QB

TE

K & Def ... who cares!

i'm in a few Yahoo leagues - i could use some advice. ;)

BTW - please don't let Fanpuck read this thread ... i need to kick his 'rear-end' this season! :D

RB:

Ladanian Tomlinson: He's always first in my book, the Chargers will rely on him even more this year with a new starter at QB in Phillip Rivers

Larry Johnson: With Holmes likely out of the picture and considering how he turned it on last year he's the likely first pick in most leagues. He drops to number 2 for me because there is still some doubt about whether holmes will be around to steal some carries throughout the year.

Shaun Alexander: I put him 3rd because there isn't another guy who qualifies in the "elite" class (we'll see maybe portis), Im hesitant about Alexander though because the O-line took a big hit with the loss of Steve Hutchinson.

WR

Steve Smith: I have smith higher than most at this point because I think he's going to benefit this year from having a legitimate #2 WR beside him in Keyshawn Johnson. His number should only improve.

Chad Johnson: If Carson Palmer comes back from injury as the Palmer of old than Johnson becomes first on this list. He only drops because of possible QB concerns.

Terrell Owens: Love him or hate him, he's in a place to succeed in Dallas and should see the ball a TON.

QB

Peyton Manning: Is there any other choice here?? no explanation needed.

Eli Manning: I think this is the breakout year for this guy. He has a great running back, solid WR's and a stand out TE. He is going to be a stud for the Giants this season.

Carson Palmer: Similar to Johnson his ranking is based on his health. If healthy he jumps to number 2 on this list. He proved last season to be an elite QB and should be able to do it again.

TE

Antonio Gates: again, nothing needs to be said. The most dominant TE the NFL has seen in years.

Todd Heap: With new QB Steve McNair his numbers should sky rocket. McNair notoriously uses his QB's a lot and Heap and his fantasy owners will benefit.

Jeremy Shockey: See above, Mannings breakout year only means better numbers for Jeremy.

We should totally do a HWL fantasy football league. Send me a U2U if you're interested and I'll set it up.

I'd have Brady ahead of Eli or Palmer. He's always had Branch and a cast of mediocre receivers (watch out for Chad Jackson. Being the hardcore Gators fan that I am, I know how good this kid can be. He's in a great situation with New England). The new coordinator never hurt either, Brady had his best season of the year last year. Same with McNabb, he can take a junk receiving corps and put up amazing stats.

Rob, defense can be really important. I went out and got Indy's defense last year and holy cow, they helped me out of some tight spots.

Alexander is on the cover of Madden 07, I'd be wary. Since they started putting players on the cover, they've had shitty years.

Hehe, Eli Manning and the 3 TE are the only guys who weren't keepers in the the league he is in. He's in my league and he took over an inactive team last season.

As for Brady, he was my keeper, but I'm a bit wary of him right now. Branch is holding out, Givens went to Tennesee, and Jackson is a rookie. We all know that rookie WR typical take a season or two to hit their stride. Also, they drafted a good RB, so they won't have to go to an all-passing offense when Dillon gets injured or tired.

And for defense, out league uses individual players. 1 DB, 1 LB/DL, and one utility defender.

I thought Givens went to the Redskins? Either way, not a big loss. Reche Caldwell can do the same job just as efficiently, plus they've still got the versitile Troy Brown. The defence should keep the offense out there a lot too so Dillon and Mahoney can pick up good stats while Brady can still throw it around.

What you're guaranteed to get with Brady is a great TD:INT ratio which is what I really like about him. He can throw 15 TDs but he'll only have 1 or 2 picks. I'll take that over the guy who throws 30 TDs but 15-20 INTs.

I thought Givens went to the Redskins? Either way, not a big loss. Reche Caldwell can do the same job just as efficiently, plus they've still got the versitile Troy Brown. The defence should keep the offense out there a lot too so Dillon and Mahoney can pick up good stats while Brady can still throw it around.

What you're guaranteed to get with Brady is a great TD:INT ratio which is what I really like about him. He can throw 15 TDs but he'll only have 1 or 2 picks. I'll take that over the guy who throws 30 TDs but 15-20 INTs.

I guess I should clarify about the scoring in our league. We're not a Roto league where TD:Int ratio means anything. We're in a head-to-head points based league where the 2nd type of guy you list is much more valuable. 2 TDs and 1 INT per game outscores 1 TD and 0 INT per game.

Caldwell can't really compare to Givens. His best season is worse than Givens' worst season of the last 3 years. Troy Brown is versatile, but very average. He had 1 great season in 2001, but hasn't been as good as Givens the last 3 years.

I guess I should clarify about the scoring in our league. We're not a Roto league where TD:Int ratio means anything. We're in a head-to-head points based league where the 2nd type of guy you list is much more valuable. 2 TDs and 1 INT per game outscores 1 TD and 0 INT per game.

Caldwell can't really compare to Givens. His best season is worse than Givens' worst season of the last 3 years. Troy Brown is versatile, but very average. He had 1 great season in 2001, but hasn't been as good as Givens the last 3 years.

They also were both in different situations. Caldwell has seen Flutire, an ineffective Brees. Givens had Brady. Givens really isn't all that much better and New England really isn't better or worse off without him.

They also were both in different situations. Caldwell has seen Flutire, an ineffective Brees. Givens had Brady. Givens really isn't all that much better and New England really isn't better or worse off without him.

An ineffective Brees? Are you joking? He's been excellent the last two seasons. In 16 games last year with an effective Brees, he had just 350 yards and 2 TD. When Brady was desparate for someone to pass to, Givens was his man. There is a reason givens has a TD in every playoff game he's every played in. I know playoffs don't mean anything for fantasy leagues, but that just goes to show who Brady went to when he realyl needed a completion. The knock on Givens has been his durability, and Caldwell is no upgrade in the durability department and is certainly a downgrade in performance.

We better have a league again this season, I need to defend (or more likely, blow) my title. May as well set the league up Joel, go from there.

For those who don't really know, Joel's been running the HW Fantasy Football league since, well, a year before HW came to life...It should stay that way IMO.

You draft a team on NFL players, a certain amount for each offensive skill position and a team defense. You set your lineup each week and you gain points based on the players' performance in real life.

Not sure about this league, but I'm guessing it is head-to-head points based, meaning each week you are matched up against a human opponent, the manager with the most points out of his team wins the "game."

Okay, well I'm interested in joining the league, but it says live online draft and I won't be here on the date specified. So unless there's a way around it, I'll remove myself when requested.

Okay, well I'm interested in joining the league, but it says live online draft and I won't be here on the date specified. So unless there's a way around it, I'll remove myself when requested.

You can pre-rank all your players in a list, which will then be used for the draft.

The draft time is not final. Once we have a decent sized league we will try and figure out a time that suits everyone or almost everyone.

yeaaaaa - you let me into the league!!!!

:clap:

i promise i'll try not to be the league's doormat and save that honor for some jack.

This hardcore Jets fan finally decided to join.

And I am now laughing at the fact Reggie Bush just went 3rd overall in the draft I'm in right now.

J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!