Movie Scene Trivia # 1

Doktor Kosmos

# 6 - French Connection

That does looks a little like Gene Hackman in the 2nd car, but the current Hackman, not the young one from French Connection. Its not him though. I could swear I've seen him before but I can't remember from which movie it is. The guy in the first car looks like Ian McKellen but its not him neither... Aaahhh I'm going crazy now!

#9 must be a 2nd world war movie. Country-side looks nothing like Vietnam. Unless its bad filming location choice. :P

#2 is tough as well... Enemy at the Gates, maybe?

#7 is so random... Indiana Jones?! King Kong? Could be anything...

#4 has to be an historical piece set in the 60's somewhere. For some reason the Aviator comes to my mind but I dont think its that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#4 has to be an historical piece set in the 60's somewhere. For some reason the Aviator comes to my mind but I dont think its that.

I guarantee you #4 is from Mulholland Drive. It's the scene where they're holding auditions for some movie role. The director had been told by the mobsters to pick that girl for the part. The scene in that picture shows the girl auditioning. "This is the girl"

Edited by bbr93

Reminds me of the Thin Red Line, the part where they walk and walk and an off-screen voices reads poetry. In the movie that scene happens right before I fall asleep... :P

that was a great nap!!

# 1 is not one of the Shrek films, but in a way it is a better guess than the Rings trilogy. It's not an animated film though.

# 2 is not Enemy at the Gates.

# 3 is Kung Fu Hustle. Good job Dutchie. # 8 is not The Bourne Supremacy though, believe me.

# 4 is not Mulholland Drive. Nicely done, bbr93. I too am a bit of a Lynch fan, but I think Mullholland Dr. was the most incomprehensible film of his I've seen so far. :lol:

# 7 is not The Mummy. This film is from the late 1960's. It is also not The Scorpion King. It's not that kind of movie, as you will see when I post another clip. It is not from either of the Indiana Jones trilogy, and it has nothing to do with King Kong.

Pierre is right about # 6, it is not Independence Day, it is a film from the 1970's, and much of the story takes place in New York. It is not Taxi. You might say that French Connection is the best gues yet, but it is not the correct one.

# 9 is not Forrest Gump and it is not A Bridge Too Far, but it is a war movie. Not Full Metal Jacket though, it's older than that. I'm sure a lot of you have seen it. At least most of you older guys. KoZed is right about it not being a Vitenam film but a WWII film. Pierre is right, it is set in Europe, but it is not Saving Private Ryan, not The Thin Red Line and not Windtalkers.

ADD: There, second scenes are up.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Hard.

7# looks like a Sergio Leone. My guess would be The good, the bad and the ugly.

9# Could it be Patton?

and taking a wild guess at number 2: Paths of Glory.

nice game! hmm

#6 like kozed said, it looks like Gene Hackman. Is it The conversation by Francis Ford Coppola?

#7 isn't it you're favorite movie? Once upon a time in the west --

#9 - A bridge too far?

#1: Van Helsing?

#2: No clue, doesn't look like something anything...

#6: Ok, I knew I had seen that movie. Its freaking old. I watched it on TV when I was not even 10 yrs old. Its a Jew in NY who meets an old Nazi he had known from the concentration camps. I'll be damned if I know the name of that movie though...

#7 isnt the good the bad and the ugly... I dont watch Westerns so I won't even try to guess...

#9 looks older than the 70's... I'm guessing a 60's movie, so I'd go with The Longest Day.

9 - Kelly's Heroes?

a couple of other slightly older movies that come to mind are:

the Big Red One

the Dirty Dozen

the Devils Brigade

the Bridge at Remagen

is #2 from All Quiet on the Western Front(second version - not the original)

Edited by beliveau1

Sniper, keep guessing out of left field; # 1 is The Brothers Grimm.

# 2 is All Quiet On The Western Front, the version from the 70's with Ian Holm.

KoZed, you are on the right track with # 6. All you have to do now is remember the name of the film, because I believe you're thinking of the right one.

# 7 is not a Leone film, and it's not Butch Cassidy....

# 9 is Kelly's Heroes.

All that's left now is # 6 and # 7.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Sniper, keep guessing out of left field; # 1 is The Brothers Grimm.

# 2 is All Quiet On The Western Front, the version from the 70's with Ian Holm.

KoZed, you are on the right track with # 6. All you have to do now is remember the name of the film, because I believe you're thinking of the right one.

# 7 is not a Leone film, and it's not Butch Cassidy....

# 9 is Kelly's Heroes.

All that's left now is # 6 and # 7.

ARGGGH I knew #2 was a first world war movie. Agh you through a curveball with the remake. The orginal is one of the best war movies of all time.

I thought that was Kellys Heroes but the first pic look like its been restored. The dirt looks like the minefield that they had to clear with spoons and knives while the Germans came and shot a couple of them.

:hlogo:

Only because of the tattoo on the wrist (possibly holocaust?) in the 6B pic and that its from the 70s im going to say Voyage of the Damned, or it could be the GodFather 1 or 2

Only because of the tattoo on the wrist (possibly holocaust?) in the 6B pic and that its from the 70s im going to say Voyage of the Damned, or it could be the GodFather 1 or 2

Naah, its neither of them.

The movie is about a Jew in NY who surprived the Holocaust and he runs into a German he remembers being a Nazi and he gets him arrested or something. I think the Jew works in a jewelry shop or something and I think there's an investigation going on during the movie.

Mind you, I've seen that movie on TV almost 20 years ago when I was about 8 or 9. It was dubbed in French so I've got zero chance to find the title. But goddamn it, I'm happy just to have remembered it!

# 9 is not The Big Red One. Beliveau1 already got it, it's The Wild Bunch.

I thought that was Kellys Heroes but the first pic look like its been restored. The dirt looks like the minefield that they had to clear with spoons and knives while the Germans came and shot a couple of them.

That is exactly it. If I remember correctly, the are crossing a field (the one in the picture) and they find they're in a mine field. I think two guys get stuck and have to disarm a mine, but at the same time they can hear a German motorized patrol coming, so the group make it across the field as quickly as possible to ambush the patrol in order to give their comrades more time to diffuse the mine. The ambush is successful in that they take the Germans out, but the two soldiers stuck in the field are killed.

# 6 is not Voyage of the Damned and not one of The Godfather films. KoZed is so close of getting it, he just needs to remember the title.

I'll add a third scene for # 6. Hopefully it will ease your mind. Or perhaps it will not... -_-

Edited by Doktor Kosmos