Do you wish you were something else in life?

Pierre the Great

Yeah I know I'm not worried about career but mainly about being with someone thats where the hurt comes from. For example I can't go to the mall because I'll run into couples. lol. Partly its my fault I refuse to date anyone in this area. Not my kind of girls and people. I basically want out of here and don't want to have something make me stay.

Hehehe... sounds familiar.

You just need to hang out where foreign students & immigrants hang out. Catch a girl from a different cultural background and all. Cultural differences is one of the easiest ice-breaker ever. That's why I miss University so much...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know about the foreign students I get along great with them. When I get to university I'm going to move into the international students dorm.

and you'll probably find a nice girl that comes from st louis who did same thing(moving to international dorm).

:P and you should move in manitoba because I think we don't have any members from there

Edited by marky_and_komi

LOL I despise midwestern people. The smoke, there rude, deny that they're racist to the core, too conservative, hypocrits and I swear we're all inbreded because we all look the same. lol.

they're all as tall as you ??

LOL I despise midwestern people. The smoke, there rude, deny that they're racist to the core, too conservative, hypocrits and I swear we're all inbreded because we all look the same. lol.
no not as tall as me but we do all look alike. Its creepy. Plus everyone is fat.

Talk about generalizations... :wacko:

Missouri must be different than the rest of the midwest. I would say a large percentage of my friends here are from Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin/Minnesota, and they're all pretty normal. In fact, I can't believe how many midwesterners in general live in the Denver area.

In no way to I claim to be offering expert advice here Pierre, so if you don't like what I'm saying, if you totally disagree, jiust ignore me. And I know it'd probably annoy me if anyone told me, but you're just 20 and you do have your whole life ahead of you. What I mean is don't rush things. Sounds like you have sort of a plan, so try to pursue that, one step at a time. Try to be patient without taking too long to reach the next step. Just don't give up if you don't reach a certain goal in the time you've planned. Sometimes stuff gets in the way, taht's just life.

Although I have a brother who has an ADD disorder, I don't know how yours affects your life, but obviously that is something that I think you have to consider.

However, from what you've posted previously in this thread, you seem like a person who can handle a big share of responsabilities, perhaps better than "normal" (pardon my French) people.

Unless you are a part of a very select few that are born with a silver spoon in their mouth, everyone hits bumps in the road. Some hit few bumps, other hit many, but everyone hits them. I think every normal person has doubts from time to time. I know I sure as hell do. Sometimes I think that I haven't accomplished anything. I'm 30 and I haven't really achieved half of the things I envisioned as a teenager. What I mean is, it's perfectly normal to go trought bad times.

What keeps me going is that I feel that I have... oh, how should I put this in English...? I feel that I have set out a course. My life is moving in a certain direction (although it sure is taking its time). As simple and hard as it is all at the same time, setting your life out to go forward in a direction of your choise might be worth thinkin about. Try to figure out what you like doing and just go out and do that. You never know what that might lead to. When I was in my early 20's I started coaching a kids team in floorball. I enjoyed it very much and I learnt a lot from it, and I evolved, truly evolved, and grew a lot as a person. It has given me a lot of joy, good new friends and it has also opened doors to me that wouldn't have been open for me if I hadn't gone down that path, if you know what I mean.

That is probably the advice I have for you that I consider the most important, for you to do something that you really like doing. (Perhaps it's even better if it's something that you do in your spare time and not related to a working career.) The point is that if you start enjoying your life more, I think it will give you more energy to use on working on other parts of your life that you aren't satisfied with.

Don't get me wrong though, I know this is easy for me to say. The reason why I posted this is just to let you know that you are not alone out there, you aren't the only one who's gone through things like this. But for what it is, this is my advice, and my way of trying to cheer you up.

If you disagree, just ignore what I said. I haven't met yuo in person so obviously I don't know you, but for what it's worth, you seem like a smart and nice person.

I'm going to stop rambling now. Hope you can take something out of all this jibberish and turn it into something that's useful to you though. ;)

No I don't disagree with you Doctor K, I know I'm only 20 and I have nothing to be sad about even though I've had a rough 14 or so years. Going through a lot of things normal kids don't usually go through nor do I want them to go through. I grew up fast so to speak. I know for a fact from what I've gone through if I wasn't strong emotionally I would have died along time ago. But guess what? I'm alive and kicking. I've gotten through the crap (almost) and I'm ready to move on.

My hatred of Saint Louis is because when I think of where I live I think of all the bad stuff that has happend to me in my 20 years so far. So when I get critized for hating missouri please just please just accept what I'm saying that its only coming from PTG and isn't the norm although I've met 20 people who feel the same. But most of those people share the same story as mine.

I just want to help people and not have them go through what I've gone through.

This is a little besides the point, but you do have every right to be sad for having had it rough growing up. No one should have to do that. What I meant by that is that sadly, you aren't the only one who has. Know what I mean? I dind't mean to, how do you say, diminish that. I didn't mean to patronize you. I hope you didn't feel like I did. (I don't think you felt that, I just want to make it crystal clear that that was not my intention, just to be on the safe side. I'm not trying to judge you, au contrair.)

This is difficult for me to put into words in English. Do you think you might be able to learn Swedish, like real quick?? ;):D

In a way I think it's good that you don't like living in St.Louis, because you do seem to have a drive to get out of there. To have an inner drive is great. Motivation is good to have.

Perhaps helping others might also be a good idea. I hope it is, or else I've wasted a lot of time in my life (coaching kids, working as a teacher).

And most important, like you said, you're still alive and kicking! That is a great accomplishment. Be proud. Stand tall. B)

Well, if you want to effect real change.....

Take a deep breath. Give up on school for now, get a job. Work your ass off at said job and pinch and save every damn penny. When you have enough for a move, find a place in Canada where you think you'd like to be. (Vancouver is ridiculously expensive.) Research, research, research. Find a job in said locale. Move to said locale. (Go through all the governmental nonsense in the process - talk about a headache.) Work your ass of and save every damn penny until you've got enough to head back to school. Take another deep breath. Apply to college/university and start your life anew.

There is absolutely nothing harder in this world, in this life, than change. If you can dig deep and push down the fear enough to exact significant change in your life, you're already ahead of 99% of the people you see around you. You're a fairly political person - how much does it take to change someone's opinion once it's set? Almost impossible right? Even in the face of almost overwhelming evidence, something as simple as an opinion can be ignored.

Therefore, when you make your big plan, start small. Choose one thing that needs to be changed and change it. Then pat yourself on the back because you just did something that many are incapable of doing. Keep making more and more changes until you're comfortable with change.

Then take that deep breath...

By the way? I went back to school at 33. My first attempt at university. If I can do it, anyone can. :)

Well, if you want to effect real change.....

Take a deep breath. Give up on school for now, get a job. Work your ass off at said job and pinch and save every damn penny. When you have enough for a move, find a place in Canada where you think you'd like to be. (Vancouver is ridiculously expensive.) Research, research, research. Find a job in said locale. Move to said locale. (Go through all the governmental nonsense in the process - talk about a headache.) Work your ass of and save every damn penny until you've got enough to head back to school. Take another deep breath. Apply to college/university and start your life anew.

There is absolutely nothing harder in this world, in this life, than change. If you can dig deep and push down the fear enough to exact significant change in your life, you're already ahead of 99% of the people you see around you. You're a fairly political person - how much does it take to change someone's opinion once it's set? Almost impossible right? Even in the face of almost overwhelming evidence, something as simple as an opinion can be ignored.

Therefore, when you make your big plan, start small. Choose one thing that needs to be changed and change it. Then pat yourself on the back because you just did something that many are incapable of doing. Keep making more and more changes until you're comfortable with change.

Then take that deep breath...

By the way? I went back to school at 33. My first attempt at university. If I can do it, anyone can. :)

Thats exactly what I'm doing, just working and saving up to attend U of C and get my degree in English Lit. I'd also like to move out first so I can't see my attending university until I'm 21 or 22. It's so expensive though, I like to think I'm doing it the smart way. All my friends just went straight from high school to university and now they're all having significant money problems because they didn't really have the funds to go straight to university.

Yeah reading everything i have to agree with a lot of people here: You need a fresh start. (and most of the times a new place is the thing)

Thats most of the times the best way to put it all behind.

There are some smart people on this board, and i think this is one of the best threads ever. (serious talk, not yada yada yada)

My friend, at your age you are far from alone. When I was 20 I also was out of school, no high school and struggling working for weekend rock bands. It wasn't until my 30's that I got a diploma in business, and was already raising a family at the time.

My daughter has gone throught the cutting stuff in the past 2 years, as you now would know, it is a not a good answer to lifes problems.

Life is an ever changing journey and what seems the most important to us now fades as the years pass. When life gets you down it is best to think of something to do to beat it. What ever makes you feel good about yourself, indulge. Sports can be a great outlet, or art.

If you want to move to Canada, and go tho University or tech college, consider moving to Edmonton. It is very easy to get employment there, high paying if you are a worker. After you are there a few years and your residence is established you could get gov't assistance and go to school. 30 is not too old to complete your degree.

My friend, don't let life get you down. Life is what we make it, although circumstance plays a role we can always find ways to alter our position.

Always remember young man, you are a Habs fan now, that puts you among the elite of the earth. We are like the knights templer only with more cups.

Always remember young man, you are a Habs fan now, that puts you among the elite of the earth. We are like the knights templer only with more cups.

:lool:

If you want to move to Canada, and go tho University or tech college, consider moving to Edmonton. It is very easy to get employment there, high paying if you are a worker. After you are there a few years and your residence is established you could get gov't assistance and go to school. 30 is not too old to complete your

thats so true !! I could even get you a good contact for a job and an appartment. edmonton also has a great university.

Edited by marky_and_komi

There are some smart people on this board, and i think this is one of the best threads ever. (serious talk, not yada yada yada)

my feelings are the same. there are many quality people on this site and whenever I come home, I can't wait to come and say Hi to all of you and chat for a few minutes !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

LOL, really? I want to forget these days. I've got to many things to see in my third decade to be sitting here doing nothing in saint louis.

I've thought about doing work in Canada. I'd love to do that actually if the other route falls through. I'd be happy in Montreal but really the most happiest in Vancouver since I have friends there. Plus there's Olympic's construction going on. And all those condos need plumbing/electrical work etc.

I've got two paths ahead of me. One is the working route which I've been doing for the past 2 years already and the other is going back to school and doing something in social welfare or something.