Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

My personal favourites are by far Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario. Then again, I'm a big Mario fan so my opinion is biased in the plumber's favour. I also enjoyed both Trauma Centre games. No More Heroes is good too, even tough Santa Destroy is the most boring fictional city ever. The boss fight are what makes the game worth it.

I'd say Radiant Dawn is my favourite game on the Wii. Other big favorites from games that have been mentioned are Metroid Prime 3, Okami (although this is for the PS2 version, it's up there with Shadow of Colossus in terms of artistry. Beautiful game, Wii version is supposed to be just as good.) Zack and Wiki was really good too after I managed to track it down. I've mentioned it before and not going to debate again if some replys to me but No More Heroes is another one of the best released on the Wii. I was really hesitant about Boom Blox as well but I actually really enjoyed it (Spielberg was the creator of this game. Thats right, the Spielberg). If you play with friends a lot then Warioware is a game to look at as well (this just made me realize I forgot to list Mario Party 8. Awesome fun if you've got friends to play with)

I'd say Radiant Dawn is my favourite game on the Wii.

Funny, that one is my biggest dissapointement by far on the Wii. It felt too much like Path of Radiance 1.5 to be enjoyable to me. Nothing in that game couldnt had been done on the Cube... :unsure:

Funny, that one is my biggest dissapointement by far on the Wii. It felt too much like Path of Radiance 1.5 to be enjoyable to me. Nothing in that game couldnt had been done on the Cube... :unsure:

Other then Brawl, you can say that about any Wii game. The Wii itself is basically a Gamecube 1.5. In terms of gameplay, you're right, it's very close to Path of Radiance. Although it is the first to offer multi-tier promotions since Gaiden (so it's the first of the English games). It's far from a dissapointment though. A Wii dissapointment would've been Soulcalibur Legends or Red Steel.

Anyway, I'm a big Fire Emblem mark so FE games are usually at the top of my list. I've even played through Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Ken (the original game starring Marth) and Seisen no Keifu

Basically give me a Fire Emblem game and I'll enjoy the hell out of it, is what I'm saying. I bet I spent more time playing Fire Emblem in my Grade 11 Math class then I did actually learning Math.

A Wii dissapointment would've been Soulcalibur Legends or Red Steel.

I didnt played these so I cant say :)

Other then Brawl, you can say that about any Wii game.

Even Galaxy? To me that was by far the most impressive Wii game. I'm crossing my fingers for a Galaxy 2 before the end of Wii's lifetime.

And I'm not a big FE fan, the only contact I had with the serie were the GC and Wii game. I enjoyed the GC one, but the Wii one not so much,

Even Galaxy? To me that was by far the most impressive Wii game. I'm crossing my fingers for a Galaxy 2 before the end of Wii's lifetime.

Well ignoring the fact that Brawl had to use a dual-layered disc, obviously Galaxy is going to be the most impressive game graphically because theres not a lot to compare too. It probably could've been done on the Gamecube although the quality might be a little less. I have no doubts the Xbox (first one) could've handled it no problem.

Miyamoto said in Famitsu that he wants to make Galaxy 2 because there was a lot of stuff they left on the table during production. Theres already a new Mario game in development (announced at E3 this year) and most people are speculating it's Galaxy 2.

I still want my damn Pikmin 3.

Well ignoring the fact that Brawl had to use a dual-layered disc, obviously Galaxy is going to be the most impressive game graphically because theres not a lot to compare too. It probably could've been done on the Gamecube although the quality might be a little less. I have no doubts the Xbox (first one) could've handled it no problem.

We've probably been over this before, and I still don't get what was so impressive about it. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but I didn't notice anything groundbreaking. Is being able to walk around on a sphere that revolutionary?

Trauma centre: Second Opinion

Trauma centre: New Blood

Those are fun at the beginning, but they get pretty repetitive pretty quickly.

Warioware: Smooth Moves

Rayman Raving Rabbids

I didn't enjoy either one. I guess I'm just not a fan of "party" games.

My personal favourites are by far Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about Paper Mario, that was a fun one also.

We've probably been over this before, and I still don't get what was so impressive about it. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but I didn't notice anything groundbreaking. Is being able to walk around on a sphere that revolutionary?

Wow, I'm actually going to get rid of this post.

I just noticed we have talked about it before. Twice. If I still haven't made an impact by now then it's kinda pointless.

Edited by jetsniper

and thats on top of what Fanpuck mention. You may not like everything I mentioned but you'll at least find some kind of enjoyment from that list. They're all game I either absolutely loved, enjoyed or thought was pretty good.

Thanks jets!

Thanks jets!

Not a problem. I should note not all of those games are critically acclaimed so obviously theres probably some games there you won't like that I did. I think you already know a little research is necessary before buying games though, haha.

Well, overall my review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is pretty good.

Pros:

- The controls are excellent, which was my biggest worry. The movements all seem pretty natural and given the limitations of the Wii remote, the lightsaber movement is as good as could be expected.

- I'm only halfway done, but the story is pretty good so far, it does have me wondering how the game will end.

- Customizable force powers and lightsabers

Cons:

- The camera can be a bit iffy at times, but that will happen with any game

- I didn't find any difficulty options

- It doesn't have any puzzles. Figuring out how to proceed was one of the great things about Star Wars games like the Jedi Knight series.

- Reading a review alerted me to a certain character appearing halfway through the game, and I encountered that character after only about 4-5 hours of play. That leads me to believe it's a pretty short game.

I haven't played the lightsaber duel mode yet, I'll get to that this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been like a week almost, I'm surprised no one has said anything. Nintendo held it's media summit on Thursday and had some pretty big news for the hardcore gamers like myself (this conference blew their E3 shit out of the water)

-Nintendo announces the DSi. Another updated DS now coming with larger screens, two cameras, external storage and a web browser. With the web browser comes a new online service where you can directly download DS games to your DS. The only thing I don't like about it is they took away the GBA slot. I've still got the phat DS from launch so I've been wanting to upgrade mine, I'll probably hold out for the DSi. It comes out next month in Japan but friggin Reggie said since sales are strong for the Lite, the DSi won't be out till after April 2009 (aka Nintendo's fiscal year)

-A new Wii channel for the WiiSpeak that can allow up to 4 people to chat. Probably useful for all the soccer moms and grandmas with a Wii, not so much for everyone else (which is the minority, sadly)

-Nintendo is re-making various Gamecube games with Wii controls, calling it the "Play for Wii" series. The launch titles will be Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Pikmin Other games that will be released are Pikmin 2, Chibi Robo, Mario Tennis, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2. It launches December in Japan, not North American date yet.

Metroid Prime with the Wiimote? hellyeah.jpg

*ahem* - Nintendo will be releasing an update in the Spring allowing you to load directly from the SD cards. Kind of a welcome addition, it sort of answers the calls for an add-on HDD. I've got like 40 VC titles, maybe 10 WiiWare games and then different channels like the Internet and Weather channels. Fumbling around with all of that is getting seriously annoying.

- Nintendo also announced two actual games. Two really, really big games. First off they're working on a Punch-Out! sequel and secondly (and this is where I spit my drink all over the computer screen when I found out) Nintendo will be releasing Sin and Punishment 2. Sin and Punishment 2! Hell yeah, motherf*cker! Oh yeah, Cave Story is going to be released on WiiWare as well.

ok i'm new with a Wii ( my gf bought it alone :king: with MarioKart, 1 more controller and 2 stearings !!)

The most funny thing with Mario Kart is the online battle and race.

My questio : Is the WFConnection cost something ??? Because I've just spent 3-4 hours total online in 3-4 days...

ok i'm new with a Wii ( my gf bought it alone :king: with MarioKart, 1 more controller and 2 stearings !!)

The most funny thing with Mario Kart is the online battle and race.

My questio : Is the WFConnection cost something ??? Because I've just spent 3-4 hours total online in 3-4 days...

No, the Wii's online service is free.

What's your Mario Kart friend code?

Mine is: 3179-6460-6735

I just learned the friend code exists. I'll check this out later when I get home.

HELL FREAKING YEAH, NO MORE HEROES 2 ANNOUNCED TODAY AT TGS!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/917/917757p1.html

October 8, 2008 - It's TGS time, and that means we're due for a few random announcements in the keynotes and showings to follow. The first major one on the Nintendo front? Apparently No More Heroes - the sleek, sexy neo-punk design from the mind of Killer 7's Suda 51 - is getting a sequel, named No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle, and it'll again be handled by Marvelous Entertainment, and once again, Grasshopper Maufacture.

No official announcements have been made yet, but video recently was debuted on the net, showing off an obviously overjoyed Travis Touchdown donning a new style of beam sword, fighting a hot jetpack lady with boosters coming out of her octopus backpack arms. We'd say that's about as official as it could get, right? At the tail end of the short teaser, Travis glances over the camera and shouts "I'll be back" in classic Terminator fashion. After that, we passed out from overwhelming amounts of joy. When we came to, we wrote this story.

We'll have more on No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle, including new details on a possible US release (Ubisoft, we're looking in your direction?) as news breaks.

It's sales weren't great so I'm surprised. I guess they're banking on the great reviews it got plus word of mouth.

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS! The bolded part can include me.

I'm addicted to Super Metroid. I collected all the powerups now and I feel uber powerful :).

• 3 weeks later...
Mega Man 9 kicking anyone elses ass?

Nope, been too busy getting my ass kicked by the new Castlevania on DS :wacko:

(They're is no DS thread so I tought I'd post that here)

Nope, been too busy getting my ass kicked by the new Castlevania on DS :wacko:

(They're is no DS thread so I tought I'd post that here)

Thats only been out for a week and a half, you've had a whole month to get your ass kicked in Mega Man 9 before Castlevania came out.

Srsly, MM 9 is insanely difficult.

• 1 month later...

So I'm done with ToS 2.. sad than such a low budet game is the best thing for the Wii this holiday season, but seems like it is. Decent game, altough nothing out of the ordinary here.

Now onto Crono Trigger DS. Now thats a classic! Altough, damn, the game sure is easy.