Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Thats not even half the game, no you didn't.

I guess we have very different ideas what a fair chance is. I think playing a game for a good few hours and three whole levels is plenty to determine my opinion of a game. Even after not caring for the first level I planned on beating the game, simply because I like beating rental games so I feel like I saved tons of money by renting it instead of buying it. I tried to go on, I just disliked it so much that I stopped playing.

We both know my tastes in games and movies are nowhere close to general opinion, so it's a good bet that I won't enjoy things that most people like. I felt it was a terrible game, so that's how I'll describe it. I simply enjoyed playing Lost more, even if it was the lesser game. I was intrigued by the story enough that I kept playing despite how poor the game was. The story in No More Heroes was so preposterous to me that I didn't care about the story enough to keep playing a game that I only found enjoyable 5% of the time, the boss battles.

*shrugs* Whatever dude.

Nintendo has started showing Wii Music, I've been waiting for this game. Random guy was showing off the drum kit (gonna need the balance board for that too) and then Miyamoto came out playing the saxophone.

Wii Sports Resort will be released next spring so it's probably the same for MotionPlus. They're making it sound like it'll eventually be mandatory (ugh) but Wii Music is set for release by the end of the year. Now they're playing the violin and the piano.

The hell? It's over already.

What a shitty press conference.

I'm looking at buying a wii. anybody knows where I could get one. they apparently have none at best buy and future shop

I'm looking at buying a wii. anybody knows where I could get one. they apparently have none at best buy and future shop

Don't know if it's the same up there as it is down here, but where I am you still have to show up before stores open on Sundays when the Wii is in their ad. Some places are still doing vouchers an hour before they open.

oh boy !! I want one but i'm not as desperate !!

I'll old on my Play station

Edited by marky_and_komi

Yeah, you gotta be quick on the draw for the Wii. Or just trying walking into a store and getting lucky. Nintendo sold 700 000 units in the last 3 months, the most any console has sold in one quarter that doesn't include November or December. Like half of Nintendo's conferece was just them telling everyone how much crap they've sold.

Man, EA is taking their Wii titles way too far away from traditional gamers. NCAA 09 is TERRIBLE! They didn't include the next generation in-depth recruiting. It's extremely cartoonish and an annoying voice is constantly yelling at you. The play clock runs too fast. You can't even export draft classes to Madden! I never did Campus Legend mode, but this game doesn't have it. I'm fine if they wanna have a dumbed down control scheme for people to fool around with, but dumbing down the whole game is asinine. Looks like another summer of biking over to my buddy's place to do a dynasty on 360.

I'm so sick of dumbed down games on the Wii. Just because it's marketed toward non-traditional gamers doesn't mean they should alienate traditional gamers like this. There is a nice happy medium that should be met.

I find a Wii or 2 ''in the wild'' once in a while here. You dont need to camp anymore to get one, at least in my town. I would recomend checking stores that get less trafic, like Zellers or Loblaws (yes they do sell games at Loblaws)

And about New More Heroes.. awesome boss fights and characthers, but damn Santa Destroy is so goddamn bording to explore and the plot twist before the final boss is really ridiculous. I dont think the game want you to take it seriously tough.

I've worked for Just for Laugh fest for the last 7 days in the "just to play" section. We have 3 Nintendo Wii (Guitar Hero, Dance Revolution and Wii sports). I can tell you that this shit is Freakin' popular over there.

We use to ear the same 8 songs during the 6 first days of Guitar Hero, but one of my co worker came with this AWESOME cheat who unlocked every songs ! YAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

TIRED OF "HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT" 20 TIMES A DAY !!!! ###### you ######ing Pat Benatar, ###### !

We use to ear the same 8 songs during the 6 first days of Guitar Hero, but one of my co worker came with this AWESOME cheat who unlocked every songs ! YAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

Haha, you couldn't just unlock songs as you went?

I won't dispute that the Wii is a great system, I love it. They just get no respect from 3rd party companies, who see the system only as a family system, alienating people who have grown up on traditional games and expect a certain level of professionalism in games.

I've worked for Just for Laugh fest for the last 7 days in the "just to play" section. We have 3 Nintendo Wii (Guitar Hero, Dance Revolution and Wii sports). I can tell you that this shit is Freakin' popular over there.

TIRED OF "HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT" 20 TIMES A DAY !!!! ###### you ######ing Pat Benatar, ###### !

Those are the 3 games they're using to show off the Wii? Dammit Nintendo, they need to be using Galaxy or Corruption as a game to show off the system as well.

Haha, you couldn't just unlock songs as you went?

I won't dispute that the Wii is a great system, I love it. They just get no respect from 3rd party companies, who see the system only as a family system, alienating people who have grown up on traditional games and expect a certain level of professionalism in games.

It's fairly easy to see there is a lot of potential everyone is pissing away right now. Even when it comes to first party but E3 showed their true focus. Of course I'm happy as hell a new Animal Crossing is coming but it definitely showed the direction Nintendo wants to take especially in interviews after their main conference when they announced they were working on new Zelda, Mario and Pikmin games.

I don't care if development isn't that far in, they can still slap together a CGI trailer or something like they had prepared for Brawl back in E3 2006. Hell, even Sony managed a CGI trailer for God of War III. Gamers want Zelda and Pikmin. Not a bloody Wii Sports sequel (which in itself is basically nothing more then a tech demo!)

Those are the 3 games they're using to show off the Wii? Dammit Nintendo, they need to be using Galaxy or Corruption as a game to show off the system as well.

Yeah, Guitar Hero and Dance Dance are dumb games to demo with the Wii. Wii Sports is a logical choice, but if someone has played Wii before, then they've played Wii Sports. Brawl, Mario Kart, and Galaxy should be their demo games. I guess I can see sticking with Wii Sports over Brawl, simply because it better demonstrates the motion sensing that sets the Wii apart.

Yeah, Guitar Hero and Dance Dance are dumb games to demo with the Wii. Wii Sports is a logical choice, but if someone has played Wii before, then they've played Wii Sports. Brawl, Mario Kart, and Galaxy should be their demo games. I guess I can see sticking with Wii Sports over Brawl, simply because it better demonstrates the motion sensing that sets the Wii apart.

Exactly, it kind of kills their motto of wanting to include everyone when they're putting the hardcore crowd out into the cold. I was watching G4 right after Nintendo's conference and their interview with Reggie was hilarious.

"What do you say to the hardcore gamers who are feeling left out?"

"How can they feel left out when they've got Animal Crossing and....erm...A-Animal Crossing. And GTA on the DS!"

I'm glad Nintendo isn't a laughing stock anymore but this is getting ridiculous. Conduit better not suck balls.

yes. but it is not to show off the Wii, it is a stand in a section of the fest called "just to play". We have 1 atari, 2 super nes, 2 sega genesis, 2 nintendo, 2 nintendo 64 and 1 playstation first edition.

the games they decided to go with for the Wii are all there because

1. they are rated G

2. boys like wii sports and guitar hero while girls like dance revolution and guitar hero

3. all about quickplay. 1 game of 4-5 mins and then NEXT... this section is crowdy.

I don't know about Galaxy or Corruption though.

Companies will always have a hand in there when their current system is on display. They always want to protect the P.R of that system since it's their best money maker, it's the same as the set-up at Stampede a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, Capcom has announced they're going to port Dead Rising over to the Wii. I thought Dead Rising was a game that really relied on the raw power the 360 had to offer so I'm a little skeptical because the Wii leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not much of a graphics whore but the Wii is ridiculous, NHL 2k9 screens are god awful. Anyway, if Capcom uses the DVD9 technology which powered Brawl then they might be alright. Their Okami port was apparently superb as well but I never tried it, already bought the game when it originally came out for PS2. Damn shame Clover Studios had to shut down a little while after.

Same goes for Dead Rising, already have it on the 360 so I'm not gonna bother getting the Wii version. Especially when it won't be near as good.

Well, I'm going to be a stickler here but "G" doesn't exist for games, it's actually "E" for Everyone. Then theres E10+ which obviously is for Everyone 10 and older. T for Teen and M for Mature which is 17 and older. If you buy an M game, technically you either need ID or parental permission. I've only been ID'd twice, once for Resident Evil 4 and the other when I bought my PS2 a couple months later since I got San Andreas and God of War with it.

Then theres A which is for Adult but that basically never gets used for regular games. I think Manhunt 2 originally got an A but the three major companies have policies that don't allow A games to be released for their consoles so they had to cut some stuff out of Manhunt so it could be released. BMX XXX almost got an A rating too but again, theres policies so stuff had to be trimmed.

Oh, and EC for Early Childhood. I don't think I've ever played an EC game though. The game probably has to be the most simplistic, straight-forward thing ever to get EC.

• 1 month later...

As expected, the Wii version of NHL 2k9 is just as bad as the 360 demo. Not really much to say besides that. I kinda expected it to suck, but was really hoping that it wouldn't. Gamefly is saving me a lot of money this year. I've spent 45 bucks for 3 months and haven't enjoyed a single one enough to buy it. Plus I'll be able to get NHL 09 and Force Unleashed at a discount, which will make it seem like paying only 20-25 bucks for those three months.

I downloaded Mario RPG on my Wii. Now that's money well spent.

I downloaded Mario RPG on my Wii. Now that's money well spent.

Holy shit, I just checked wiki to see if you meant on the VC or just as homebrew. I'm halfway through the game on snes9x but after I beat it, I'm definitely getting that. That was supposed to come out as soon as early 2007, I've been waiting for that since launch of the Wii.

They just need to release Majora's Mask now.

So... I'm a 360 guy but I finally bought a wii. Any game recommendations?

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Mario Strikers Charged

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Mario Kart Wii

Super Mario Galaxy

The only non-Nintendo games I can really recommend are Lego games (easy, but amusing) and Tiger. 3rd party companies haven't come up very big on for the Wii.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Mario Strikers Charged

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Mario Kart Wii

Super Mario Galaxy

The only non-Nintendo games I can really recommend are Lego games (easy, but amusing) and Tiger. 3rd party companies haven't come up very big on for the Wii.

Thanks man!

So... I'm a 360 guy but I finally bought a wii. Any game recommendations?

*ahem*

Metroid Prime 3

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Zack and Wiki

Okami (if you didn't play it on PS2)

Resident Evil 4 (if you missed it on GC, PS2 or PC. Even then the new controls add to it so it's worth a rental)

Boom Blox

No More Heroes

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Warioware: Smooth Moves

Trauma centre: Second Opinion

Trauma centre: New Blood

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (if you didn't play the 360 version. I had a lot of fun with this game)

SSX Blur

Elebits

Wii Fit, if you can find it

Metal Slug Anthology

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Dragon Ball Z: BT 2 if you don't mind DBZ

NiGHTS

Need For Speed Carbon

and thats on top of what Fanpuck mention. You may not like everything I mentioned but you'll at least find some kind of enjoyment from that list. They're all game I either absolutely loved, enjoyed or thought was pretty good.