Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Galaxy is that good....what makes it so special ?

The level design is top-notch, the music adds another element to the game, the Wii controller is put to good use, some uniqiue and original ideas are included (power-ups and whatnot)

Everything came together beautifully.

The level design is top-notch, the music adds another element to the game, the Wii controller is put to good use, some uniqiue and original ideas are included (power-ups and whatnot)

Everything came together beautifully.

Aw yea i guess ill rent it for a bit and if i like it ill purchase it :D

Man i just think the concept is amazing. I was always a Sonic fan first so i guess i just want to see him kick some mario ass...

So then you would really want to play Super smash Brawl ;)

www.smashbros.com

Check the characters :D

Well if you're just going to go for 60 stars, it's gonna be easy. Trying to get all 120 is another story.

Everything Nintendo did in SMG just furthered the platforming genre about 10 years. Truly one of the greatest games ever made and easily the best in the Mario franchise (yes, even better then Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Bros. 3).

Depending on how Mass Effect is, Super Mario Galaxy is easily my GOTY. Sorry Bioshock.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bad news week for the Wii. First SSB: Brawl gets pushed back till April, then Star Wars gets pushed back to August.

Who said it got pushed back to April?

It's out March 9th.

What pissed me off was No More Heroes's delay. Tons of games are getting pushed back in Canada because they haven't printed a French manual. Is it just me or doesn't that seem like a no-brainer?

• 2 weeks later...
Who said it got pushed back to April?

It's out March 9th.

April, March, either way it's not February like we were expecting.

Just finished beating SMG 100% with Mario. I don't think I'll go for completion with Luigi any time soon, though. I got really burnt out on the game on a few of those purple comet missions.

It's a month later, boo hoo. You could actually tell this one was coming if you were following development at all.

If we get improved online play, it's worth it. Nintendo needs to shove their friend codes up their ass. I've heard rumblings of extra charcters being added too. Capcom apparently wanted to get someone in there so Leon Kennedy may show up as a secret character. It's still a longshot but my fingers are crossed.

People who have downloaded the game haven't found any new characters yet either so it's basically wishful thinking. Leon being in the game would be sweeter then Snake though. I'd download it myself but I don't like messing around with modchips.

• 3 weeks later...

The day of reckoning is almost here, Super Smash Brawl is out TOMORROW!

And some stores are selling it today, actually. Futureshop's website says they have it in stock but I don't know if they've put it out on the shelf yet. Probably not but I might check today anyway. At the latest, I should have it on Monday unless they sell out really quickly.

*knock on wood*

The day of reckoning is almost here, Super Smash Brawl is out TOMORROW!

And some stores are selling it today, actually. Futureshop's website says they have it in stock but I don't know if they've put it out on the shelf yet. Probably not but I might check today anyway. At the latest, I should have it on Monday unless they sell out really quickly.

*knock on wood*

Tell me about it. By the time my midterm is over on Monday, I bet they're all sold out. Should've reserved a copy.

Tell me about it. By the time my midterm is over on Monday, I bet they're all sold out. Should've reserved a copy.

Yeah, me too but I didn't have any money up until I got paid for some work I did downtown yesterday (like 3 weeks after I did the work. Stupid companies.) so I never bothered. But now that I can afford it, I'm super effing stoked.

Reading that over, it sounds like I whored myself out. Some "work" I did downtown, eh? :lol:

Yeah, me too but I didn't have any money up until I got paid for some work I did downtown yesterday (like 3 weeks after I did the work. Stupid companies.) so I never bothered. But now that I can afford it, I'm super effing stoked.

Reading that over, it sounds like I whored myself out. Some "work" I did downtown, eh? :lol:

Yep for sure. ;)

Now that I'm looking at it, the starting list sucks

SSBB_character.jpg

I guess I'll take Pokemon Trainer for a spin before going back to my old standby Link. Sad to see Mewtwo go, I liked using him. And Young Link has been replaced by "Toon Link". His English name isn't known yet but basically it's just the cel-shaded Link.

Now that I'm looking at it, the starting list sucks

SSBB_character.jpg

I guess I'll take Pokemon Trainer for a spin before going back to my old standby Link.

They always suck to start off but the fun is unlocking them all. ^_^

You use Link too eh? I was going to say I'm going to try out the Pokemon trainer to start off too! :lol:

I have to start with Pokemon Trainer, I've been dieing for Charizard to be in the game since I bought Super Smash Bros. when I was 12.

It didn't suck for Melee, because most of the new characters where starting guys. I actually used Bowser a lot before deciding I didn't like the fact he was slow as ****. It was fine for solo play but my friends ate me alive so I had to go back to Link. Lucario is going to be Mewtwo's replacement and I'm interested to see how that works out.

I have to start with Pokemon Trainer, I've been dieing for Charizard to be in the game since I bought Super Smash Bros. when I was 12.

It didn't suck for Melee, because most of the new characters where starting guys. I actually used Bowser a lot before deciding I didn't like the fact he was slow as ****. It was fine for solo play but my friends ate me alive so I had to go back to Link. Lucario is going to be Mewtwo's replacement and I'm interested to see how that works out.

The steel/fighting type eh? Lucario's awesome. lmao

Yea I started off as pikachu and I would always use thunder and it pissed my friends off because i was really good at using it in the air so if I was able to get them to jump..... PIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Enemy flies off into the distance after being shocked in mid air* So yea.... :D

Speaking of Pikachu reminds me...

I am so ****ing glad they ditched Pichu. What a waste of time he was. They've toned down Jigglypuff though, thats sad. You could obliterate people with her Rest.

I'm in the mood for some Pokemon now.