Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Yeah, most people right now are placing Ike alone in the top tier. He's very easy to use, casual friendly. Olimar is another one thats in the higher tiers.

I haven't used Link much since I'm so comfortanble with him, trying to get used to some of the newer characters. So far I've liked Pit the most probably. I'm trying to master Sonic as well, he's got a big learning curve but if I can get him under control then it will be worth it.

I like Pit a lot. Olimar's weird. He throws his dumb little onion fellows and such. Yea, I forgot what they're called sadly. :lol:

Don't have Sonic...... yet. lol

Pikmin, they're called Pikmin.

He's pretty damn powerful.

Yes, Pikmin. That was the name of that game. Just completely forgot what they were called. ;)

Agreed that Pit is pretty sweet. He's like a combination of Donatello and Leonardo, with his weapon(s). Sonic can be cool if learned, Meta Knight is kind fun also. Some of the Super Smash Moves are funny, but one shot kills I'm not a fan of, so I usually turn them off. Can't wait to unlock more characters!

What are Super Smash moves? The Final Smash?

They're not all one shot kills you know. I guess you turn the home run bat off as well.

Won my first Brawl tourney at my local EB Games yesterday. Prize wasn't much, just a free game. I'm waiting to see what I get for my birthday before I decide though. Will probably end up being Rainbow 6 Vegas 2.

What are Super Smash moves? The Final Smash?

They're not all one shot kills you know. I guess you turn the home run bat off as well.

Yeah, I know, but a lot of them are. We usually leave the home run bat on, since you just have to be an idiot to get hit by it since the windup takes so long. I can't remember the last time anyone actually got hit by it, we always use it as a projectile.

Unlocked Lucario tonight, one of my favorite characters to use now.

Edited by Fanpuck33

Home run bat can be pretty deadly in tournament competition when you're not paying attention on some of the smaller stages, I wouldn't be so quick to diss people. It's part of some pretty lethal combos.

Back in Melee the home runs were a bit more frequent, but on this new one it takes like 2 whole seconds to do a power swing. The one hit part of the final smashes wasn't the only thing I don't like about them, though. I think you should have to earn them by doing well in the game, not just being the first to break the ball. Chasing the ball in the middle of a fight just seemed silly to us. Also, since it's called a final smash, you should only be able to use it to get the last kills, not just anytime the ball appears. I just had its use pictured a lot differently. I guess it boils down to being ok with one shot stuff that takes perfect timing, as opposed to a lot of the final smashes which involved little to no skill.

Edited by Fanpuck33

just got myself a wii.. playin "the bigs" all the time, love it.. never seen ronnie belliard get this many grand slams in a single game.. hehe

just got myself a wii.. playin "the bigs" all the time, love it.. never seen ronnie belliard get this many grand slams in a single game.. hehe

Wow, makes me wonder if I played the same game. I absolutely hated it. I could not for the life of me get the pitcher to throw the pitch I wanted, I thought they did a terrible job of mapping the motion sensitivity.

Wow, makes me wonder if I played the same game. I absolutely hated it. I could not for the life of me get the pitcher to throw the pitch I wanted, I thought they did a terrible job of mapping the motion sensitivity.

Don't worry Fanpuck, it was a pretty poor game across the board.

The only reason I like it so much is because its the only baseball game we can get over here in Europe ;)

Hooray! I'm not just an oddball for once!

You replied to his post exactly 12 hours later. :unsure:

Finally beat Adventure mode in SSBB. Was bored so I finally got around to finishing the great maze off. Finally figured out how to use that crazy map. :P

I like the word finally.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

• 1 month later...

I'm actually looking forward to Mario Kart a bit. Always liked them and it's another game to treat myself with to celebrate being off.

Mario Kart hasn't been good since 64. Double Dash sucked and this one looks really dull. It's getting decent scores but I won't get it.

Oh come on. Sure they haven't been the greatest thing in the world but they're still relatively fun to play. A version for the Wii? Good enough for me. ^_^

Oh come on. Sure they haven't been the greatest thing in the world but they're still relatively fun to play. A version for the Wii? Good enough for me. ^_^

Sorry, Mario Kart is turning into Mario Party. Even the Wii couldn't save Mario Party.

What was wrong with Double Dash? It was the same as 64 except you could choose two drivers.

That being said, I have mixed feelings about Mario Kart Wii. In terms of racing, I think it's a ton of fun and more challenging than previous Mario Kart games. I think it's the best use of the Wii remote so far, especially since there are no gimmicky uses. The negatives, however, are in battle mode. I'm disappointed that they didn't leave it alone. Seems like you can only do timed team battles, instead of three balloon free for alls.

P.S. My Mario Kart ID is: 3179-6460-6735