Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Speaking of Pikachu reminds me...

I am so ****ing glad they ditched Pichu. What a waste of time he was. They've toned down Jigglypuff though, thats sad. You could obliterate people with her Rest.

I'm in the mood for some Pokemon now.

I know. I hated being put to sleep! :lol:

I'd do that to my friends while I was carrying the home run bat, haha.

The bat was so much fun. Can't frikkin wait till this midterm is done. ^_^

Well if you're just going to go for 60 stars, it's gonna be easy. Trying to get all 120 is another story.

A few of the purple coin levels were challenging, but the majority were pretty easy. The level with the fall away floor was very difficult and I got a little impatient with one of the moving levels. That being said, it was still a very fun game, the first Mario game I've ever beaten. I compare it to Lego Star Wars, since it's easy to beat and then challenging to get the extra stuff done. Of the two, I enjoyed Lego more.

I'm in the mood for some Pokemon now.

Those games never get old.

A few of the purple coin levels were challenging, but the majority were pretty easy. The level with the fall away floor was very difficult and I got a little impatient with one of the moving levels. That being said, it was still a very fun game, the first Mario game I've ever beaten. I compare it to Lego Star Wars, since it's easy to beat and then challenging to get the extra stuff done. Of the two, I enjoyed Lego more.

:blink:

Those games never get old.

Of course not. They take a lot of flack for being kiddy or whatever but Pokemon games are a great and simple starting point for American kids to get introduced to JRPGs. From there they can move on to other things like Dragon Quest (and I mean real Dragon Quest games, not that hokey version the Wii just got).

Wow.

At 1) Lego over Galaxy. An enjoyable way to waste half an hour versus the re-invention of the platforming genre. To each their own I suppose.

2) Responding to a 4 month old post.

1. How did it re-invent anything? What was so innovative about it? What in that game has never been done before? I found Paper Mario to be a much more enjoyable game, it was a lot more challenging. It had a lot more variety, better story, and better puzzles. Come to think of it, I guess that was really the first Mario game I ever beat. Not having played a Paper Mario game before, it seemed much more unique to me.

As for the Lego comparison, both were pretty easy to beat without dying (since you can't even die in LSW), but both had fun levels. I give LSW the edge because the side tasks, in general, were more of a challenge and LSW has the humor element.

2. Just noticed it today when I flipped back a page to see if I missed anything in the conversation about Smash Bros. I'm so torn about my excitement. I can't wait for it, but I almost don't want it to be delivered this week because it will make writing my paper all the more difficult to do. Even with the anticipation of it, I can't stop procrastinating this weekend.

Edited by Fanpuck33

Damn, I changed my post hoping to avoid an argument I didn't feel like participating in.

Non-gimmicky use of the Wii controller, superb level design, outer space effects, yada yada yada. Look it up yourself, I'm not just giving my own opinion, the gaming community was basically unanimous in the things said about Galaxy. Theres a reason why Galaxy won a large amount of GOTY's and acquired a 40/40 from Famitsu. Gamerankings has it listed as the 2nd best game of All-Time right after Ocarina of Time.

Like I said, I didn't really feel like doing this anyways so I'll let the accolades speak for themself.

The game has enjoyed extremely high critical acclaim. NTSC-uk said that Super Mario Galaxy "will influence gaming perceptions, sure to replenish any lost passion".[38] GamePro stated that the title "raises the bar in terms of what can be achieved on the Wii."[39] IGN called Super Mario Galaxy "Wii's best game, and an absolute must-own experience", and "one of the greatest platformers ever played." GameSpot praised its gameplay and level design stating: "if ever there were a must-own Wii game, Super Mario Galaxy is it."[40] Game Revolution noted the variety of gameplay, reliable camera angles and easy to use controls.

I guess I don't find it a big deal that the Wii-remote was used well, I assumed that would happen. I mean, Mario is Nintendo, so if there is one game that uses the Wii physics well, it should obviously be a Mario game. I guess I just don't really see how the remote use was much different from a lot of games. Aiming at star bits was no different from any shooter game and the special uses like for rolling the ball didn't seem a whole different from party games and even the ball game in the fishing shop in Zelda. 95% of the time the remote was just used for aiming at the star bits and spinning. Yes, it's a great Wii game, but I don't think it even came close to Twilight Princess.

P.S. Looked at Gamerankings and I want to know how Crash Team Racing is in the top 200, but Mario Kart64 isn't. I mean, CTR was simply a clone of MarioKart! Only reason I liked it better was because I liked the PS controller a lot better than the N64 controller, so I was better at it. Oh God, and even worse, they have NHL 2002 as the best hockey game? Ugh, I despised that game with a passion! NHL 2004 was so much better, and NHL 08 blows it out of the water.

Edited by Fanpuck33

Well, keep in mind that TP was the first Zelda game I ever played.

Oh.

If you'd played any other Zelda game before, you'd realize TP just runs in the middle of the pack. Seeing as it's your 1st though, that might skew your views on any future Zelda games.

Has anyone bothered to post their friend code in this topic? I'd check but theres like 50 pages here so I don't really want to.

We might as well get on it for the inevitable Brawl matches. I'm sure I have Fanpuck's because we played some Mario soccer online (like one game and he wiped the floor with me, haha). Convenient too because I just found the installation CD for my wi-fi adapter this afternoon. I'd thought I lost it after I'd started looking for it when I put this new computer together on Thursday. It's a strong little sucker too for 40 bucks, my Wii is 2 floors up and I get clear reception. Has me thinking of going wireless for my other consoles and just having everything in my room.

Has anyone bothered to post their friend code in this topic? I'd check but theres like 50 pages here so I don't really want to.

We might as well get on it for the inevitable Brawl matches. I'm sure I have Fanpuck's because we played some Mario soccer online (like one game and he wiped the floor with me, haha). Convenient too because I just found the installation CD for my wi-fi adapter this afternoon. I'd thought I lost it after I'd started looking for it when I put this new computer together on Thursday. It's a strong little sucker too for 40 bucks, my Wii is 2 floors up and I get clear reception. Has me thinking of going wireless for my other consoles and just having everything in my room.

I recently did that. Not wireless mind you but it's a whole lot nicer to play whenever I want without being disturbed. :D

So Nintendo's website says a small percentage of Wii consoles may not be able to play Brawl. It's got a large disc capacity and consoles may have trouble reading it. You're not supposed to take the game back or try to clean the lens yourself. You basically can only send the console in to Nintendo. They're trying to keep it to a week max where you don't have your Wii.

Obviously they'll try to downplay that but thats a huge gaffe. *knock on wood* for my copy.

So Nintendo's website says a small percentage of Wii consoles may not be able to play Brawl. It's got a large disc capacity and consoles may have trouble reading it. You're not supposed to take the game back or try to clean the lens yourself. You basically can only send the console in to Nintendo. They're trying to keep it to a week max where you don't have your Wii.

Obviously they'll try to downplay that but thats a huge gaffe. *knock on wood* for my copy.

That's gay. I'll do the same for my copy but seriously, they are going to piss off a ton of their customers with this. I'll be livid if I have that problem.

Oh.

If you'd played any other Zelda game before, you'd realize TP just runs in the middle of the pack. Seeing as it's your 1st though, that might skew your views on any future Zelda games.

Agreed, however, TP IMO was still a downright awesome game. ^_^

TP didn't suck, thats for sure.

I'm scared shitless about this Brawl problem now. I mean, even if it works at first, you have to figure your lens will eventually get dirty and boom, no Brawl for you.

It's 5:30 AM and I'm so excited for Brawl that I can't sleep so I've decided that I'm not gonna bother. Tomorrow is Sunday so having a nap won't hurt (or I guess today is already Sunday. Either way, it's still the weekend)

Hell, I might just leave in a couple hours and wait for the store to open. Or I guess I could see if we have a 24 hour Wal-Mart and leave now. >_>

It's 5:30 AM and I'm so excited for Brawl that I can't sleep so I've decided that I'm not gonna bother. Tomorrow is Sunday so having a nap won't hurt (or I guess today is already Sunday. Either way, it's still the weekend)

Hell, I might just leave in a couple hours and wait for the store to open. Or I guess I could see if we have a 24 hour Wal-Mart and leave now. >_>

I'm sure you already have it and are playing it to death. Or you're waiting in a line somewhere or as soon as you got home, your cat grabbed the disk as you pulled it out and ran to the bathroom to flush it down the toilet. So you may be busy killing it.

I wish I could play it right now. :(

I'm sure you already have it and are playing it to death. Or you're waiting in a line somewhere or as soon as you got home, your cat grabbed the disk as you pulled it out and ran to the bathroom to flush it down the toilet. So you may be busy killing it.

I wish I could play it right now. :(

:lol:

I was REALLLLLLLY tired around 8 AM and said to hell with it and went to bed, I just got up a couple minutes ago. The bus service is ridiculous on the weekends so I'm gonna see if my dad can take me when he gets home (he probably won't be able to though but you never know)

Theres a bus that stops by my house during weekday mornings and takes me directly to Futureshop so first thing tomorrow morning I'm going to get it. I'm crossing my fingers they don't sell out but Halo 3 was on as big if not larger scale as this and they had shitloads of copies so I don't think I'm in too much danger.

:lol:

I was REALLLLLLLY tired around 8 AM and said to hell with it and went to bed, I just got up a couple minutes ago. The bus service is ridiculous on the weekends so I'm gonna see if my dad can take me when he gets home (he probably won't be able to though but you never know)

Theres a bus that stops by my house during weekday mornings and takes me directly to Futureshop so first thing tomorrow morning I'm going to get it. I'm crossing my fingers they don't sell out but Halo 3 was on as big if not larger scale as this and they had shitloads of copies so I don't think I'm in too much danger.

Nyce. There's an EB games down the road and when Halo 3 came out, the only way you could get it was if you had pre-ordered so I'm worried. Oh well.

There's a small chance my sister might get it while she's out but I doubt it. :lol:

Nyce. There's an EB games down the road and when Halo 3 came out, the only way you could get it was if you had pre-ordered so I'm worried. Oh well.

There's a small chance my sister might get it while she's out but I doubt it. :lol:

Oh geez, EB is moronic like that. For big releases, they'll only order as much as gets pre-ordered and thats it. I think they get extra money from pre-orders or something because they force that shit on you like they get commission or something. Last game I pre-ordered was Gears of War and they never bothered to call me when it came in so I stopped. When I went to the store to see if they had it, they did so I was surprised and just mentioned I didn't get a phone call. They got all snooty about that too.

Big chains like Futureshop and Wal-Mart though will have a bajillion copies. I remember when Final Fantasy XII came out, the Futureshop that I get my games at now had like, two whole sides of shelving of it. And then basically one whole side of an aisle for Halo 3. I'm imagining Brawl is going to be the same thing.

And my dad came home a little while ago but is extremely pressed for time so no go. I will be there Monday morning!

Sooooo my dad just came home again since his girlfriend wanted a nap.

I'm off to get Brawl. ^_^

Bastard. :P

I'll probably have to wait a week. If not in a week, I'm likely waiting until the end of April. :puke: