Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

i really wish there was a chat feature so i can tell people to stop looking at replays for 10 minutes

theres always a cheap way to score i guess. i haven't scored many goals but every goal scored against me has been exactly the same damn thing. either its infinite lob passes for some stupid one timer or toad jumping over my goalie every time...

i have another mii, my cousin's which i was using earlier today

I've only played against one person who always looked at the replays, and I've played probably 50 people by now. As for cheap ways to score, I haven't found any yet. The lob passes and Toad jump are easy enough to defend. Sure, you'll give up some items by taking out the guy they're passing to, but it's worth it. And when you see Toad running with the ball, get you butt in front of the net, or even on the goaline to steal it after he lands. Both are legit ways to score, I don't see them as being cheap at all. Airborne one-timers were the best way to score on the GC version too.

Cool, I was hoping you weren't judging it on one series, haha. Sounds like you've just had bad luck with people.

P.S. The Toad jump is by far my favorite way to score.

After all that complaining Fanpuck, I caved and bought it. I'm not gonna play online right away though since I never played Strikers on the Cube so I want to get used to the game first. Considering it's a Nintendo sports game though, the learning curve is probably like 10 minutes max.

Speaking of sport games, is theyre ANY hockey game scheduled for release on the Wii? I see no NHL 08 and no NHL 2k8 on the release schedules for Wii...

NHL 08 was on the Wii release schedule for a while and then it was taken off around June. I know EA has said they want to get NHL on the Wii though, I just think they're still figuring out the control scheme.

Maybe NHL 09 on the Wii?

NHL 08 was on the Wii release schedule for a while and then it was taken off around June. I know EA has said they want to get NHL on the Wii though, I just think they're still figuring out the control scheme.

Maybe NHL 09 on the Wii?

Cool, good to know they're at least trying to get it onto the Wii, I think it could be very cool. I'm guessing one of the things they want to work out is doing slapshots so people don't yank out the connector between the remote and nunchuk with big swings, haha.

After all that complaining Fanpuck, I caved and bought it. I'm not gonna play online right away though since I never played Strikers on the Cube so I want to get used to the game first. Considering it's a Nintendo sports game though, the learning curve is probably like 10 minutes max.

Sounds like a good idea, I wouldn't want to kick your butt and ruin the game for you right away, hehe. I'd definitely start playing online as early as possible, though, I learned a ton my first few games online.

Cool, good to know they're at least trying to get it onto the Wii, I think it could be very cool. I'm guessing one of the things they want to work out is doing slapshots so people don't yank out the connector between the remote and nunchuk with big swings, haha.

Sounds like a good idea, I wouldn't want to kick your butt and ruin the game for you right away, hehe. I'd definitely start playing online as early as possible, though, I learned a ton my first few games online.

i got my ass handed to me just about every single game i play. i dont think im going to be playing online very much, its boring because every single person i play against wants to watch their own crappy replays 3 times over every goal, then the highlights.

i got my ass handed to me just about every single game i play. i dont think im going to be playing online very much, its boring because every single person i play against wants to watch their own crappy replays 3 times over every goal, then the highlights.

Weird, I've only played 2 people who watched their replays, and only one of them watched the postgame highlights. And I've played upwards of 50 people. Anyways, I don't do that crap, so let's try to set up a game sometime.

I'm getting a little better but I'm still fairly mediocre. Won the Fire Cup with Bowser though.

Fanpuck, let me know if you want to set something up tomorrow, I've got the day off work. Just take it easy. :P

I'm getting a little better but I'm still fairly mediocre. Won the Fire Cup with Bowser though.

Fanpuck, let me know if you want to set something up tomorrow, I've got the day off work. Just take it easy. :P

Cool, post your Super Strikers code and I'll try to be on around 10 PM my time, after Mythbusters.

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Heeeeeee :D

Jesus...

talk about the polar opposite of fun.

Sorry about that MegaStrike at the end, I didn't think I had enough time to get it off and was just trying to waste time.

I'd given up by then, I just sat there and watched them go in.

Don't feel bad, I'd probably be top 100 if they had a ranking system based on something more than games won and goals scored. I lost 2-1 and 3-2 to the #1 ranked player last week and have gone undefeated against both top 100 guys I've played this week. One of those guys left after I beat him the first game, the other guy left with 5 seconds left in the second game when I was up by 3 goals, thus I got no credit for it.

I've certainly beat people worse, plus now we're even for you beating me the last few years in our NHL matchups. ^_^

I played Mario Party 8 at my friend's house today. Kind of boring, I remember liking Mario Party 3 on N64 a lot more.

Got bored and mapped the rest of my gaming year out...

August

PS3 - Madden 08 – August 14th

X360 - Bioshock – August 21st

Wii - Metroid Prime 3 – August 27th

X360 - Blue Dragon – August 28th

September

PS3 - Heavenly Sword – September 4th

PS3 - Lair – September 4th

X360 - NHL 08 – September 11th

X360 - Halo 3 – September 25th

October

NDS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass – October 1st

Wii - Guitar Hero 3 – October 29th

November

X360 - Mass Effect – November 1st

Wii - Super Mario Galaxy - November 12th

PS3 - Rock Band – November 20th

December

Wii - Super Smash Bros. Brawl – December 3rd

5 360 games

4 Wii games

4 PS3 games

1 NDS game

Kinda glad they delayed a few games till 2008

And I just read Pepsi is releasing a new type of Mountain Dew called "Game Fuel" to coincide with the release of Halo 3, it'll have Halo 3-ish advertising all over it. It shall be a citrus-cherry flavored drink and will first be sold starting on August 13th (what is that? Monday?)

Mountain Dew is the single greatest beverage ever created though so this is highly exciting for me. :lol:

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/809/809612p1.html

I think I agree with the taste test, the flavoring definitely sounds...odd. :lol:

Those are just the games coming out for the rest of the year.

EGM's reported LucasArts is working on a lightsabre game. Back in like, June.

I keep getting drafted by Cleveland in Superstar mode and it's starting to piss me off.