Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Played a little bit more Madden today, and it still just doesn't feel right. Most of the controls are very intuitive, but they just don't work right. The biggest problem is the motion sensing isn't that great. Trying to throw a bullet or lob is very difficult, as sometimes it just doesn't read your motion correctly. I also mentioned the problem with taunting being the same as turbo, which really sucks.

The thing that bugs me most is that so many old bugs are still in the game. MLB who move to OLB go up about 10 OA points and OLB who move to DE are still usually 90+ OA even if they're 5'11'' 220 lbs. You can still trade your 1st rounder for any team's 1st rounder during week 5.

Well double frick!

Well right now the delay is only for Japan, it's coming out January 24th there. Nothing has been announced for NA but it's expected to. The fact Mario & Sonic just got bumped up to the beginning of November leads me to think it'll happen here too.

Fingers crossed for a No though.

Well if a game's not done, it's not done. So atleast it will be better in the end.

But Nintendo needs to get on this, thats their fourth major franchise they've delayed. Twilight Princess was delayed about 4 times, Metroid Prime 3 got delayed 3 times and Super Mario Galaxy has been delayed twice. Now Brawl has a delay.

I understand you want to make your games better but that also means you're not meeting deadlines.

Well if a game's not done, it's not done. So atleast it will be better in the end.

But Nintendo needs to get on this, thats their fourth major franchise they've delayed. Twilight Princess was delayed about 4 times, Metroid Prime 3 got delayed 3 times and Super Mario Galaxy has been delayed twice. Now Brawl has a delay.

I understand you want to make your games better but that also means you're not meeting deadlines.

Yup, it's better to set a late date and finish early than the other way around.

Also, Mario Kart Wii has also been delayed, from Q1 2008 to Q2. With Brawl now not coming out till Q1, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Mario Kart to Q3 to spread the two out a bit again.

Yup, it's better to set a late date and finish early than the other way around.

Also, Mario Kart Wii has also been delayed, from Q1 2008 to Q2. With Brawl now not coming out till Q1, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Mario Kart to Q3 to spread the two out a bit again.

Oh, Kart got delayed too? I was just looking last night and it was still listed as Q1.

They could want to open up an area for their third party developers to make some noise too. No More Heroes and Disaster: Day of Crisis are both scheduled for Q1 2008 next year too.

Oh, Kart got delayed too? I was just looking last night and it was still listed as Q1.

Well, my source is only Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth. Reading the page again, it sounds like it may have just been pushed back from early Q1 to late Q1 or something like that. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up putting a few months between it and Brawl.

Well, my source is only Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth. Reading the page again, it sounds like it may have just been pushed back from early Q1 to late Q1 or something like that. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up putting a few months between it and Brawl.

No, you're right, Spring 2008 is Q2.

That must've been announced at the same press conference as the Japanese Brawl delay, they announced a bunch of stuff there. I only read the highlights so I guess a Mario Kart delay isn't important since it has no real release date yet anyway.

It better improve on Double Dash. DD sucked.

It better improve on Double Dash. DD sucked.

Haha, as usual I like a game you disliked. I loved Double Dash. Nothing beat hours of head-to-head Baby Park! Granted, it would have been more fun if the people I played with weren't amazing at the game and could perform all kinds of short cuts on the various other courses.

Haha, as usual I like a game you disliked. I loved Double Dash. Nothing beat hours of head-to-head Baby Park! Granted, it would have been more fun if the people I played with weren't amazing at the game and could perform all kinds of short cuts on the various other courses.

Haha, we don't agree on much when it comes to games do we?

Double Dash just didn't feel like a Mario Kart game, they made too many changes to it and felt a lot slower then the previous ones. They've also made a lot of changes to MK Wii so who knows how that will turn out.

The best will always be between MK 64 and MK DS since they're essentially the same game.

Double Dash just didn't feel like a Mario Kart game, they made too many changes to it and felt a lot slower then the previous ones. They've also made a lot of changes to MK Wii so who knows how that will turn out.

Well, a lot of the reason I liked DD was because I was able to play it more often so I got better at it than I ever did with 64.

Here's a huge list of upcoming games on the Wii. The list is not even complete, for some reason Capcom's titles are absent from it.

Oct. 1: MLB Power Pros from 2K Sports

Oct. 1: Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire from D3Publisher of America

Oct. 2: Crash of the Titans from Sierra Entertainment, Inc.

Oct. 5: Balls of Fury from DSI Games

Oct. 8: Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast from Nintendo

Oct. 9: FIFA 08 from Electronic Arts

Oct. 9: Bleach: Shattered Blade from SEGA

Oct. 9: LOONEY TUNES: ACME ARSENAL from WB Games

Oct. 10: Arctic Tale from DSI Games

Oct. 15: Sea Monsters from DSI Games

Oct. 16: Thrillville: Off the Rails from LucasArts

Oct. 22: EA PLAYGROUND from Electronic Arts

Oct. 23: Backyard Football from Atari, Inc.

Oct. 23: The Sims 2 Castaway from Electronic Arts

Oct. 23: Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis from Rockstar Games

Oct. 23: The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night from Sierra Entertainment, Inc.

Oct. 23: NARUTO: Clash of Ninja Revolution from TOMY Corporation

Oct. 25: M&M'S Kart Racing from DSI Games

Oct. 28: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock from Activision

Oct. 29: Battalion Wars 2 from Nintendo

Oct. 30: Ben 10: Protector of Earth from D3Publisher of America

Oct. 30: Showtime Championship Boxing from DSI Games

Oct. 30: NEED FOR SPEED PROSTREET from Electronic Arts

Oct. 30: THE SIMPSONS from Electronic Arts

Oct. 31: Manhunt 2 from Rockstar Games

October: Spider-Man: Friend or Foe from Activision

October: Bee Movie Game from Activision

October: Tony Hawk's Proving Ground from Activision

October: Ultimate Duck Hunting from Detn8 Games Ltd.

October: Mercury Meltdown Revolution from Ignition Entertainment

October: Namco Museum Remix from NAMCO BANDAI Games America

October: Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity from The Game Factory

October: Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth from THQ

October: Bratz: The Movie from THQ

October: Cars: Mater-National from THQ

October: Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots from THQ

October: SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis from THQ

Nov. 5: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn from Nintendo

Nov. 6: DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party from Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

Nov. 6: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga from LucasArts

Nov. 6: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games from SEGA

Nov. 12: Super Mario Galaxy from Nintendo

Nov. 13: Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 from Atari, Inc.

Nov. 13: Godzilla Unleashed from Atari, Inc.

Nov. 13: Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary from Eidos, Inc.

Nov. 13: BLOCKS from Electronic Arts

Nov. 13: MEDAL OF HONOR HEROES 2 from Electronic Arts

Nov. 13: LUXOR: Pharaoh's Challenge from MumboJumbo

Nov. 13: Geometry Wars: Galaxies from Sierra Entertainment, Inc.

Nov. 19: Link's Crossbow Training (packaged with Wii Zapper ) from Nintendo

Nov. 19: SMARTY PANTS from Electronic Arts

Nov. 20: Jenga World Tour from Atari, Inc.

Nov. 20: Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords from D3Publisher of America

November: Trauma Center: New Blood from Atlus USA

November: Star Trek: Conquest from Bethesda Softworks

November: Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey from Disney Interactive Studios

November: Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour from Disney Interactive Studios

November: High School Musical: Sing It from Disney Interactive Studios

November: Garfield Gets Real from DSI Games

November: Furu Furu Park from Majesco Entertainment

November: AMF Bowling: Pinbusters! from Mud Duck Games

November: Ghost Squad from SEGA

November: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 from THQ

November: Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 from Ubisoft

November: CSI: Hard Evidence from Ubisoft

November: My Word Coach from Ubisoft

November: Petz: Catz 2 (name not final) from Ubisoft

November: Petz: Dogz 2 (name not final) from Ubisoft

November: Petz: Horsez 2 (name not final) from Ubisoft

November: Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 from Ubisoft

Dec. 4: Alvin and the Chipmunks from Brash Entertainment

Dec. 4: The Golden Compass from SEGA

December: MX vs. ATV Untamed from THQ

December: Super Swing Golf Season 2 from Tecmo, Inc.

December: Rygar: The Battle of Argus from Tecmo, Inc.

December: Cranium: Kabookii from Ubisoft

December: Nitrobike from Ubisoft

Holiday 2007: NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams from SEGA

Winter '07: SoulCalibur Legends from NAMCO BANDAI Games America

Jan. 21: Endless Ocean from Nintendo

Feb. 10: Super Smash Bros. Brawl from Nintendo

Feb. 15: Yamaha Supercross from DSI Games

Feb. 19: Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity from SEGA

February: No More Heroes from Ubisoft

February: Wild Petz Tigerz from Ubisoft

March: Obscure: The Aftermath from Ignition Entertainment

Q1: LUXOR 3 from MumboJumbo

Q1: One Piece: Unlimited Adventure from NAMCO BANDAI Games America

Spring '08: Mario Kart Wii (name not final) from Nintendo

Edited by Jean

I just rented Fifa 08 and I really like it, though I don't think I'll buy till next year. The controls and gameplay are really good, especially since it's a first time game on the system. What holds it back though is the fact that they put in some little fun games instead of more hardcore stuff like Manager mode. I am glad, however, that they didn't just rush a crappy game out like NCAA the first couple years for 360. I only buy Fifa every other year as it is, so I think I'll wait to buy till next year once they have more time to spend on game modes since they already have the other work done now.

The WWE game could potentially be a cool game, I could see a wrestling game being fun on the Wii.

I just rented Fifa 08 and I really like it, though I don't think I'll buy till next year. The controls and gameplay are really good, especially since it's a first time game on the system. What holds it back though is the fact that they put in some little fun games instead of more hardcore stuff like Manager mode. I am glad, however, that they didn't just rush a crappy game out like NCAA the first couple years for 360. I only buy Fifa every other year as it is, so I think I'll wait to buy till next year once they have more time to spend on game modes since they already have the other work done now.

The WWE game could potentially be a cool game, I could see a wrestling game being fun on the Wii.

I played the FIFA demo on the 360 but wasn't impressed. Albeit, the demo doesn't offer a whole lot, it's just you and a goalie. I was kind of hoping to play the first half of a game or something. I'm due for a FIFA purchase though, the last one I got was 2005 on the Cube.

Really just waiting on Super Mario Galaxy right now.

I played the FIFA demo on the 360 but wasn't impressed. Albeit, the demo doesn't offer a whole lot, it's just you and a goalie. I was kind of hoping to play the first half of a game or something. I'm due for a FIFA purchase though, the last one I got was 2005 on the Cube.

:?- Um, the player vs. goalie is just the loading screen on the demo...

By the way, I'm more and more frustrated with the Wii Fifa. I can't figure out how to cross to someone other than the goalie, and I've yet to have a clean sheet since bumping up the difficulty. The more I play the less and less I am impressed with the AI, my players just don't go where they should. And I miss having a button that sends a player on a run, that's a huge thing to not have.

The more I played Fifa the less I liked it. I never was able to figure out how to cross to someone other than the goalie. Whenever I thought I had it, the guy would cross it so far back it was out of the box. Through passes just didn't seem effective and lofted through balls are too hard and almost never work. I was playing on semi-pro and couldn't win a freaking game. Normally I'd chalk it up to the fact that I'm not a great video game player, but Fifa is one of my strong points. A buddy of mine has been ranked in the top 100 in the world online and I can beat him in a best of 7 series, so I'm not a bad player.

Also, I noticed that the formation I picked before the game never was the formation my team used in the game, so I had to change it at the start of every game. My earlier statement about them putting out a well done first time game is taken back.

• 1 month later...

I have to revive this.

Super Mario Galaxy is quite possibly one of the best games I've ever played. It's currently in a battle at gamerankings.com with OoT for the top spot, all-time while Metroid Prime sits comfortably in third.