Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Wii Points cards will always be hard to find though since games are always coming out, I hate that. So now I get pre-paid Visa cards and just buy Wii Points with those.

Those are in abundance down here. I got mine just walking into a Meijer in the middle of the afternoon and they had dozens.

I just got Super Paper Mario, game is sweet so far. The game sure have a lot of dialogue for a Mario game. I love the classic 2D gameplay.

Dudes, buy Paper Mario NOW. That game is the sweetest thing I've played in a long,long while. Yes, it's better than Zelda.

I'm dead serious. This game got the action / puzzle , 2D/3D , story devlopement/action mix just right. It's also hilarious in many spots. I loveeeee the game.

Also while we're at it my Wii code is the 4307 8633 8512 4645

I'm dead serious. This game got the action / puzzle , 2D/3D , story devlopement/action mix just right. It's also hilarious in many spots. I loveeeee the game.

Also while we're at it my Wii code is the 4307 8633 8512 4645

First Paper Mario game?

Just curious, I hope that doesn't sound snarky. :lol:

I finished Thousand year Door on the Cube back when it came out but I didnt played the original due to a lack of N64. I'll buy it when it comes to the VC.

TYD was a great game but Super Paper Mario is in a class of it's own.

Yeah, thats been reported here and there, guess you're just one of the unlucky few. Theres one guy over at gamefaqs who went through 4 Wiis before he got one that didn't break down. Give Nintendo a call, their customer service is fantastic. They'll fix it up in no time and if they can't, I think they just send you a new one. I don't think you have to pay for the shipping costs either but I could be wrong on that one.

I'm also still preferring Paper Mario to the other two. I miss the little Nintendo character buddies you got when you went into battle. Since the RPG-ish battles are gone, theres no need for them. And those stupid Pixls don't count. Plus this game is really effing easy. Not New Super Mario Bros. easy but easy enough.

Despite all that though, I still enjoy it and would recommend it.

Yeah, thats been reported here and there, guess you're just one of the unlucky few. Theres one guy over at gamefaqs who went through 4 Wiis before he got one that didn't break down. Give Nintendo a call, their customer service is fantastic. They'll fix it up in no time and if they can't, I think they just send you a new one. I don't think you have to pay for the shipping costs either but I could be wrong on that one.

Yeah, it's all free since it's under warranty. They're sending me a packing slip now, so it'll be here in a couple days and then I can send it in. A couple more days to get there, a couple to fix, and a few to mail back.

It was really weird. My friend and I both reached for the controller plug at the same time and shocked each other on the Wii. I noticed the controller wasn't in all the way, and it died as soon as I plugged it in the rest of the way. I guess it's possible the static electricity we created somehow got stored in the controller plug and shorted the system when the metal made contact.

It's at least good to here other people have experienced the same thing and not just mine. Hopefully they are to the point where they can fix it and I don't have to get a new one. I'll have to pack a note in with it to make sure they know there's a game in it so I can get it back. And of course it had to be a Smash Bros, a game I'd be able to play on my friend's GC.

mm, sometimes my Wii have odd lagging moments when i start up a game.. it seems to happen randomly than the loading takes 20-30 seconds more than it should. The screen becomes completely black during that time but I hear noise coming from the console.. then the noise cease and a few seconds later the game loads as it should. Should I be worried by this?

mm, sometimes my Wii have odd lagging moments when i start up a game.. it seems to happen randomly than the loading takes 20-30 seconds more than it should. The screen becomes completely black during that time but I hear noise coming from the console.. then the noise cease and a few seconds later the game loads as it should. Should I be worried by this?

Mine wasn't doing anything weird before it died.

Mines done that since I got it and it's fine.

I remember a topic like this at gfaqs, seems everyones does it so it's supposed to happen I guess.

O man o man, that Paper Mario game really made me a Mario nuts again.. i'm considering to buy a DS to get the DS+GBA Mario games I missed.. should I? :lol:

O man o man, that Paper Mario game really made me a Mario nuts again.. i'm considering to buy a DS to get the DS+GBA Mario games I missed.. should I? :lol:

The DS is starting to be considered the best handheld ever made and the GBA has the best library for handheld games.

I really don't see why not. Get the Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga games. If you want New Super Mario Bros. though, get it used or for sale or something. It's not worth the full price tag.

And totally unrelated if you do get a DS. Buy the Golden Sun games. And unrelated to that...

POKEMON DIAMOND AND PEARL IN TWO DAYS! OHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm calling in sick on Sunday so I can pick them up as soon as EB calls me. :D

I made the jump.. everyone told me to so I did :lol:

dsfacturexx4.jpg

I'm already in world 5 in Mario.. the mini games rules! I love the game even tough theyre is not much I didnt saw before... it's 30% Mario bros 1, 30% Mario bros 3 , 30% Mario World and 10% other Mario.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my Wii couldn't be fixed so they sent a new one. Thus, I lost all my save data for Sports, Red Steel, and Zelda. Not to mention they didn't send back SSBM, which was in the system when it died. Now they have to take 2-7 days to verify that I wrote on the packing slip that a game was in the system. Once they do that, they say they'll send me a new copy.

New Wii number: 3932 4257 9826 8027

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice, Energizer is sending me 10 bucks because I complained about their batteries. I got some of their rechargeables, and the stupid things lose their charge in less than a week, even if I don't use them.