Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

It might go to one in Indianapolis, but I'm hoping it goes straight to the Columbus sortation center. I figure it gets to Columbus this afternoon/evening, goes out to the USPS tomorrow, and I have it on Saturday. I'm at least assuming local stuff is the first to go out.

I'm just glad it wasn't in transit last night. I saw on the news this morning a video of a cop car and the car the cop pulled over being smashed by a FedEx truck.

Haha, I saw that on the news too. Do you get refunded for stuff like that?

Let's start a betting pool on how long my Wii sits in the Grove City sortation center.

My money is on five days.

I'll go with...Monday. So four days.

Well, it left the sortation center at 10:30 this morning to be dropped off at the post office. 9 PM now and still no word that it arrived at the post office. This is the worst part, since now is the point where they can blame each other if something happens to the package.

P.S. I win, it spent 5 days at the sortation center.

Good for you. What does that have to do with anything?

Shipping info finally updated, my Wii got to the Post Office at 1 this afternoon. Ought to be here tomorrow!

New bet: how many pieces will the Wii of Fanpuck be in? I say three distinct and 17 small.

Hey jets, you heard anything about if they will have NCAA Football 08 for the Wii? I'm assuming with the success of both the system and Madden 07 on the Wii that they'll bring NCAA back to Nintendo, but I haven't been able to find anything. It will be a huge disappointment to me if I have to shift from NCAA to Madden on the Wii. I usually get both, but I pretty much just use Madden like EHM, building a team and letting the computer sim. It's interesting importing guys from NCAA to the draft and seeing them through retirement, and often onto my coaching staff.

Hey jets, you heard anything about if they will have NCAA Football 08 for the Wii? I'm assuming with the success of both the system and Madden 07 on the Wii that they'll bring NCAA back to Nintendo, but I haven't been able to find anything. It will be a huge disappointment to me if I have to shift from NCAA to Madden on the Wii. I usually get both, but I pretty much just use Madden like EHM, building a team and letting the computer sim. It's interesting importing guys from NCAA to the draft and seeing them through retirement, and often onto my coaching staff.

Nah, I haven't heard anything although I could check around. NCAA hasn't been on a Nintendo system since 2003 though but EA has also said they plan on giving the Wii it's full support, I'd assume that means NCAA Football as well.

EDIT: Checked all the major gaming sites, no mention of it at all. Thats not a definite no but it hasn't been mentioned. I'd assume there'd be one though, I'm sure EA would atleast like to see how it sells. Thats why they pulled the NCAA franchise from the Cube, poor sales. Pissed me off until I got a PS2. Theres no mention of NHL 08 on the Wii either but I can't see how they wouldn't try it out atleast once.

Nah, I haven't heard anything although I could check around. NCAA hasn't been on a Nintendo system since 2003 though but EA has also said they plan on giving the Wii it's full support, I'd assume that means NCAA Football as well.

EDIT: Checked all the major gaming sites, no mention of it at all. Thats not a definite no but it hasn't been mentioned. I'd assume there'd be one though, I'm sure EA would atleast like to see how it sells. Thats why they pulled the NCAA franchise from the Cube, poor sales. Pissed me off until I got a PS2. Theres no mention of NHL 08 on the Wii either but I can't see how they wouldn't try it out atleast once.

Actually the last GC version was 2005, so it's only been two years since EA made one for Nintendo. None of the 08 EA titles have been announced, including Madden, so I'm still hopeful. I'm gonna get Tiger 07 when it comes out to show EA that their fans will buy their games on Wii. Plus, I'm guessing it will be a lot better than the cartoony gold game the Wii has out. I haven't played Tiger since the 2002 (or maybe 2003) version, and I always liked it.

At the very worst, EA tends to release popular games on the older systems for a couple years. Like after PS2 came out, I still saw some PS1 versions of the same game coming out for a bit. So at worst, I'll hopefully get another year or two of NCAA on PS2, while the Wii grows in popularity and convinces them to Wii the game.

Actually the last GC version was 2005, so it's only been two years since EA made one for Nintendo. None of the 08 EA titles have been announced, including Madden, so I'm still hopeful. I'm gonna get Tiger 07 when it comes out to show EA that their fans will buy their games on Wii. Plus, I'm guessing it will be a lot better than the cartoony gold game the Wii has out. I haven't played Tiger since the 2002 (or maybe 2003) version, and I always liked it.

At the very worst, EA tends to release popular games on the older systems for a couple years. Like after PS2 came out, I still saw some PS1 versions of the same game coming out for a bit. So at worst, I'll hopefully get another year or two of NCAA on PS2, while the Wii grows in popularity and convinces them to Wii the game.

Actually yeah, 2004 was just the last game they sold in Canada. Although Madden 08 for the Wii has already been announced since Madden 07 was critically acclaimed for the Wii. Lots of people were impressed with how well done it was.

Actually yeah, 2004 was just the last game they sold in Canada. Although Madden 08 for the Wii has already been announced since Madden 07 was critically acclaimed for the Wii. Lots of people were impressed with how well done it was.

Really? All I could find was this, from IGN: "NOTE: This game has not been officially announced by the publisher, and it has not been confirmed which platforms Madden NFL 08 will be released on -- it may or may not be released on this specific platform. Check back for official info."

Well, I went against your advice and got Red Steel. I gotta say, it's not as bad as people said it was. The sword fighting leaves a lot to be desired, but once the control scheme becomes second nature, I think it will be pretty fun. I need to mess around with the sensitivity a bit, as that's my only real complaint so far, I just need to turn it down a little bit.

Still, I'm having so much fun with Wii Sports that I've barely touched Red Steel. I'm pro on boxing and bowling, now I'm moving onto tennis.

Well, I went against your advice and got Red Steel. I gotta say, it's not as bad as people said it was. The sword fighting leaves a lot to be desired, but once the control scheme becomes second nature, I think it will be pretty fun. I need to mess around with the sensitivity a bit, as that's my only real complaint so far, I just need to turn it down a little bit.

Still, I'm having so much fun with Wii Sports that I've barely touched Red Steel. I'm pro on boxing and bowling, now I'm moving onto tennis.

If you remember, thats the exact same thing I said when I first got it. What changed?

I owned it for over a week.

If you remember, thats the exact same thing I said when I first got it. What changed?

I owned it for over a week.

Meh, must have have the voices in my head.

P.S. I had a dream last night the you came to Columbus for a hockey game and stayed at my house. It was very odd. I also dreamt my neighbors had a movie theater in their house. The screen was on the second floor, and my neighbors house only has one floor. I also tried to go snowboarding in my dream, but locked my stuff in the wrong locker and I woke up while trying to convince them to open the locker I put it in.