Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Almost done with Zelda, 50 hours but am now in the final dungeon.. I have so much time because I dont check walktroughs and it took me lot of time to figure out some things like the whole 3rd dungeon, that was a pain in the butt

And jet, you should had checked if they were any worthwhile games on PS3 BEFORE buying it :lol:

Almost done with Zelda, 50 hours but am now in the final dungeon.. I have so much time because I dont check walktroughs and it took me lot of time to figure out some things like the whole 3rd dungeon, that was a pain in the butt

And jet, you should had checked if they were any worthwhile games on PS3 BEFORE buying it :lol:

Lair - May 7th

I was getting one anyway and my dad offered to get me it for my birthday. Who am I to turn down a PS3 free of charge?

26 hours played and I'm currently following the scent of the fish through the snow. Haven't used a single walkthrough and have spent a decent amount of time going back to caves to pick up the red and purple rupies I had to leave behind when my wallet was full. Almost full to 300 again, so I'll soon be able to make a nice deposit and get halfway to helping Malo fix the bridge.

The next month or so is going to be delicious. :D Super Paper Mario, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (with BOTH pre-ordered. athankyouverymuch), Lair and Forza 2. Every console is going to get some love, especially the DS.

Can add Virtua Tennis 3 and College Hoops 2k7 to my PS3 library and Wind Waker back to my Cube library. And I was more helpful to people in EB then the guys working there, it was a little funny.

You know, just thinking about it now, probably shouldn't consider Lair a sure thing. I'm going off gamefaqs release date but nobody is really sure and gfaqs had the screwed up Mario Party 8 release date.

Oh well, it still will be out before June and it looks f****** sweet.

'am done with Zelda

The last battle was really epic altough the ending was kind of boring. Awesome game overall tough.

'am done with Zelda

The last battle was really epic altough the ending was kind of boring. Awesome game overall tough.

Just curious for another gamers opinion, where would you rank it among all the other ones? Zelda fans seem to be split with either OoT or TP as the best ever with ALttP and MM receiving a little notice.

I havent complete the N64 games so I wont comment on them, but from those I played i'd rank TP a close 2nd just behind a link to the past

My own ranking :

1 - Link to the past - Simply my favourite game ever. I may be a bit biased by nostalgia tough because it was my first Zelda.

2 - Twilight princess - Very solid game in all aspects. It only loose point because of fishing :lol:

3 - Link's awakening - Very impressive for a GameBoy game

4 - Legend of Zelda (nes original) - Confusing but o so addicting

5- Four Swords (GC) - It lacks the replay value of the others

6 - Adventure of Link - Not a bad game in it's own right but it lacks the charm of the original

7 - Windwaker - Let's just forget that one exist

Really? Most fans really liked Wind Waker. I'd go with..

1. Ocarina of Time - I know I'm going with the mainstream here but this is the game that made me fall in love with the Zelda franchise. I'd already played TLoZ, ALttP and LA but this is the one that did me in. When I had to use the Megaton Hammer to kill Volvagia....oh man. And then the Spirit Temple against Twinrova. And the battle against Ganondorf/Ganon. Possibly THE most epic boss battle ever.

2. A Link To The Past - Another true classic, I'd only played it for an hour max on my cousin's SNES. I didn't really play through it until I bought it for the GBA. Then I realized why everyone liked it so much.

3. Link's Awakening - My very first Zelda game, I got it by pure accident. Someone broke into our house and stole my Game Boy. At the insurance place, I got to pick replacement games and the guy said his son really liked this game so I chose it. I owe that insurance dude a lot of credit for giving me my first taste of Zelda. A lot of great memories spent on Koholint Island.

4. Wind Waker - Made a lot of people nervous when the cel-shading was first announced but the game proved a lot of people wrong when it was released. One of only 6 games to receive a perfect score by Famitsu (top gaming magazine in Japan), it's gameplay was near perfect. The sailing was tedious at times but even then, it still felt calming to be out on the ocean. Plus it has my favorite ending for any Zelda game.

5. Twilight Princess - Really tried to emulate Ocarina of Time too much for my liking which keeps it down low but still a solid game and a big reason the Wii had immediate success. Midna is probably my favorite sidekick in the Zelda franchise outside of Ezlo.

6. Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons - I went with Seasons when I decided to buy one of the two but later downloaded Ages so I could say I've played both. I still prefer Seasons over Ages but both games are great and the connectivity between the two puts it up a couple notches.

7. The Minish Cap - Ezlo. Kicks. Ass. He had some pretty good lines in this game and the script in general reminded me somewhat of the Superstar series. A few departures from the orginal Zelda storylines but still one of my favorite games. I spent more time playing The Minish Cap then going to my Social class.

8. Majora's Mask - This game is actually much better then 8th but I really, really, really didn't like 3 day time constraint on everything. The mask idea was a little hit or miss as well. Being a Deku sucked but I don't think I've enjoyed myself as much as when I was a Zora. One reason why I loved the Water Temple in this game so much.

9. The Legend of Zelda - I know I shouldn't be a graphics whore (and I'm not, really. Otherwise I'd still think the PSP is a good system) but the corniness of the 8-bit glory keeps me from enjoying this. If I was 20 back in in 1988 then it would probably be a lot of higher but I've seen so many better efforts from Miyamoto since then and really from Aonuma who started with OoT that I just can't rate this higher.

10. Four Swords Adventure - This was really freakin' short and never really felt like a Zelda game to me. Implementing the multiplayer into the Zelda franchise was a good idea but this just really didn't work for me. Didn't like it on the GBA either.

11. The Adventure of Link - Side-scrolling Zelda? No thanks. This game was mediocre on it's own, compared to the rest of the franchise? Garbage. The only thing this gives Zelda is names for great characters in OoT (most of the characters in OoT were named after towns from AoL). I really did not like this game at all though.

Crap. I got the statue all the way back to the first room thinking that was taking the place of the boss key, only to find out I have to go search it out. I have a feeling it's in the invisible box I couldn't figure out how to make appear.

i used to have an amiga 500... :blink:

(on a serious note...anybody remember those babies? they were WAY ahead of the game in their time... outstanding graphics)

GO :hlogo: GO!

After tooling around with a couple of FPS games on the X-Box this weekend after arriving back home to my sister's shower, I've come to the conclusion that consoles and me are not a good mix. Driving games are fine enough, but the controls for FPS' are crap. I'll take the computer and the extraordinary graphics, much larger save space, and infinitely easier controls - plus the ability to do just about anything else - anytime.

After tooling around with a couple of FPS games on the X-Box this weekend after arriving back home to my sister's shower, I've come to the conclusion that consoles and me are not a good mix. Driving games are fine enough, but the controls for FPS' are crap. I'll take the computer and the extraordinary graphics, much larger save space, and infinitely easier controls - plus the ability to do just about anything else - anytime.

:clap:

I play mostly RPGs and RTSs, so I have to concur that it's much better on a PC.

:blink:

I think you guys just stink at games.

And actually Colin, the consoles have more save space now, with the exception of the Wii. And the PS3 has the power to exceed PC graphics while the 360 is on par.

:blink:

I think you guys just stink at games.

And actually Colin, the consoles have more save space now, with the exception of the Wii. And the PS3 has the power to exceed PC graphics while the 360 is on par.

Nah, I think we just got used to playing these games on the PC, that's all. Having said that, if I could challenge you PC to console - your choice of console - I have a feeling I'd eat you alive. And this having not played any FPS in over a year except the 35 minutes this weekend.

As to the power and graphics being better than a PC, let me ask you this: to which PC are you comparing? Middle of the road? Sure, then I'll take a console. But top of the line is better than any console. And give it three months, half the console's systems will be obsolete. An exaggeration, but you get the point. By the time they go for the next generation of consoles, PC's will be so far advanced, it'll be a farce.

As it always is.

Then the consoles will come out with fantastic new systems, be advanced on the PC for six months, and then fall way behind again.

Nah, I think we just got used to playing these games on the PC, that's all. Having said that, if I could challenge you PC to console - your choice of console - I have a feeling I'd eat you alive.

You're REALLY going out on a limb there. I'm almost offended.

Trust me, I've won a couple tourneys but I'm always up for a challenge.

And unless we're talking Alienware here, console gaming will always have the upper hand on PCs but I've been there before here and it just went in one ear and out the other so I won't bother.

they still make PC games?

hmm only thing the PC has left is Second Life

Well they just released S.T.A.L.K.E.R which looks pretty cool, no doubt it will make it's way to PS3 and/or 360 if it sells well though. And theres Spore which everyone is excited about, except the developers were worried it wouldn't sell well on just PC so now they're trying to put it on every console they can. It should be on everything except the Wii if all goes as planned.

I remember reading this article on CNET though after E3 2005

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6233821-1.html

Now I think the death of PC gaming is a little overdramatic but he does make quite a few good points. PC gaming will always play second fiddle to console gaming though, thats not even up for debate.

Do I need to learn the last sword skill in order to get by the veil of darkness to get into the temple where Zant is? I've tried the charged up jump attack and it doesn't move the fog enough to allow me to jump across. If so, it's time to use a walkthrough, because I'm not searching the entire stinking world for the statue.

Do I need to learn the last sword skill in order to get by the veil of darkness to get into the temple where Zant is? I've tried the charged up jump attack and it doesn't move the fog enough to allow me to jump across. If so, it's time to use a walkthrough, because I'm not searching the entire stinking world for the statue.

You don't need any of them, really. I think I only learned one.

I should really go back in and get the rest.

EDIT: Go into the palaces to the East and West, if you're where I think you are (the purple waterfall thing?). You need to get the Master Sword powered with golden light and then have to do a spin attack.

EDIT: Go into the palaces to the East and West, if you're where I think you are (the purple waterfall thing?). You need to get the Master Sword powered with golden light and then have to do a spin attack.

Haha, I'm an idiot. I kept trying the powered jump attack, assuming since I had to learn it that it must be more powerful than the good old spin attack.

You don't need any of them, really. I think I only learned one.

They're good stuff. Very helpful in beating guys with strong armor in the front and the giant, shelled, wolverine guys. And the quick draw strike is dangerous to yourself, but is kinda badass. It reminded me of the Hiten-Mitsurugi style of Rurouni Kenshin.

I keep forgetting to ask this, but is the Magic Armor as worthless as it seems?

Anyways, just finished the game. Took me 50 hours. I gotta say, I was kinda disappointed by how easy Ganandorf was to beat. In the final battle, I don't think he even hurt me. I had more trouble with him in his beast form, mainly because it took me forever to notice the comment when he got close was the same as when a goat charges, so I finally got the hint.

Damn, the demand for the Wii still hasnt slowed down.. I was at the Toys R Us for 2 minutes to buy a Wii point cards and 2 people showed up asking if they had any Wii during that little period of time. I was also in the EBGames a bit before that for less than 10 minutes (they didnt had any Wii points cardl eft sadly) and 4-5 people asked if they had any Wii during that period

The cashier at the Toys r Us told me they're is still lineups before the opening for Wii shipment :blink:

Hah, just a fad my ass.

Wii Points cards will always be hard to find though since games are always coming out, I hate that. So now I get pre-paid Visa cards and just buy Wii Points with those.