All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. this post was funny, reminds me how I felt in the last few years 2017: Poehling #25 2018: KK #3 2019: Caufield #15 2020: Guhle #16 2021: Mailloux #31 -> MB fired 2022: Slafkovsky #1 2023: Reinbacher #5
  3. I think credible RD depth is more valuable to the Habs at this point than one more fourth-rounder.
  4. Habs Prospects All games are at Eastern time May 7 games United States at Slovakia 12:00 pm - Exhibition game (Bratislava, Slovakia) Cole Caufield (#22) - Juraj Slafkovský - Canada at Hungary 1:00 pm - Exhibition game (Budapest, Hungary) Kaiden Guhle (#21) -
  5. Assume one of Mailloux, Struble, Harris, Kovacevic, Barron is gone this summer. What value would Mailloux & Jets pick be to the Jets? Would it be Cole Perfetti value?
  6. Habs were FIVE points away (Dach injury?) from finishing 10th (pre-lottery) and not likely (per projections/expectations) having a sniff of the top defencemen ... my point being that unless you feel you are a guaranteed bottom 5 team for the next season you can't plan a current draft based on what players are available next year.
  7. I think most feel that way about Dundon/Waddell as they tried to rub it in on the Habs at the time, good on them. Offer sheets rarely work out and I think Hughes knows this so I don't expect a repeat. Was KK immature when he was with the Habs? Yes Did the Habs make a big mistake keeping him here as an 18 year old? Yes Can you blame KK for jumping at the money? No Time to move on. He isn't coming back here.
  8. I imagine the Hab scouts keep tabs on young top prospects in prep academies, rookies in CHL, U-16, etc and lots of youth tournaments. Last year it was noted, will be more high quality d-men in the 2024 draft and am sure Mgmt knew this. But; picking by position might not be best way to go with high school kids, to then be hedging bets on next year's draft 16 yr olds.
  9. Strange how the perceived impact of a layoff (rested/rusty) or a long, tough series (tired/pumped) is always dependent on the result of the game ... I-M-O it is what the teams make of it.
  10. My takeaway from this picture is you get a good idea of how big a frame Slafkovsky has. He is going to be a beast when he completely fills out (ie. age 23-24).
  11. Guess it depends on the definition of value ... he might be included in a trade package but he would not be a significant piece or really have any impact on the value of the return the Habs obtain ... "added depth" is usually a 4/5th round pick ... technically that is some value but not something anyone ever proposes a trade to obtain, unless it is a "get rid of <insert name>" proposal.
  12. So ........... Slafkovsky to Anaheim? 😉 😜 Google Translate: Juraj Slafkovsky and Trevor Zegras. Future teammates?
  13. how about the second lottery draft? What are the stats on that?
  14. 3 in 29 times it has happened; Canadiens hope luck in on their side at Tuesday's NHL Draft Lottery | Montreal Gazette "The NHL introduced the draft lottery in 1995. In the first 29 years of the lottery, the team with the best odds has won the No. 1 pick 11 times. ... Three times, the team with the fifth-best odds of winning the draft lottery (the Canadiens’ position this season) have won the No. 1 pick. Those three teams were the New York Islanders, who selected goalie Rick DiPietro in 2000; the Blackhawks, who picked Patrick Kane in 2007; and the New Jersey Devils, who drafted Nico Hischier in 2017."
  15. Yeah but he still has value is my point. On a strong playoff team he’s added depth. On a rebuilding team he’s a fill in until your younger guys are ready. So to say he has no value is ridiculous.
  16. other opinions; https://www.habsworld.net/2024/05/habsworld-predicts-2024-playoffs-round-2-part-1/ HabsWorld Predicts: 2024 Playoffs – Round 2, Part 2 – HabsWorld.net
  17. If a player doesn't have good trade value on his own, he's not going to have more value being included in a trade package. He's close to throw-in value in a package deal, more of a third piece type of inclusion.
  18. Swayman seems incredibly good at covering the bottom half of the net, it was the same against the leafs. Not sure I would say Florida dominated. They had significant problems in the neutral zone and turned the puck over a few times there.
  19. Or Florida dominated the game but Swayman stood on his head.
  20. Exactly... hes an immature punk for taking life changing money? Makes no sense. Anyone would have taken the contract. I think the immature punk is the person who doesnt understand why a player would make such a decision. I just like seeing it blow up in Dundon/Waddell's face though. I think they deserve the ridicule that their revenge offer sheet failed so badly.
  21. Odds are Habs pick 5 to 7, unless Lottery win, and pick 1 or 2. For now , assuming 5 to 7. A draft rich in D. One point not brought up. I hope the draft team looks forward a year or 2 or longer to look at depth of available players and POSITIONS. 2023 was weighted more on forwards in the top tier of prospects. 2024 appears to be D top heavy. I hope Hughes and Company took that into account. Example: instead of Reinbacher in 2023. Pick one of the Forwards like Ryan Leonard. ( Yes I am know, Michkov ...) Etc .. ( would Reinbacher even be top 10 in 2024? ) In 2024, pick one of the Defense prospects. Of course this all changes if lottery win, lands them Celebrini. But hoping , this variable is taken into account, given at times the unpredictable nature of how prospects turn out But brings another factor to mitigate and selecting taking into account immediate future years. As in this case 2023/2024 as a whole. Surely they would have scouting reports on the 16/17 yr olds with the 17/18 year olds. 1 year out
  22. That can happen, you can lose momentum after a layoff but the rest should start to pay off later in the series. I still want the Bruins to win against Florida (and then lose the next series) to improve the Winnipeg pick.
  23. It wouldn't surprise me either, he is a hometown boy, seems to be thriving in Montreal, should have another 4 or 5 good years left, maybe more.
  24. Curious how Florida responds. Surely they were too rested and relaxed while the Bruins were still game 7 pumped.
  25. Now of course I want Dubois to crap out into a 20 point, 7 year contract albatross 🤷‍♂️
  1. Load more activity