2015 Playoff Predictions?

ICEWATER77

just watching the Ana-Chi game. both of these teams are substantially better than the Habs, We absolutely need to get better up the middle if we are going to compete.

vermette just as bad

ya true..what did they pay for him?

kessler is one of the worst....Perry is pretty bad too

I hate both those guys. I actually prefer olympics to playoffs. So sick of watching the team that cheats better win. The difference from regular season and playoff is so big now. Anything goes in playoffs and the nice plays disappear. It's all about plugging and bouncing in shit goals.

Guest Stogey24

I hate both those guys. I actually prefer olympics to playoffs. So sick of watching the team that cheats better win. The difference from regular season and playoff is so big now. Anything goes in playoffs and the nice plays disappear. It's all about plugging and bouncing in shit goals.

Wow, I'm going to pretend like I didn't read that

LMAO

just watching the Ana-Chi game. both of these teams are substantially better than the Habs, We absolutely need to get better up the middle if we are going to compete.

ya true..what did they pay for him?

Second rounder i think. But he came through huge last night.

Lol. I'm exaggerating of course. But still, in 2005, when the rules changed, the disparity in reffing between regular season and playoffs grew massively. The refs put away the whistles because they don't want to influence the game. If the game was called the same in playoffs as it is in regular season, I think you would see a lot less 2-1 games. As I get older I just question the legitimacy of a sport that changes the rules from game to game. I can't imagine a superbowl game where the refs ignore pass interference because they don't want to influence the game.

Lol. I'm exaggerating of course. But still, in 2005, when the rules changed, the disparity in reffing between regular season and playoffs grew massively. The refs put away the whistles because they don't want to influence the game. If the game was called the same in playoffs as it is in regular season, I think you would see a lot less 2-1 games. As I get older I just question the legitimacy of a sport that changes the rules from game to game. I can't imagine a superbowl game where the refs ignore pass interference because they don't want to influence the game.

refs been putting whistles away in the play offs since Bobby Orr was a rookie.

refs been putting whistles away in the play offs since Bobby Orr was a rookie.

True, but there wasn't overly coached defensive trap hockey than. The combo of the referring and the defensive coaching has really killed offence.

Plus the game was designed around no two line pass, and regular season had a ton more clutch and grab and hook so players knew in the regular season and in the playoffs, what the could get away with. Now obstruction clutch and grab are penalized all year and thrown out in playoffs. It's always been tighter and tougher to play in playoffs and there has always been more holding and dirty play, but now the difference between regular season and playoffs is much greater.

Plus the game was designed around no two line pass, and regular season had a ton more clutch and grab and hook so players knew in the regular season and in the playoffs, what the could get away with. Now obstruction clutch and grab are penalized all year and thrown out in playoffs. It's always been tighter and tougher to play in playoffs and there has always been more holding and dirty play, but now the difference between regular season and playoffs is much greater.

The gap is even wider. Agree

But i am enjoying the play off hockey a lot more than I did the reg season snore fest we all just endured.

"Putting away the whistle" is influencing the game. The NHL instructs referees to game manage. It was admitted by Tim Peel.

Of course, that is not news.

It is just entertainment industry and circus owners set the rules as they wish.

But as with phasing out Goons in NHL, the bush-league officiating may evolve sometime or we can hope.

If betting on NHL in USA ever gets big enough to matter, you would see a change then.

"Putting away the whistle" is influencing the game. The NHL instructs referees to game manage. It was admitted by Tim Peel.

as long as the whistle is put away for both teams............ its all good.

I don't agree with that. They aren't even consistent about when and what they put the whistle away for.

Putting away the whistle also tends to favour the Bruins type team more as well.

as long as the whistle is put away for both teams............ its all good.

Why did Bruins have fewest PPs of any team then?

Owners are constantly adjusting the bar for penalties, which makes it very hard for refs to please everyone.

Why did Bruins have fewest PPs of any team then?

Owners are constantly adjusting the bar for penalties, which makes it very hard for refs to please everyone.

Refs cant please everyone. Never. Thankless job......but a fun one i bet.

Both conference finals absolutely awesome. Game 7's back to back on Friday and Saturday nights. Does not get any better than that. (Unless the Habs were involved of course)

Saturday night is for the Cup.

Idk 30, I think any of the final 4 teams can win it this year. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and it just may come down to which team is healthiest. I'll pick the Rangers over the Hawks in 7 gms

Tampa won't be at either western team. I would given rags a chance. Cup goes west again

For sure. West is best again.

Started to watch in a kind of minor amazement how little both Nash and St Louis did last night. Nash was invisible for entire game. St Louis just gave the puck to tbay all night long.

Dis like both teams, glad to see the rags shut out and totally shot down in their own barn. ha!

Expecting a far more entertaining game tonight.

Cup on the line.