Nedved back in edmonton

MAK

got picked up on waivers.

What is edmonton thinking ?? I just don't get it !! the guy publicly said he never liked playing in canada, he's way over paid at 2.8 M and most of all: HE SUCKS !!

it's probably one of the worse move this year.

What is edmonton thinking ?? I just don't get it !! the guy publicly said he never liked playing in canada, he's way over paid at 2.8 M and most of all: HE SUCKS !!

Since he was on re-entry waivers and the season is half way done, the Oilers will be on the hook for about 600k of Nedved's contract. It's a low risk move and it might just pay off. Only time will tell.

Really? Is that already confirmed? My brother told me this morning he was heading direction Ottawa, but it was not confirmed yet, couldn't be claimed before noon..

Word is Ottawa was going to take him but Edmonton beat them to it. His cost is only 558K. Pretty cheap; even if he is playing awful. Most call-ups would cost a team at least 400k for the remainder of the season. Assuming they are still on their first contract.

he's one of the most disappointing player in his draft year, in my opinion...

drafted 2nd overall in 1990 along with Owen Nolan, Keith Primeau, Mike Ricci & Jaromir Jagr in the top 5...

there were other disappointing players from that draft, i know but i find he's pretty well one of the most disappointing.

heck, even turner stevenson turned out better

the most disappointing for me is # 20, Martin Brodeur... he got drafted by the wrong team.... yuck....

GO :hlogo: GO!

Wasn't he the shits when Edmonton traded for him before the lockout? For some reason, I remember him playing awful in New York and then when he got to Edmonton, it lit a fire under his ass. Maybe their style suits him? I don't see a lot of risk for Edmonton here, they're not in dire need of help or anything. If it pays off, hey, the Oilers are that much dangerous and if it doesn't, oh well, they've still got a great team and it didn't cost them much at all.

i still find it sad that such a talented player ends up being a suitcase player... going all over the map... (not as badly as others but they weren't highly talneted and highly touted like he was... :(:(:(:(

GO :hlogo: GO!

Nevertheless, center's are a rare commodity; I like this move by edmonton; they end up with a good player, with a small pay cheque, good trade material for a team looking for a center; and someone with the chemistry to jump right into their system and play every night.

I think the most happy person has to be Nedved he got a new lease on life getting traded to a team competing for the division title and a playoff spot. I expect him to get a chance in a scoring role and it will be up to him if he can compete.

Just a little note, the following teams made a claim for Nedved : Ottawa, Toronto and Edmonton.

Needless to say, Edmonton won the claim since they were lower in the standings.

A good thing for Muckler!... geeshh get a hold Muckler ... I think he's losing it! Hey Muckler My grandma plays centre too JFYI

well I think he needs to get as far a way as possible from his ex wife the super model.

She's free???? Where's my phone!!!!

Just a little note, the following teams made a claim for Nedved : Ottawa, Toronto and Edmonton.

Needless to say, Edmonton won the claim since they were lower in the standings.

I heard that Toronto put in a claim for him. I wonder how much of that was wanting Nedved and how much of it was wanting Ottawa to not get him. And you can bet that the rumours of Ottawa claiming him that were reported by everybody didn't help matters, or probably make Muckler very happy either. When was the last time there was a rumour about a waiver claim?