Deadline Deals 2007

jetsniper

Ditto. Thing is, they had to trade Vasicek to get Belanger in the first place which I find is a less good deal (considering they had to trade Scott Walker to get Vasicek hehe). But still... Vishnevski is a good player.

how can bélanger be a steal? i don't understand that...

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can bélanger be a steal? i don't understand that...

Nashville traded Bélanger and got Vitaly Vishnevski in return. We're calling Vishnevski the better player.

Nashville traded Bélanger and got Vitaly Vishnevski in return. We're calling Vishnevski the better player.

ok... i missed that part of the trades... thanks...

Apparently the flames just traded with Boston

To Boston:

Andrew Ferance

Chuck Kobasew

To Calgary:

Brad Stuart

Wayne Primeau

A pick

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=28885...mp;service=page

If the flames cant sign Brad Stuart this is a horrible overpayment imo. Ferance is a severely underrated defensemen.

Apparently the flames just traded with Boston

To Boston:

Andrew Ferance

Chuck Kobasew

To Calgary:

Brad Stuart

Wayne Primeau

A pick

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=28885...mp;service=page

If the flames cant sign Brad Stuart this is a horrible overpayment imo. Ferance is a severely underrated defensemen.

Yea. However you guys need to win now and I'm not surprised seeing Sutter making these moves. It shall be interesting to see how Nonis counters this and Conroy, if he even does that is. ^_^

fair deal for both teams. calgary gets talent while boston gets future.

I still don't believe in the flames..for now. however it would be nice to see them in the finals, they have great fans cough women cough.

They deserve it more than New Jersey fans deserve anything. A yearly playoff team who has averaged less then 80% attendance the last 5 seasons. Talk about pathetic fans.

Totally agreed bro, there was an article about it in today's Montreal Gazette (Stu Cowan's "Sound Off") even though it may be hard to believe TV ratings for the Rochester Knighhawks lacrosse game against the New York Titans cashed in higher than the New Jersey game that night.

Good deal for both sides, since the conditional pick is a 1st and Boston'll be finishing low.

That 1st is just speculation and was what Eklund was reporting. :rolleyes: I doubt it's a conditional 1st going to Calgary if Stuart doesn't resign because if it is true, Boston lost this trade hands down.

That 1st is just speculation and was what Eklund was reporting. :rolleyes: I doubt it's a conditional 1st going to Calgary if Stuart doesn't resign because if it is true, Boston lost this trade hands down.

I dunno even if it is a 1st (which it is rumoured to be) the players going back the other way can both bite the flames in the ass. Chuck Kobasew was asked to play a different role this year but has future 30 goal scorer writen all over him. Andrew Ferance was the hardest working flame all season long.. he played the body quite well for a small defensemen and plays well up to 20 minutes a game before he starts playing poorly. Id say ferance is a suitable downgrade for stuart while picking up a future 30 goal scorer. Wayne Primeau sucks whatever team hes on.

Stuart > Ferance

Primeau < Kobasew

{{{Insurance Pick}}}

Totally agreed bro, there was an article about it in today's Montreal Gazette (Stu Cowan's "Sound Off") even though it may be hard to believe TV ratings for the Rochester Knighhawks lacrosse game against the New York Titans cashed in higher than the New Jersey game that night.

Yep, I read that. Only 736 households watched the game which is incredible. Usually, you see thousands or even hundreds of thousands, depending on where you are.

Question is - if the pick IS a 1st, would there be a chance that Calgary chooses not to resign him without even negotiating, just to get the high pick? Did Sutter do this trade just to get a rental + star prospect? I don't think so, I'm just stirring shit up.

I dunno even if it is a 1st (which it is rumoured to be) the players going back the other way can both bite the flames in the ass. Chuck Kobasew was asked to play a different role this year but has future 30 goal scorer writen all over him. Andrew Ferance was the hardest working flame all season long.. he played the body quite well for a small defensemen and plays well up to 20 minutes a game before he starts playing poorly. Id say ferance is a suitable downgrade for stuart while picking up a future 30 goal scorer. Wayne Primeau sucks whatever team hes on.

Stuart > Ferance

Primeau < Kobasew

{{{Insurance Pick}}}

I know what you guys lost. :P I'm just saying it's what that pick is because it's usually the team going for the rental paying up the conditional pick. My bet is a 2nd and not a 1st. That would look a lot better IMO. ;)

Ference is like Francis Bouillon

Stuart is a stud. he's got all the tools of an all star dman.

Ferance(+7) is way better than Bouillon(-2)..

Stuart may have the potential, but he hasnt had a + season since 03-04

Boston's Defense

1. Chara

2. Mara

3. Ferance

4. Alberts

5. York

6. Lashoff/Demsey/Allen

no deadline deals please... let's keep on grooming our prospects and eventually lose our underachievers so as to build a team of reconning...

a 2009 stanley cup would be ideal but let's not lose our sights on the big picture...

by the way, when the canadiens won the 1993 stanley cup, they won the 100th stanley cup... NO ONE can take that away from them... that is a milestone of league-wide consequence.

Ferance(+7) is way better than Bouillon(-2)..

the +/- doesn't justify everything. Both are hardhitting, hardworking, underrated 3rd pairing defenceman who hit guys much (and in Bouillon's case MUCH) bigger than them. Bouillon's also a better skater and on a team with a -4 goal differencial right now.

no deadline deals please... let's keep on grooming our prospects and eventually lose our underachievers so as to build a team of reconning...

There is a balance, for sure. But you've also got to remember that all of our prospects aren't going to make it. Face it, many Habs fans severely over-rate the team's prospects. We've supposedly been one of the top 5 teams in terms of good prospects, yet we haven't developed a single stud. Higgins, Plekanec, and Komi are all good players, but they're not gonna be stars.

There is a balance, for sure. But you've also got to remember that all of our prospects aren't going to make it. Face it, many Habs fans severely over-rate the team's prospects. We've supposedly been one of the top 5 teams in terms of good prospects, yet we haven't developed a single stud. Higgins, Plekanec, and Komi are all good players, but they're not gonna be stars.

so you expect that we'll be able to trade for that star that we need? somehow i don't think so... who's going to give away a super impact player for lower grade players? (except maybe boston & mike milbury - who's gone now...)?

so you expect that we'll be able to trade for that star that we need? somehow i don't think so... who's going to give away a super impact player for lower grade players? (except maybe boston & mike milbury - who's gone now...)?

:?- Where did I say anything about trading lower grade players for stars?

the +/- doesn't justify everything. Both are hardhitting, hardworking, underrated 3rd pairing defenceman who hit guys much (and in Bouillon's case MUCH) bigger than them. Bouillon's also a better skater and on a team with a -4 goal differencial right now.

+/- or not, kerp is still right. I'd kill to have Ference on my team. Not only is he one of the most underrated d-men in Calgary (well, Boston now) he's one of the most underrated d-men in the league. Ference could easily be a 2nd pairing d-man, he ate up a lot of minutes in the Finals 3 years ago and was very good for every minute he played. Andrew Ference is easily one of my favorite players in the NHL, even his training method is severely awesome.

:?- Where did I say anything about trading lower grade players for stars?

i simply used this as an example... we traded balej for kovalev... a bit of disparity in quality of player there... what i'm saying is that i can't see today's gms easily making a trade with us to their own disadvantage (though it has happened at times...)

Well, at the time Balej had a very good year in the AHL and was projected to be a superb scorer.

Obviously his development derailed somewhere along the way, probably due to that injury he suffered with Manitoba

Fanpuck's right in that none of Montreal's former first round picks have really shown star potential.

The great hope was Andrei Kostitsyn but he seems to really have dropped off and seems more like a second liner than a star. Alexander Perezhogin is now 24 and still hasn't cracked the everyday lineup, I do hope this goes better than the Hossa/Hainsey route.

Chris Higgins is young, but he's played this year like a streaky scorer with a good two way game.

The defensive cupboard is pretty bare. Mike Komisarek is rounding into a good defender, but not a star. We've got some hope in the long away future with Fischer and Carle. Yemelin will need seasoning in the AHL to adjust to the NHL game before we can really tell if he's the real deal.

However, I'd still wager that Latendresse and Price will become real stars. I was really pleased to finally see a young kid get a chance with the Canadiens and make the team like Latendresse did...he's the real deal.