Good article on Mark Streit

habscout

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?3839

Of course, the actual article came from the Canadian Press, which is why it doesn't have the usual anti-Montreal bias that TSN gives the Habs.

Streit has been a nice surprise. I thought he would struggle to find playing time as being 8th on the depth chart for d-men. He has found a niche playing on the 4th line as well as some PP time and PK time. As mentioned in previous posts, i would love to see Mark as part of our 6-man defensive unit on a regular basis.

Yeah in the offseason it would be nice if they could keep Souray and Markov, and let Streit get Rivet's place. A youngster can take Streit's place on the 4th!

If it was all on me a youngsters would take Streit's place tomorrow and Rivet or Dandenault or Niinimaa or Bouillon (bouillon will come back strong next season i think) would be traded.

Actually Streit is very good but this is Kots place and the club would be better with Kots and Streit back to defense.

The swiss army knife is quite the bargin and I am very happy the Habs have him over Hainsey. ;)

Boy I remeber a lot of criticism when we let Hainsey go on waivers to keep Streit instead. I wasn't sure about it myself, but in Bob we trust. And boy has Streit ever demonstrated why that trust is deserved. Both seeing his talent and using it in the way they have has been nothing short of brilliant. A 4th line center/PP defenseman? Now that's thinking outside the box. Kudos to Bob for keeping him, Guy for finding a way to get him valuable minutes, and especially to Streit for doing whatever they've asked.

Bet we see him in another shootout someday.

Boy I remeber a lot of criticism when we let Hainsey go on waivers to keep Streit instead. I wasn't sure about it myself, but in Bob we trust. And boy has Streit ever demonstrated why that trust is deserved. Both seeing his talent and using it in the way they have has been nothing short of brilliant. A 4th line center/PP defenseman? Now that's thinking outside the box. Kudos to Bob for keeping him, Guy for finding a way to get him valuable minutes, and especially to Streit for doing whatever they've asked.

Bet we see him in another shootout someday.

Streit is redefining the role of the 7th defenseman AND the 4th line winger!