Gainey press conference

hab29RETIRED

im sure team990 will have audio available live.

damn, can't get team990 on my computer at the office. Can get CJAD, but not 990 :angry:

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I hope he is playing a good poker hand, because i have no confidence in the current roster even to make the playoffs. They will have to win to get in. I don't see that happening. Other teams have games in hand.

I hope he is playing a good poker hand, because i have no confidence in the current roster even to make the playoffs. They will have to win to get in. I don't see that happening. Other teams have games in hand.

that is very true. maybe gainey just said this to the press to calm his team down. Kovalev spoke to the media earlier and said that one of the factors contributing to the losing streak was that they were playing hesitant and scared because they were thinking about trades etc.

gainey might've said this to try to relax his team, to tell them that no deal is imminent so they can just get back to their usual game.

Well...The thought of a trade to help this team is exciting. In the real world it doesn't fair well to react under pressure. Gainey in the end will do what he feels right. His answers to the media are perfect. Very level headed and PC. He gives nothing up untill it's a done deal which is the way it should be. He's got his feelers out there but no-one is biting. He'll win in the end. Unfortunatly it will be on his terms and not ours, which actually is probably a good thing.

It's so funny how Nashville is a big reflection on what we could have looked like if Montreal was a destination players wanted to be. Kariya, Voukon, Arnott, J.P, Forsberg all players we went after at some point in the last few years.

I'm sure Gainey will eventually change that......I hope......It just really sucks that players don't want to be here......I can't help feel that's how players on the team feel to a degree too. Especially when things aren't going good.

Gee, this is surprising. I expected Bob would come out and lay all the cards on the table - reveal exactly who will be traded and when. That would be so like him.

:rolleyes:

I hope your right, cause what Gainey has shown in the past is exactly what he said today 'Let's stick with the players we have'. If he thinks he can sign Souray Markov and Rivet for next year then I have no problems. If we lose all three in the summer, and we get some third rate free agent to replace them then Gainey should be fired.

Edited by Strummerman

Translation of press conference:

Alright, fans, I'm trying my damndest to make some trades here, but I gotta cover my ass in case something doesn't get done. I also want our guys concentrating on playing hockey rather than listening to rumors about themselves.

wow, talk about a useless press conference.

Get the fans talking, have the media get ready, everyone is nervous, the players are listening and....

"i'm not sure what;s gonna happen yet"

gainey would destroy at poker

Well...The thought of a trade to help this team is exciting. In the real world it doesn't fair well to react under pressure. Gainey in the end will do what he feels right. His answers to the media are perfect. Very level headed and PC. He gives nothing up untill it's a done deal which is the way it should be. He's got his feelers out there but no-one is biting. He'll win in the end. Unfortunatly it will be on his terms and not ours, which actually is probably a good thing.

It's so funny how Nashville is a big reflection on what we could have looked like if Montreal was a destination players wanted to be. Kariya, Voukon, Arnott, J.P, Forsberg all players we went after at some point in the last few years.

I'm sure Gainey will eventually change that......I hope......It just really sucks that players don't want to be here......I can't help feel that's how players on the team feel to a degree too. Especially when things aren't going good.

Hmm..well Vokoun we used to have but lost in the waiver draft. JP Dumont DID want ot play with us but we turned him down, not the other way around. Forsberg was brought in by trade I believe Forsberg even said Montreal was one of the places he'd waive his NTC to come to? Kariya and Arnott were just too expensivefor us.

I don't think this PC rules out the chances of a Souray trade at all. He's just trying to lower our expetations so that if something doesn't happen we'll be ready for it and if something does happen it'll seem like a huge bonus.