Good article on prospect Ryan White

habscout

For a guy who's draft stock fell last summer, allowing the Habs to take him in the 3rd round. he's doing very well this season. He's been one of the top scorers in the WHL this season as an 18 year old, challenging for the overall lead at times. I also enjoyed reading how the Canadiens have been communicating with White from time to time. This guy could have a very bright future with the Habs in a few years.

http://whl.ca/en/members/action/viewArticle/id/6383

Maybe with all the talk of Ryan Smyth here lately, that is another decent comparison for White. Smyth had 86 points in 50 games the year after he was drafted, in the WHL, but the team he played on was a little more prolific offensively than the Hitmen of today.

Does White have the same goal scorer instict? Ryder has a gift to score from the slot

Ryder's "gift" is based on the fact that he shoots from anywhere and everywhere. He really doesn't have a great scoring percentage, he just takes so many shots that some of them have to go in. But he does have a good shot, which apparently White has as well. I could see White scoring more garbage type goals a al Ryan Smyth. He is very strong for his size and fearless about going into the danger areas.

I don't see white playing on scoring lines. however, I beleive he'll be a terrific checker and will bring grit and energy to his team.

I really love what the hockey said about him in their prospect issue: he's the kind of guy you need to win championships.

Ryan White is amazing. I've seen him play so many times and he's got heart and soul player written all over him. He loves to compete and loves scoring goals. Quite an amazing pick up for the 3rd round.

• 2 weeks later...

White helped beat Martin Hanzal and the Red Deer Rustlers tonight. He has been going head to head with the big Czech first rounder from the 2005 draft all year long. Tonight Hanzal scored a PP goal and a SH goal and the Rustlers led most of the game. But White came back with a PP goal and a shorty of his own and the Hitmen won 7.5. Speaks volumes about his character. Hanzal may be the most skilled player in the WHL this year, he is a year older than White, and he is HUGE.

Ryder's "gift" is based on the fact that he shoots from anywhere and everywhere. He really doesn't have a great scoring percentage, he just takes so many shots that some of them have to go in. But he does have a good shot, which apparently White has as well. I could see White scoring more garbage type goals a al Ryan Smyth. He is very strong for his size and fearless about going into the danger areas.

Well his shooting persentage is 12.6% which is 4th best on the team (behind Koivu, Higgins and Plekanec).

That is respectable. While it's true he takes lots of shots he is the one habs who seems to consistantly finish.

Edited by Peter Puck

Should be a good series next friday as Kootenay and Calgary meet in the first round. Maxwell should be back. The dates for the series are posted on Kootenay's website.

CHL regular season ends sunday night.

should be a good series indeed, just too bad they have to play each other in the 1st round !!

I enjoyed reading this article because of how Ryan seems to put the teams success ahead of his. This in my books is a sign of a mature player who realizes his success be part of the teams overall standing. I'm happy to have him as part of our depth in a couple of years.

GO HABS GO!

He got two more goals last night in a 7-5 win. Hitmen have 2 more games (I think), so White still has a chance to have the league scoring title over Hamille. Go White, go!

Told you guys you'd like him.

Kelowna will take the series next weekend though, we've been mediocre against the Ice all season but the Hitmen always choke in the playoffs. I still remember last year against Brandon, that was some ugly hockey.

Told you guys you'd like him.

Kelowna will take the series next weekend though, we've been mediocre against the Ice all season but the Hitmen always choke in the playoffs. I still remember last year against Brandon, that was some ugly hockey.

do you go and see some games jets ?? we could use a good scouting report. as well of those two prospects on D.

The Hitmen have a TV deal with Shaw on Channel 10 where I catch one or two games a week. I haven't been to a game in ages though, a little over 2 years. I saw them play the Rebels when we retired Brad Moran's number. Had to be there for that, he was a huge part of this team back in the late 90s.

For a guy who's draft stock fell last summer, allowing the Habs to take him in the 3rd round. he's doing very well this season. He's been one of the top scorers in the WHL this season as an 18 year old, challenging for the overall lead at times. I also enjoyed reading how the Canadiens have been communicating with White from time to time. This guy could have a very bright future with the Habs in a few years.

http://whl.ca/en/members/action/viewArticle/id/6383

tankyouverymuch...

good stuff

GO :hlogo: GO!

Thought I'd let you guys know White won Player of the year, Fan Favorite of the year and the Three Star award last night at the Hitmen awards.

Considering he's been one of the best in the WHL this year, they're all kind of obvious but I thought I'd pass the news on anyway. :)

Thought I'd let you guys know White won Player of the year, Fan Favorite of the year and the Three Star award last night at the Hitmen awards.

Considering he's been one of the best in the WHL this year, they're all kind of obvious but I thought I'd pass the news on anyway. :)

Thanks for the info, Jets !!

congrats to White :clap: