Game Thread | Montreal vs. St.Louis | 03/10/07

Spider-Man NL

Never went into whether it's true or not. Just that it's suspicious. Samsonov has been working hard. Kostitsyn has been making things happen. And on a team littered with minus figures, the guy with the team-lead in +/- is a healthy scratch game in, game out. No matter what nationality they are, I think they should be playing. The "problem" is that no one else on the roster is deserving of a benching either.

Everything I read says that Perezhogin has a concussion. They listed him as a scratch on RDS last night from a concussion suffered in practice.

Edited by Wamsley01

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't exactly call the Blues bottom dwellers. They're a good team to play against because they don't give up. The game tonight had a playoff type atmosphere. Yeah the team gave up 3 goals. But they didn't quit like they had been doing. When the Blues scored the first goal Murray and Souray were flipping pissed. I could see it in their eyes. The Habs came alive and started taking names.

The '07 part of the season Habs would have given up after the 3rd goal. I for sure said well now they'll just play for overtime and then shootout. That didn't happen.

Basically the team was yes starting to fall asleep until Murray got decked at centre ice, he got up and had this huge smile on his face and after that the physical play went up to volume 11.

We'll know for sure if this wasn't just a blip and not a blast on Tuesday.

Obviously I hope you're right. But the fact is that the Blues were missing their #1 goalie and have been damaged by the departure of Guerin/Tkatchuk. And they STILL almost beat us. For that reason, I will not even feel the slightest twinge of optimism unless they win, oh, two or three games in a row. This game should have been pencilled in as a guaranteed win, considering the circumstances and the opposition.

Good news: the Rag$ beat the Canes today in reg time.

Don't want to be the spoiler here but they both picked up points. They decided this one in a shootout.

NY Rangers 2, Carolina 1, SO

Don't want to be the spoiler here but they both picked up points. They decided this one in a shootout.

That's awful, worse case scenario.

13/15 of the Eastern conf teams play for more than .500.. that's ridiculous

Does anyone else see Carbo destroying our upcoming talent with his terrible decisions? I don't want to jump to conclusions but he is really being stubborn and foolish with this situation.

- Kosty gets a tiny call up and plays ok and then gets sent back down. Get another call up ages later and plays great and gets benched. WTF?

- Perezhogin the fastest player on the team gets put on the damn checking line forever and seems to take alot of blame for nothing.

- Grabovski plays great showing signs of brilliance during his small call up and doesn't get another call up this season?

And with the nonsense carbo has been putting the other russian players through this situation is going from bad to nightmarish. I will say one thing for sure and that is no matter how great your players are if you have the wrong coach or a bad one you aren't going anywhere!

I do not like how Carbonneau has coached this team since they started slumping and I believe a few players have not been given the chances they needed. But when you are in Montreal and you start loosing you change things to a style you think you can control and coach better and for Carbonneau that is defensive.

Sure Perezhogin deserves a legitmate shot with Koivu so did Samsonov but they never got it. I hope these are just rookie mistakes and he will be a better coach next year. I still have confidence in him.

I hope these are just rookie mistakes and he will be a better coach next year. I still have confidence in him.

If things don't change, I may have to consider tuning out the Habs like I did for a period in the late 90s. I can't be bothered to watch a team that plays boring hockey. :angry:

Well Carbo seems to be doing the same thing Julien did, only relting on certain players he likes or trusts. Which got Julien canned. I have no idea why he relies on people who never deliver. Might as well see what the youngsters can do. Souray and koivu on the ice at the end? WTF was he thinking? Souray and Koivu are combined minus 40. Souray continues to take stupid penalties only now he is doing it crunch time. I have no problem with Carbo's system or how he coaches motivates, etc. My only problem with him he has no rationale for the decisions he makes, i'm starting to wonder if they personal. Examples:

Perez benched alot and is the fastest and best plus minus?

Kosty an offensive player doing what he was asked after the last call up but sits to play Streit at forward?

Calling out Gorges when he has the worst compelation of D in the league, no mention of those guys.

Samsonov although not producing, is around 0 plus minus and one of the hardest workers when you have others floating every night. (has anyone seen Souray since he stated his team mates need to step up and he wants to stay and make the playoffs. I have as many goals.

As for the game last night, they played great for 25 minutes, then the usual stop skating, taking dumb penalties and blowing a lead. Atleast they won. (i think, they didn't lose any ground on the pick accept ST. Louis)

4th line was awesome.

Anyone seen Koivu or Souray? (nice leadership)

Bonk's line was ok. Komi and Markov were ok.

They finally played physical, well atleast half the game. They really need a tough guy, i am tired of watchingh them getting pushed around. By Weight no less.

The single most worrisome thing about Carbo's coaching is not 'the system' or the way he's jerked Samsonov around...it's the erratic approach to developing the young guys.

-good job with Lats

-exceptional job with Pleks

-good job with Lapierre

-terrible, terrible, terrible job with Perezhogin

-questionable job with Kostityn

You can also argue that he's done little to enhance the development of established young players like Higgins and Komisarek.

Now, the NUMBERS are OK - 3 out of 5. But the two players with the most obvious offensive upside are the latter two. Given Carbo's profile as a player, and given, indeed, the coaches he played under (Pat Burns, Jacques Lemaire, Hitchcock, etc.), it's well worth asking whether he naturally gravitates toward two-way players and has a built-in bias against free-wheelers EVEN WHEN THEY PLAY WELL DEFENSIVELY (cf. Zhogs and Kosty). If so, then the future looks a lot darker than it should.

I'll disagree on Higgins. He was on fire until he was injured. His injury was pretty bad especially for someone who uses his speed. I expect he will be back next year when he has a chance to rest and re habs it during the offseason.

No defenseman will improve without and defensive who's specialty is Dmen comes aboard.

The single most worrisome thing about Carbo's coaching is not 'the system' or the way he's jerked Samsonov around...it's the erratic approach to developing the young guys.

-good job with Lats

-exceptional job with Pleks

-good job with Lapierre

-terrible, terrible, terrible job with Perezhogin

-questionable job with Kostityn

You can also argue that he's done little to enhance the development of established young players like Higgins and Komisarek.

Now, the NUMBERS are OK - 3 out of 5. But the two players with the most obvious offensive upside are the latter two. Given Carbo's profile as a player, and given, indeed, the coaches he played under (Pat Burns, Jacques Lemaire, Hitchcock, etc.), it's well worth asking whether he naturally gravitates toward two-way players and has a built-in bias against free-wheelers EVEN WHEN THEY PLAY WELL DEFENSIVELY (cf. Zhogs and Kosty). If so, then the future looks a lot darker than it should.

I think you're right, I think he does gravitate to those players, and I think it's why he's forced the team into a defensive system even though we're not suited to it, and why he's so anti Kost and Perogie (which is awful, considering that , as you said, they play well defensively)