We'll see what we're made of this weekend!

kost46

The magic number to clinch any playoff spot is actually 11, our wins combined with leafs,canes,isles losses takes away points.

We're ahead in the first tiebreaker right now (wins) over every team below us, so that's why I said 10. 10 is a tie for a playoff spot.

Playing Hedberg was a heavy risk high reward for Bob Hartley.

He has now wiggle room to protect Lehtonen shape and has given confidence to his number 2 goalie a couple of game before playoffs.

Now we should see this week end or so the same in Montreal as soon as we have breath room. As soon as we win this game in Ottawa and battle hard for the other one in MTL against Buffalo.

so now that the weekend is done; how does everyone feel about what the habs are made of? I for one am happy to see them show up and play on sat. against buffalo, after a sorry sad game on friday against the sens. gives me some hope, but we need to play the sens better.

one good thing is that the sens will suck in the playoffs as usual so at least that much we don't have to worry about.

GO habs go!

so now that the weekend is done; how does everyone feel about what the habs are made of? I for one am happy to see them show up and play on sat. against buffalo, after a sorry sad game on friday against the sens. gives me some hope, but we need to play the sens better.

one good thing is that the sens will suck in the playoffs as usual so at least that much we don't have to worry about.

GO habs go!

I was hoping that Montreal would not have to go into Toronto needing to win to make the playoffs.

They have been awful in Toronto this season. But barring Toronto stinking it up against the Flyers/Isles Montreal is going to have to win in NY and Toronto to make the playoffs.

It is a toss up. This team takes to many periods off and the Leafs have capitalized on a ton of breaks against us this season. 1 bad period next Saturday and they could get buried.

Considering the Leafs have gone 11/36 on the PP against us and 7/18 at home I am a little worried about next Weekend.

Barring a NYR collapse, it is going to be Toronto or Montreal who gets in

One thin ray of hope is that the Islanders and Leafs have a long and bloody rivalry...it's at least conceivable that, even with Dunham, the Isles gouge out a win along with some teeth.

One thin ray of hope is that the Islanders and Leafs have a long and bloody rivalry...it's at least conceivable that, even with Dunham, the Isles gouge out a win along with some teeth.

Dunham is hurt, Dubielewicz is starting for them now.

Here's another happy thought.

If there's ONE THING the Boston Bruins want more than anything else in the world right now, apart from an extra few yards off the golf tee, it's to beat our Habs and deprive them of a playoff spot. We have simply crushed their hopes too many times in recent years for them not to relish this (to say nothing of the fraught history between the franchises). For God's sake, we basically motivated them to throw away Joe Thornton.

I'm worried. The Habs had better not look past those guys or we're f**ked.

Dubielewicz's future sure looks bright. 2,000,000$, wow.

let me guess.. Garth Snow will sign him to $2mil per season for 15 years.. right? sorry.. couldn't let that one pass..

kiddin' put aside lets see what the isles will do now..

after this week end I am pretty confident that the Habs will sqeak into that last spot, we can easily take Boston, we just proved that we can beat the rangers, and the leafs....well they suck, so we are pretty much a shoe-in.

Carolina is gonna lose against the Thrashers, and Toronto will get there asses handed to them by Philly, just like the rangers did last night.

Philly always plays good against the leafs.....

all we have to do is win......GO HABS GO :bow:

Philly always plays good against the leafs.....

2005-06 season: Tue Mar 28 2006 at Phi Toronto 3, Philadelphia 2

2005-06 season: Sat Apr 8 2006 at Phi Toronto 5, Philadelphia 2

2006-07 season: Mon Nov 6 2006 at Tor Toronto 4, Philadelphia 1

2006-07 season: Thu Feb 15 2007 at Phi Toronto 4, Philadelphia 2

2006-07 season: Sat Feb 24 2007 at Phi Toronto 5, Philadelphia 2

Those are the last 5 times they have played I really hope Biron makes a difference.

2005-06 season: Tue Mar 28 2006 at Phi Toronto 3, Philadelphia 2

2005-06 season: Sat Apr 8 2006 at Phi Toronto 5, Philadelphia 2

2006-07 season: Mon Nov 6 2006 at Tor Toronto 4, Philadelphia 1

2006-07 season: Thu Feb 15 2007 at Phi Toronto 4, Philadelphia 2

2006-07 season: Sat Feb 24 2007 at Phi Toronto 5, Philadelphia 2

Those are the last 5 times they have played I really hope Biron makes a difference.

I was really just trying to be optimistic, thanks for bursting my bubble :glare:

have the confidence it can go along way

Edited by Davehab