Andreï Kostitsyn

JoeLassister

You still don't throw a pass to someone when they are surrounded by three opposing players. That is a SUCKER PASS. This time it worked, mostly due to Plekanec, but the next time it happens the guy could get clocked.

WTF are you saying? Did you ever watch Lemieux or Gretzky play??? 50% of their passes were straight through a pair of skates or over an oppenent's stick. That's what we call skills and a good execution, not a sucker pass!

Edited by JoeLassister

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still don't throw a pass to someone when they are surrounded by three opposing players. That is a SUCKER PASS. This time it worked, mostly due to Plekanec, but the next time it happens the guy could get clocked.

a suggested idea here is that, yes, in this case, it may have been a bad pass that worked due to circumstances 'beyond his control' but there's still some good stuff here.

1) he is confident in his passing ability such that he is able to even try stuff like that, knowing that, odds are that it will work.

2) his skill gives him the ability to even do these things

so, given those two criteria, the skill and the confidence, it's better for him to try stuff like that 'error' than it would be to second-guess himself into doing less...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I don't understand why people feel that they need to bash shit on every post. Yea Kostitsyn has some minor flaws, the pass to pleky was sketchy.

But the bottom line is he has showed up since getting called up and has helped the habs win 5 in a row. That's huge no matter what you think

:hlogo:

I don't understand why people feel that they need to bash shit on every post. Yea Kostitsyn has some minor flaws, the pass to pleky was sketchy.

But the bottom line is he has showed up since getting called up and has helped the habs win 5 in a row. That's huge no matter what you think

super 4th post, familia...

welcome to the 'family'... you'll enjoy it... we're a wild and varied bunch

I've been saying this for months... #### rocks! Anyone questioning minor details in his play doesn't (rock, in case your brain is too slow).

that's what you meant... ahhh.............

glad you told me... age, you know... synapses breaking down... :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

that's what you meant... ahhh.............

glad you told me... age, you know... synapses breaking down... :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Sorry, got a bit catty there .... this constant nigglin' about silly details is getting to me. This pass wasn't good, even though we scored ... if the people who are this critical of players on the Habs applied the same standards to themselves .... well Montreal would be one of the most productive an error free cities in the world.

The guy plays great ... he just came up from the minors ... he will be a future star .... and who cares if his pass was risky ... risky wins games sometimes.

Please ... lets end the criticisms when they are not deserving. This isn't Samsonov afterall!

What you guys interpret as "negativity" is just someone trying to add a little balance and reality to the situation. Every time I come here there is new thread on Kostitsyn, all of them swimming in hyperbole. The guy has all of 3 goals in his career. At the same age Samsonov had about 150 NHL goals and 350 points. Plus he won the Calder, if I recall. At the age of 18.

Plus I get a little sick of hearing his name come up in relation to goals that were primarily the result of other players work and talent. When Latendresse scored the other night, he carried the puck in from center ice, undressed a defenseman and buried a great shot. The play started with a great transition pass from Mike Komisarek after he stripped the puck from the opposition in his own end. But all the talk was of the fraction of a second Kostitsyn touched the puck between Komo's pass and Latendresse' highlight reel goal. Same thing with the Plekanec goal. Great pass from Komo to Pleks carries to the blueline dishes off to Kostitsyn who was open on the wing, Kosty fires it right back to him and Pleks scores with three players draped on him. Guess who all the messageboard cheers go to?

If I wasn't here, I think every second thread would be about Kostitsyn, and the ones that weren't would be about Kovalev. There are 15 or 20 players on the team who do more for the team than those two.

I'm from london ontario and was lucky enough to see #### play for the knights. I knew he was amazing the first time I saw him, it's awesome he's rocking the habs now! :hlogo:

I think you got A-Cup mixed up with Big ####. :unsure:

Plus I get a little sick of hearing his name come up in relation to goals that were primarily the result of other players work and talent. When Latendresse scored the other night, he carried the puck in from center ice, undressed a defenseman and buried a great shot. The play started with a great transition pass from Mike Komisarek after he stripped the puck from the opposition in his own end. But all the talk was of the fraction of a second Kostitsyn touched the puck between Komo's pass and Latendresse' highlight reel goal. Same thing with the Plekanec goal. Great pass from Komo to Pleks carries to the blueline dishes off to Kostitsyn who was open on the wing, Kosty fires it right back to him and Pleks scores with three players draped on him. Guess who all the messageboard cheers go to?

If I wasn't here, I think every second thread would be about Kostitsyn, and the ones that weren't would be about Kovalev. There are 15 or 20 players on the team who do more for the team than those two.

It is a team sport. Sometimes teams need quick passes. Your quality of play is dependent of the amount of time you hold on to the puck, but what you do with it.

To sing the praises of other players doesn't mean you have to detract from the play of others. You want to talk about how great Latendress is, no one is stopping you from starting a thread.

However, saying that Kostitisyn isn't that great, and then over analyzing one pass (which result in a goal) seems like sour grapes ... and who wants to read your sour grapes? Not me ... and not a lot of others either.

You want to know what the Pros think? Read some articles. Higgins, Kovalev, Komisarek, and Plekanec have all had raving reviews about ####' play of late .... so I don't know why you feel the need to diss him.

Point fi-nal!

What's wrong? Isn't it obvious that Kosty is the best player since Morenz?

And like every player that ever plays for the Canadiens has to by like Morenz, or Roy right. Good point! Morenz or they deserve to be criticized. :?-

Hey, got a novel idea ... support your team. Be proud of them. When they set up a sweet goal, give them credit. #### has laid up a few beauts in the last few weeks.

I'm from london ontario and was lucky enough to see #### play for the knights. I knew he was amazing the first time I saw him, it's awesome he's rocking the habs now!

i'm certainly not one to be 'offended' or shocked by language like that but i still sort of shudder when i see him and his brother nicknamed '####'...

it just seems kind of infantile...

i'm certainly not one to be 'offended' or shocked by language like that but i still sort of shudder when i see him and his brother nicknamed '####'...

Maybe we're just compensating for something? :lol:

I suggest you introspect and consider your prudish nature. I personally find nothing offensive with the word ####... it is the name for a bird ... did you know that? It is simply a word. What I find remarkable is that people are offended, or find immature, the word Tit ... yet they have no problem with Breast, or chest, or any other so called cleaner word.

I like the alliteration in the word tit. It rolls off the tongue nicely. And, it alludes to the sentiment that many people shudder from ... the taboo! Oh, the horror!

Kostitsyn's a better prospect than Perezhogin and always has been. He was drafted higher, and he was rated higher than his draft position. If you go to Hockeysfuture.com the blurb on Kosty (the new one in habs top 20 prospects) says that some folks think he's been the best player in the AHL this year. I don't think anyone ever said that about Perezhogin. (or Higgins or Pleks for that matter (don't get me wrong, I love both of them, I'm just saying they were never really considered first-line players coming up.)

Kosty's got a better offensive skill set than any of these other guys, plain and simple. I like Perezhogin and think he should definitely be given time to mature as he has lots of tools to make in the league, but talking down AK is just silly. He's been one of the most elite prospects we've had in decades. He had a slow transition to North America, but otherwise he's been elite at every level, including this last stretch in the bigs.

No guarantee he'll stick at the NHL but we haven't seen someone come up with his vision and passing in years. A lot of years. And everyone says he's got a booming shot, which hopefully we'll see more of in the future.

Kostitsyn's a better prospect than Perezhogin and always has been. He was drafted higher, and he was rated higher than his draft position. If you go to Hockeysfuture.com the blurb on Kosty (the new one in habs top 20 prospects) says that some folks think he's been the best player in the AHL this year. I don't think anyone ever said that about Perezhogin. (or Higgins or Pleks for that matter (don't get me wrong, I love both of them, I'm just saying they were never really considered first-line players coming up.)

Kosty's got a better offensive skill set than any of these other guys, plain and simple. I like Perezhogin and think he should definitely be given time to mature as he has lots of tools to make in the league, but talking down AK is just silly. He's been one of the most elite prospects we've had in decades. He had a slow transition to North America, but otherwise he's been elite at every level, including this last stretch in the bigs.

No guarantee he'll stick at the NHL but we haven't seen someone come up with his vision and passing in years. A lot of years. And everyone says he's got a booming shot, which hopefully we'll see more of in the future.

Well put....but then again I don't understand why everyone (mostly) is so high on Perez. His game lacks creativity of any kind and he reminds me of Antropov. Impressive no? :puke:

Well put....but then again I don't understand why everyone (mostly) is so high on Perez. His game lacks creativity of any kind and he reminds me of Antropov. Impressive no? :puke:
I'm on of the few people who would have loved to have Antropov on our team.. not anymore, but I'd probably take him over Johnson.

I don't disagree with you, and I wouldn't ever talk down AK 46. I think he's definitely the real thing; but in fairness, talking down Perezhogin is equally silly. Ppl can talk maturely about how much they like Kostitsyn, what I don't understand is why part of liking one player has to mean putting down another for some fans...I like Kosty; i just also like Perogie.

Andrei, who could've been a top-3 pick if not for his medical condition (epileptic seizures) has been really fun to watch.

He's gonna be a highlight film waiting to happen everytime he gets the puck. A poor-man's Pavel Bure, who isn't lazy and who will eventually learn NHL defense. And he's fast too!

I'm glad we didn't trade him at the deadline.

I have to believe that Samsonov will be back. He is too good a player to just lose it completely at the age of 28 or whatever he is. I think that Sergei will be back and a top 2 line left winger along with Chris Higgins. There isn't a lot of other alternatives for the Habs on the left side, and there isn't a lot of other alternatives for Samsonov, since he has already passed through waivers. I doubt he wants to go back to Russia after playing so long in North America.

Samsonov will be traded at the 2007 NHL Draft.

Perezhogin skates straight down the ice and straight up the ice. And he seems out of control most of the time.

He reminds me of a table hockey player.

Samsonov will be traded at the 2007 NHL Draft.

They couldn't give him away in the middle of the season when a lot of teams were shorthanded due to injuries, but they will be able to trade him in the off season? :huh:

Plus I get a little sick of hearing his name come up in relation to goals that were primarily the result of other players work and talent. When Latendresse scored the other night, he carried the puck in from center ice, undressed a defenseman and buried a great shot. The play started with a great transition pass from Mike Komisarek after he stripped the puck from the opposition in his own end. But all the talk was of the fraction of a second Kostitsyn touched the puck between Komo's pass and Latendresse' highlight reel goal.

It doesn't matter how long he held held the puck. Indeed the beauty of this play was that instead of catching the pass and then repassing it forward, which would have allowed the defence to react, he simply deflected the puck at high speed and perfectly into Latendresse's path. This is not the sort of play you see from very many guys. I agree Latendresse finished the play wonderfully but there are lots of guys with good moves and good shots. Many players will score on a break away. I doubt there are more than 10 guys in the league with the vision and touch to make that pass which sent Latendresse in alone.

Same thing with the Plekanec goal. Great pass from Komo to Pleks carries to the blueline dishes off to Kostitsyn who was open on the wing, Kosty fires it right back to him and Pleks scores with three players draped on him. Guess who all the messageboard cheers go to?

Again Pleks made a great play to get his own rebound and score. But this whole play was set up by Kostitsyn. They were coming in on a 3 on 2 and he accelerated toward the net. His speed forced the defenceman between him and Plekanek to move toward AK. As soon as he did AK sent a pass to Pleks who took excellent advantage of the space that had been created. Now most players with the puck on a 3 on 2 will slow the play down and spread out forcing the Dmen to try to cover more space. This often leads to a backchecker catching up and turning the play into a 3 on 3.

You can say that Latendresse and Pleks are responsible for the goals but the fact remains that on both plays they got a pass that left no one between them and the goalie.

Edited by Peter Puck