Andreï Kostitsyn

JoeLassister

He's gotta start shooting more.

In the last 10 games where hes got 10 points, he has only got more then 2 shots in a game ONCE.

but if he had shot more, he might have shot on the goalie's pad, whereas his mad passes totally undressed the goalies and made it the perfect scenario for Plekanec/Higgins to score.

You never once showed me any proof of the chance Perezhogin got in an offensive role. His only chance was last season and he prodeced.

just watching him on the ice lose the puck to marginal opponents in the offensive zone is enough for me.

he's good defensively though :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but if he had shot more, he might have shot on the goalie's pad, whereas his mad passes totally undressed the goalies and made it the perfect scenario for Plekanec/Higgins to score.

just watching him on the ice lose the puck to marginal opponents in the offensive zone is enough for me.

he's good defensively though :)

Well I guess what we can both do is wait and see if he gets a shot in an offensive role and does not do well I will be incorrect. Time will tell. For now we can agree to disagree.

You never once showed me any proof of the chance Perezhogin got in an offensive role. His only chance was last season and he prodeced.

All that i know is that Kostitsyn looked better than Perez in 10 games than him in 2 seasons...

Sorry...

Perezhogin had a hot streak similar to Kostitsyn early in his career. Most players do. Higgins has, Latendresse, Lapierre. Marcel Hossa and Josef Balej from days gone by. I don't think it is reasonable to expect a point per game from now on from Kostitsyn, or even that he is in the NHL for good.

I still would like to see Perezhogin get a good chance. Would love to see him get a shot with Koivu and Ryder on the left side.

Perez Koivu Ryder

Higgins Plekanec Kostysyn

Begin Bonk Johnson

Latendresse Laperiere Kovalev

Not that Streit has been playing bad there, but seems like Perez would be a good fit there.

Maybe we should move Laperierre to D as well :)

I agree and i was searching back a thread where i was saying

to Bacchus who was completely sold on Kots that i had completely

gave up in him, that he had some trade value, not enough point per game with that many years in AHL blabla...

Sorry Bacchus !! I was wrong totally wrong.

He is blossoming and he is a fun to watch with Plek and Higgins.

Finally a first rounder with first line real potential.

For the team's sake I am glad I was right .... but keep watching, I don't think that #### hasn't shown us the whole kit and kaboodle yet. When he starts scoring himself ... then you will see a pack of Habs fans drooling all over him. It may even border on pathetic (the drooling I mean), but #### is just titalating right now.

Did you watch game's 2-9 at the begining of last season.

perezhogin us our new brian savage :D

perezhogin is a perfect 3rd liner and he could become a good fixture on an offensive line whenever there's an injury

perezhogin us our new brian savage :D

perezhogin is a perfect 3rd liner and he could become a good fixture on an offensive line whenever there's an injury

geez, i hope you're wrong... he's got so much more ability and potential than that...

i refuse to underestimate or slam this kid... he's gone through some personal hells to get to this point... i give him credit for persevering...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Lats, Kost, Higgins, Kovy, Ryder are all ahead and will still be ahead next season. There is no spot for Perez on the offensive lines and I don't think Carbo will get rid of his Bonk and Johnson line who is SO MUCH important against any 1rst line of the league...

I don't think Carbo will get rid of his Bonk and Johnson line who is SO MUCH important against any 1rst line of the league...

It's not so much a decision of getting rid of them, it's one of hoping they will come back for less money. The Habs will be prepared to go with Begin-Lapierre-Zhog, because Johnson and Bonk coming back is far from a sure thing.

Faerie? Do you have 2 accounts? :huh:;)

:lol: I think Fearie and I share some points of view... But please notice i wrote "player" and not "man"...

My mother always use to say that Luc Robitaille and specially Steve Duschesne were the hotest players.

Lats, Kost, Higgins, Kovy, Ryder are all ahead and will still be ahead next season. There is no spot for Perez on the offensive lines and I don't think Carbo will get rid of his Bonk and Johnson line who is SO MUCH important against any 1rst line of the league...

The best performing teams are the ones who have enought skilled offensive players in their organisation to

fill up most of their depth lines with same.

Kostsitsyn is not going anywhere and Grabovski is ready to join the club,...if Gainey ever get a skillfull forward replacement of Samsonov the CH should be nothing less than a scoring machine.....and the only thing a scoring machine needs to be a serious team is good D from their D squad along with good goaltenting.......unidimensionel third line players needs not apply.

Will our purgatory in the new NHL be over ? It wont be if our depth lines looked like the ones we had for most of the season but it will be if Zhogin is joined by fast and skillfull players complementing him......than will see Zhogin at is best, than will the CH be competitive with the best of them.

The best performing teams are the ones who have enought skilled offensive players in their organisation to

fill up most of their depth lines with same.

Kostsitsyn is not going anywhere and Grabovski is ready to join the club,...if Gainey ever get a skillfull forward replacement of Samsonov the CH should be nothing less than a scoring machine.....and the only thing a scoring machine needs to be a serious team is good D from their D squad along with good goaltenting.......unidimensionel third line players needs not apply.

Will our purgatory in the new NHL be over ? It wont be if our depth lines looked like the ones we had for most of the season but it will be if Zhogin is joined by fast and skillfull players complementing him......than will see Zhogin at is best, than will the CH be competitive with the best of them.

Gotta tell this to Bob and Carbo... i really think Bonk AND Johnson will be back next season. I hope Grabovski will join the team instead of Bonk, but... we'll see.

How did it suddenly come about that Samsonov, Bonk, and Johnson have no "skill"? Samsonov was the one who held the scoring record for a 17 year old in the RSL. Not Bure, Fedorov, Mogilny, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Malkin. Bonk was similarly precocious in the Czech Elite League, and a top scorer in the IHL when he was 17. All three have scored more points in an NHL season than Kostitsyn or Grabovski have scored in an AHL season. Just because they play a more defensive role, doesn't mean they lack skill. For the poster who mentioned about filling the third and fourth line with "skilled" players, well that is exactly what Sammy, Bonk, and Johnson are. You would be hard pressed to go through the NHL teams and find a more skilled trio playing down the depth chart.

You are correct Bobby.

But what I believe they could have been trying to get across was wanting younger CHEAPER skilled players. Bonk with an impressive season as a shut down centre will have a least 20 teams in the market to sing him and Johnson has a history of producing anywhere will also have a few teams after him.

As for Samsonov his time looks like it is up in Montreal, I will not be suprised if he is moved with a pick or to a desperate team who misses out on thier UFA winger targets.

I have to believe that Samsonov will be back. He is too good a player to just lose it completely at the age of 28 or whatever he is. I think that Sergei will be back and a top 2 line left winger along with Chris Higgins. There isn't a lot of other alternatives for the Habs on the left side, and there isn't a lot of other alternatives for Samsonov, since he has already passed through waivers. I doubt he wants to go back to Russia after playing so long in North America.

I have to believe that Samsonov will be back. He is too good a player to just lose it completely at the age of 28 or whatever he is. I think that Sergei will be back and a top 2 line left winger along with Chris Higgins. There isn't a lot of other alternatives for the Habs on the left side, and there isn't a lot of other alternatives for Samsonov, since he has already passed through waivers. I doubt he wants to go back to Russia after playing so long in North America.

Though I doubt anyone anyone will trade for Sammy, it is likely that he will be either a) bought out, or B) sent to minors (in the hopes that he voids his contract and goes back to Russia). Needless to say, I am EXTREMELY happy with AK46 as his replacement. Nice to see a player take the puck and skate TOWARDS the offensive zone, as opposed to Sammy's style of zigzagging and constantly retreating to the D-zone.

The early book on Kostitsyn was that he held onto the puck too long. Now, after 3 years of hectoring by the coaching staff he seems to have gone to the other extreme. His passes "find Pleks" allright, but in the case of his assist last game, Tomas is often covered by two players when it happens. How Plekanec scored that goal is a mystery. Kostitsyn was uncovered on the wing and he dumped the puck to Plekanec who was between three Ranger players at the time. Somehow the puck ended up in the net, but that was only due to Pleks strength, hands, and quickness. The goal was like several others that Kostitsyn has assisted on, it started with a GREAT transition pass from Komisarek, barely touched by Kostitsyn, then a great individual effort by Pleks (or Latendresse, or Higgins, or whomever) to score the goal.

Sorry but thats very incorrect. Kost made a backhand-saucer-pass, throught traffic, that went right to the tape on pleks's stick. That pass was amazing.

How did it suddenly come about that Samsonov, Bonk, and Johnson have no "skill"? Samsonov was the one who held the scoring record for a 17 year old in the RSL. Not Bure, Fedorov, Mogilny, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Malkin. Bonk was similarly precocious in the Czech Elite League, and a top scorer in the IHL when he was 17. All three have scored more points in an NHL season than Kostitsyn or Grabovski have scored in an AHL season. Just because they play a more defensive role, doesn't mean they lack skill. For the poster who mentioned about filling the third and fourth line with "skilled" players, well that is exactly what Sammy, Bonk, and Johnson are. You would be hard pressed to go through the NHL teams and find a more skilled trio playing down the depth chart.

I would tend to agree that a depth line composed of players like Samy-Bonk-Johnson did seem to offer from the look of it an almost sensational offensive potential for a depth line........ but the fact is that Carbo has decided against it one way or the other.........and in the end, what we had with the Bonk-Johnson duo this season, no matter which players was on their line, was not that much else than great positional awarness and a sound defensive game at all time. But in the end our team needs more offense than they have managed with their combined 40+ points put together,.....we need more offense from our depth lines cause we dont have a couple of 40 goals scorers on our top lines........some of our rookies bunched up together on our depth line could do more damages than the expensive duo would next season,.....not that they need to produce like rookies Roy and Pominville did for BUFF'd depth lines last season for a combined 70 points or this year's 118 points..........but at least the process will be started on our way to be most likely better.....and definetly cheaper.

It's clear he has major Bure'esque skills in many facets of the offensive game. That's a comparison in style, not ability.

I'm still trying to figure out what level player he is. Most of our detractors (especially loof fans) are saying calm down. They're expecting us to go on and on like some of us may have for Drappeau or Houde.

But, these other fans are missing one point. When was the last time you remember being this amazed for a prospect? For me it's been years. Higgins was awesome but Kosty is doing the little things that are making me say "Holy S***". Latendresse also qualifies. :clap:

The Pleks goal against Boston was a perfect example. He passed it beyond the reach of the B's D and it had just enough power on it that it slowed perfectly on the snowy ice so Thomas dare not go after it. Watch the replay.

Pretty well every goal is freaking me out. It's true that in hockey a player can slow down.

However, consider the entire NHL. Compare Kostitsyn's passing ability and compare him to another player. I still don't know

Very very promising though :hlogo:

Kostitsyn_54488.jpg

It turned out to be Les Glorieux day :hlogo:

AWESOME HOCKEY SENSE - #46 ANDREI KOSTITSYN!

Faerie? Do you have 2 accounts? :huh:;)

Err, no... :wacko:

:lol: I think Fearie and I share some points of view... But please notice i wrote "player" and not "man"...

My mother always use to say that Luc Robitaille and specially Steve Duschesne were the hotest players.

Lucky Luc = :wub:

You still don't throw a pass to someone when they are surrounded by three opposing players. That is a SUCKER PASS. This time it worked, mostly due to Plekanec, but the next time it happens the guy could get clocked.