Huet for Friday?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE REAL QUESTION IS : WHO STARTS FOR THE LAST GAMES AND PLAYOFFS ??? (if Habs clinch a spot)

- Halak : has been terrific ; extremely zen ; has a great momentum going on, so he should remain the starting goalie for the rest of the season... BUT : doesn't have playoffs experience (which may or may or may not be a valid argument, since Dryden led the Habs to the cup as a rookie)

- Huet : talented goalie too, has the playoff experience (and he was great during these playoffs vs Carolina, the then future champs) that Halak doesn't have yet ; BUT : he hasn't played for a long time, and this is a war right now ; would you throw him in there ?? plus, you don't want to break Halak's momentum

Personaly, if Halak stays hot, he should start for the playoffs

Edited by rafikz

''If he wins, he'll be in there Saturday night (at home against Buffalo) and if he wins again, he'll be there Tuesday night (at home against Boston),'' Carbonneau said.

I some way i dont like these kind of statements, they don't mean a thing, and gives the goalie more pressure than he already has. Useless comments, he did it before with Aeby. Aeby would play the rest of the year, well we all know how that ended.

''If he loses? I haven't figured that out yet.

So if the Habs lose, its Jaro's fault? I always thought a whole team lost...Stupid comments, Carbonneau should pick his words better, of say nothing at all. We will all see when the game starts!

I some way i dont like these kind of statements, they don't mean a thing, and gives the goalie more pressure than he already has. Useless comments, he did it before with Aeby. Aeby would play the rest of the year, well we all know how that ended.

So if the Habs lose, its Jaro's fault? I always thought a whole team lost...Stupid comments, Carbonneau should pick his words better, of say nothing at all. We will all see when the game starts!

i don't know what is meant by 'if he loses' but if the team loses and he plays really well, it would seem reasonable to keep him in till HE has a bad game... even then...

in any event, we'll see...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Carbonneau is playing it perfectly does not want to get inside Halak's head and wants to make sure Huet knows he will have to win should he get the chances.

As for who should start in the playoffs, if Halak still has the starters job come April 7th then it should be him for sure. Nothing wrong with having Huet ready should Halak struggle.

THE REAL QUESTION IS : WHO STARTS FOR THE LAST GAMES AND PLAYOFFS ??? (if Habs clinch a spot)

- Halak : has been terrific ; extremely zen ; has a great momentum going on, so he should remain the starting goalie for the rest of the season... BUT : doesn't have playoffs experience (which may or may or may not be a valid argument, since Dryden led the Habs to the cup as a rookie)

- Huet : talented goalie too, has the playoff experience (and he was great during these playoffs vs Carolina, the then future champs) that Halak doesn't have yet ; BUT : he hasn't played for a long time, and this is a war right now ; would you throw him in there ?? plus, you don't want to break Halak's momentum

Personaly, if Halak stays hot, he should start for the playoffs

Totally agreed... If Halak's still playing when we get to the playoffs (knock on wood) I'd keep playing him IN the playoffs until a change is necessary (bad play, team no longer in front of him, whatever)

Carbonneau is playing it perfectly does not want to get inside Halak's head and wants to make sure Huet knows he will have to win should he get the chances.

As for who should start in the playoffs, if Halak still has the starters job come April 7th then it should be him for sure. Nothing wrong with having Huet ready should Halak struggle.

Exactly

RDS just told Huet couldn't play this weekend and will be revaluated on monday...

Well I guess that settles it for this weekend.

Halak looks beleaguered. He did last game as well. He has to win them a game. He did it in the AHL. But nothing special so far in the NHL.

Yeah nothing special he was BRUTAL against the Leafs and than awful against the Bruins!

well fridays game and saturdays game has come and gone. I'm assuming that huet's doctors has advised him against playing in game yet.

therefore, i'm still going to push for playing halak for the rest of the schedule; until we are assured a playoff position and then if huet is ready give him one or two games... may be the last game vs. the leafs.

go habs go!

I don't envy the coaches. Throwing the long-absent Huet into this situation, where one mistake could end the playoff run - that's tough to do, boy. Sometimes people return from injury and look great for a few games before they lose their wind and struggle for a while; other times they need a few games 'to get their timing back.' The latter scenario is disastrous. Then again, Halak didn't look too good on at least one of Buffalo's goals and might have slipped off his pedistal a bit in the last two games. If I'm Guy, I'm getting grey hair at a rate of one a minute at this point. :rolleyes:

Well now we've gotta go the whole way with Halak. Even if we make the playoffs, it'll be Halak until he blows it. Maybe Huet will make a mid-series emergence like Cam Ward did last year. B)

OK now that the weekend is over we should now be focusing on Huet return with Boston on Tuesday. Halak has been good down the stretch not great. He has not steal a game for us as of yet, the ottawa game was a great per formation from Habs and had the game in our hands and feel Halak let us down a bit.....

Its time to get our #1 goalie back in game shape for the ranger and maple laugh games. What better then Huet playing Boston a team he has owned and controlled for the past two years.

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike Halak. I think he is a very good goalie with a great future ahead of him. But once again Huet is our #1 goalie and a better goalie! so please carb play HUET in net on Tuesday against Boston...... :hlogo:

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Sorry I hope Carbonneau does not do this, you do not change a centre peice to a winning formula. The Habs are playing well in front of Halak and Huet was not stealing games for the month or so before he was injured. I hope Halak continues to start unless he looses the Canadiens a game something he is yet to do.

If Huet were healthy, Halak would just be backing up based on his play so far, I think. Not that that is a criticism. I think he is the youngest goaltender in the NHL at the moment, and was one of the last players taken in the 2003 draft. Jaro has certainly beaten the odds to an amazing degree to this point in his career, and I think he will be in the NHL for a long time.

HU-ET HU-ET HU-ET

you can always come back to Halak, at which point, Halak wouldn't be looking over his shoulder, he'd know he was 'the man'.

put Huet in, see if he's ready or not - or - get him ready by playing him.

you play a rookie goalie in the playoffs when you are desperate - with Huet healthy and ready, the Habs aren't desperate, not at all.

If Huet falters in the first 2 games of the playoffs, then Halak is there.

If Huet is horrible at the end of the regular season, then Halak is there.

Starter: Huet

Backup: Halak

as simple as that.

HU-ET HU-ET HU-ET

you can always come back to Halak, at which point, Halak wouldn't be looking over his shoulder, he'd know he was 'the man'.

put Huet in, see if he's ready or not - or - get him ready by playing him.

you play a rookie goalie in the playoffs when you are desperate - with Huet healthy and ready, the Habs aren't desperate, not at all.

If Huet falters in the first 2 games of the playoffs, then Halak is there.

If Huet is horrible at the end of the regular season, then Halak is there.

Starter: Huet

Backup: Halak

as simple as that.

but there is not enough margin for error - if Huet is horrible at the end of the regular season then we miss the playoffs, whether Halak is there or not. We're better off riding Halak into the playoffs, and then even then you could argue that it would be too risky to try him out.

but there is not enough margin for error - if Huet is horrible at the end of the regular season then we miss the playoffs, whether Halak is there or not. We're better off riding Halak into the playoffs, and then even then you could argue that it would be too risky to try him out.

i'm not getting ahead of myself, but i am assuming a couple of things ...

i'm assuming Huet appears physically ready.

i'm assuming Huet appears mentally ready as demonstrated in practice.

i'm also assuming that if either Huet or Halak are SO fragile that the team misses the playoffs because of a 2 game Huet trial, that the team really has no business being IN the playoffs anyways!

starter: Huet

backup: Halak

it's time to find out which is which. i'm not Carbo or Bob (clearly) - but - i'd want to know as soon as possible and not be wondering during the first round. if the experiment means the Habs miss the playoffs, then, the team didn't deserve to be there anyways (of course, i'm also not the owner, complaining about the loss of revenue from a couple of home games :P )