Game Thread | Bruins de Boston vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/03/07

Spider-Man NL

bruins1.gifvrssign.gifnewlogo1.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

4.gif35-38-6 : 76 Points (13th in the Eastern Conference)

newlogo170.gif41-32-6 : 88 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Boston

1591.gif# 30 Tim Thomas (30-28-4), 3.08 GAA, .906 Save%

Montreal

3768.gif# 41 Jaroslav Halak (9-5-0), 3.03 GAA, .901 Save%

Bruins Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Streit - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kovalev
Begin - Bonk - Johnson

d.jpg

Souray - Niinimaa
Bouillon - Dandenault
Komisarek - Markov

G.jpg
Jaroslav Halak

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 26th, 2006:newlogo170.gif3 4.gif2

Dec. 4th, 2006:4.gif6 newlogo170.gif5

Dec. 12th, 2006:4.gif3 newlogo170.gif4

Dec. 23th, 2006:newlogo170.gif2 4.gif4

Mar. 3rd, 2007:newlogo170.gif1 4.gif3

Mar. 20th, 2007:4.gif0 newlogo170.gif1

Mar. 22nd, 2007:newlogo170.gif6 4.gif3

HalakRyderBos.jpg

HalaK41BOS.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& NESN.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that scares me is that Tim Thomas seems to be able to to step it up and steal games from the habs. But the CH lit him up 10 days ago, so maybe they've figured him out again. Other than that the habs should, and have to win.

Season is on the line. Habs cannot look past the Bruins in this one.

Win tomorrow and they guarantee at least a worst case scenario matchup with the Leafs on Saturday.

With a little help they can be on the edge of a playoff spot.

Go HABS

Go FLYERS

Edited by Wamsley01

Looking at our projected lineup there, I cant help but think about how much better our team would look (on paper) if that were a Samsonov-Koivu-Ryder line. Streit has been good by his standards, but damn we would be a much more dangerous team with Sammy playing even like his average self on that first line.

It's too bad he hadnt shot his mouth off so much

Another (surprise, surprise) must-win game.

- Boston has given up

- Habs are hot

- Home game

- The urgency is quite present

I'd say we have a more than good chance of winning this. Failure is not an option!

GO HABS GO!

WE BELIEVE!

Edited by Cataclaw

The thing that scares me is that Tim Thomas seems to be able to to step it up and steal games from the habs. But the CH lit him up 10 days ago, so maybe they've figured him out again. Other than that the habs should, and have to win.

Good thing Thomas is not starting then!

One game at a time, this Boston game is every bit as big as Buffalo. We have to show up every night and give everything we have.

Boston isn't a pushover, any given night anyone can show up and spoil everything for us.

:clap::clap::clap: Totally agreed.

:clap::clap::clap: Totally agreed.

this has spoiler written all over it...

hope the habs will be ready to destroy the bean-town bruins

on top of it its the last Home game of the season...heres hoping for a big win

ohhh and go philly go!

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

I've been worried about this game for a while. The Bruins have nothing to play for EXCEPT our ruination...and given the constant stream of humiliations we've visited upon that franchise, I'm pretty sure they'll be motivated.

Meanwhile, our team seems to be the exactly the type that WOULD get caught 'looking past' this one. These guys aren't happy unless they've got a gun loaded and cocked and pointed right at their temples. What with all the 'breathing room' (!) they've got after TO's defeat, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find them coming out as flat as a tire at a glass-breaking party.

I've been worried about this game for a while. The Bruins have nothing to play for EXCEPT our ruination...and given the constant stream of humiliations we've visited upon that franchise, I'm pretty sure they'll be motivated.

Meanwhile, our team seems to be the exactly the type that WOULD get caught 'looking past' this one. These guys aren't happy unless they've got a gun loaded and cocked and pointed right at their temples. What with all the 'breathing room' (!) they've got after TO's defeat, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find them coming out as flat as a tire at a glass-breaking party.

They'd better not! We kicked them out. If I were them I'd want to return the favor

They have look unmotivated in big games more than once this year, but I would be utterly shocked and appalled with a lacklustre performance in this one.

I think they realize this is pretty much do or die, and I dont think they believe there is any breathing room....why would they....there really isnt!

The gun is loaded, cocked and pointed right at their temples already

The only way we would lose this game is if we run into a hot goalie, and Halak doesnt follow suit....no way they outplay us

Edited by CBHabs_fan

Spider, that's a funny picture you have there, with Niinimaa screaming, Ryder looking funny (who knows what happened to him) and one bruins cut in the net lol. And Halak making the split, covering all the net with his pads

Looking at our projected lineup there, I cant help but think about how much better our team would look (on paper) if that were a Samsonov-Koivu-Ryder line. Streit has been good by his standards, but damn we would be a much more dangerous team with Sammy playing even like his average self on that first line.

It's too bad he hadnt shot his mouth off so much

Ummm it's too bad he hasn't put pucks in the net all year. We are better without him. I don't understand how we would be more dangerous with him in the line-up. He's shown us nothing this year and was given all kinds of time to bring it.

Unless he might want to get his value up for a trade next year. No-one including me wants that dumb, useless A$$ on the ice. We should have known better then to get a former Bruin to slip on a Habs jersey.

Ummm it's too bad he hasn't put pucks in the net all year. We are better without him. I don't understand how we would be more dangerous with him in the line-up. He's shown us nothing this year and was given all kinds of time to bring it.

Unless he might want to get his value up for a trade next year. No-one including me wants that dumb, useless A$$ on the ice. We should have known better then to get a former Bruin to slip on a Habs jersey.

Well, if you read the post, if says an "average Samsonov" would be better on that line than Streit. I would stand by that statement.

He has been far below average. I would take Samsonov playing well over Streit anyday. I also propose that had he not shot his mouth off, he would have been given a chance to redeem himself by now and maybe this playoff push and refreshed team would have helped..

Well, if you read the post, if says an "average Samsonov" would be better on that line than Streit. I would stand by that statement.

He has been far below average. I would take Samsonov playing well over Streit anyday. I also propose that had he not shot his mouth off, he would have been given a chance to redeem himself by now and maybe this playoff push and refreshed team would have helped..

I agree Samsonov has been a top 6 winger his entire career if he was on his game right now the Canadiens would be that much better. But the fact remains Carbonneau and Samsonov both screwed up and it looks like his chances in Montreal are over barring mass injuries.

I agree Samsonov has been a top 6 winger his entire career if he was on his game right now the Canadiens would be that much better. But the fact remains Carbonneau and Samsonov both screwed up and it looks like his chances in Montreal are over barring mass injuries.

Yup, and its a shame...especially if we make the playoffs