Who's your hoped-for 1st round picks for the Canadiens?

shortcat1

Esposito is not shit, he just turned 18 a few months ago and is going to be a top notch Centre in the NHL. This is a kid who also will certainly go in the top 10. Everybody is talking now like he's garbage, but wait and see where he goes in the draft. Montreal would be so lucky to get this guy at 12, there is no way. I would be shocked if he went as far as 10. Just wait and see.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esposito is not shit, he just turned 18 a few months ago and is going to be a top notch Centre in the NHL. This is a kid who also will certainly go in the top 10. Everybody is talking now like he's garbage, but wait and see where he goes in the draft. Montreal would be so lucky to get this guy at 12, there is no way. I would be shocked if he went as far as 10. Just wait and see.

in Lapresse this morning, there was an article citing two western team scouts who question his peripheral vision and hockey sense. I know fans and media will cry if we don't pick him up but they'll the first to cry in 3-4 years if we they do pick him .

Yes, I'd also be happy with Aliu. And for the record, the hazing did not take place in Sudbury, it happend in Windsor. He was then traded to Sudbury. :)

And...

GO WOLVES GO

Go wolves GO

If we look at the possible drafts...which of the quebec junior league are avail at next draft?

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?p...sLeadersGeneral

Thomas Beauregard

David Desharnais

Benoît Doucet

Jérôme Samson

Cam Fergus

And i bet theres lots recruits also who looks promising, if we get out of the speculations about Angelo Esposito, which other players are from position 8 to 15 or so...

If we look at the possible drafts...which of the quebec junior league are avail at next draft?

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?p...sLeadersGeneral

Thomas Beauregard

David Desharnais

Benoît Doucet

Jérôme Samson

Cam Fergus

And i bet theres lots recruits also who looks promising, if we get out of the speculations about Angelo Esposito, which other players are from position 8 to 15 or so...

all overagers cant be drafted, mostly undersized. none of them have been drafted before.

they all have great years because they're older than everybody else.

I hope they draft bigger players so I don't have to hear IDIOT Leaf media put down our supposed midgets compared to the MapleLosers big useless players.

it all depends on who is the big player.

take tucker out of the lineup in TO and they don't look as big , and he's not a giant either.ponikarovsky and antropov are huge but I wouldn't want them.

I want players that canplay with an edge. we need a tucker, avery or a dale hunter type of player.

it all depends on who is the big player.

take tucker out of the lineup in TO and they don't look as big , and he's not a giant either.ponikarovsky and antropov are huge but I wouldn't want them.

I want players that canplay with an edge. we need a tucker, avery or a dale hunter type of player.

Tucker is not big. I remember watching Koivu rub him out on the boards a couple of times last year. Tucker is tough in that he does not go down unless K-Rex crushes him. I like Tucker and Peca types wqith grit and a little offense. I do not think Begin is in their class and is as close as we have. :(

Sundin and his two linemates are the big guys I was mentioning. Everyone in Leaf land media thinks Sundiin is as good as Sakic, Lecavier, Crosby, Madanno etc. NOT EVEN CLOSE! Those three are big and useless. Sundin is one of the bigest CHOKES in LEaf history.

Tucker is not big. I remember watching Koivu rub him out on the boards a couple of times last year. Tucker is tough in that he does not go down unless K-Rex crushes him. I like Tucker and Peca types wqith grit and a little offense. I do not think Begin is in their class and is as close as we have. :(

Sundin and his two linemates are the big guys I was mentioning. Everyone in Leaf land media thinks Sundiin is as good as Sakic, Lecavier, Crosby, Madanno etc. NOT EVEN CLOSE! Those three are big and useless. Sundin is one of the bigest CHOKES in LEaf history.

Yeah, but Sundin is getting longer in the tooth. You won't have to worry about that much longer. :D

PS. Who is to replace Sundin? :?-

Yeah, but Sundin is getting longer in the tooth. You won't have to worry about that much longer. :D

PS. Who is to replace Sundin? :?-

hehehe, I don't think any team ever really worried about Sundin. Even when he had a fabulous winger in Molginy he still had major slumps and post season chokes.

T-dot has more problems than Sundin, they are filled with 3rd/4th line players and overpaid blueline. Poggie (spelling) may be good for Leafs, but it might have been better if they kept Rask instead of trading him for whats-his-name.

Actually, I would consider Sundin an elite center! We underrate hi mbut remember, he's playing on an awful team, with awful linemates. Yet, he still consistantly dominates games all by himself, without the support of his teammates. He reminds me of Elias except Elias has first line calibre linemates. If Sundin leaves Toronto next seson, I expect him to have a huge season (although he already goes a point a game or higher every season with the Leafs).

Who will be the next Sundin? Jiri Tlusty.

Actually, I would consider Sundin an elite center! We underrate hi mbut remember, he's playing on an awful team, with awful linemates. Yet, he still consistantly dominates games all by himself, without the support of his teammates. He reminds me of Elias except Elias has first line calibre linemates. If Sundin leaves Toronto next seson, I expect him to have a huge season (although he already goes a point a game or higher every season with the Leafs).

WOW that's a little much. Tlusty the next Sundin?

he will likely end up like Saku. A second line centre in the number one position. And even then, that's only if he lives up to his full potential .

WOW that's a little much. Tlusty the next Sundin?

he will likely end up like Saku. A second line centre in the number one position. And even then, that's only if he lives up to his full potential .

I'm not sure he will ever become as good as Sundin, but he's the most talented guy in the organizaiton and I think he will be the face of their franchise after Sundin retires. Whether he is as good as he's hyped up to be will not matter - the media will make sure of that.

Who cares about the Leafs? This is a thread about our first round pick, not about who the Leafs will replace Sundin with. I could care less if they replace him with a garbage can.

Read the subject of the thread before you post.

Who cares about the Leafs? This is a thread about our first round pick, not about who the Leafs will replace Sundin with. I could care less if they replace him with a garbage can.

aawww

good ol thread hijack !! :clap:

Edited by marky_and_komi

I read the subject, had my say, and still answered a comment about the Leafs.

What's the problem? :huh:

Never saw Sundin dominate anything in the NHL except for his selection of golf clubs early spring. Never been to a final, never did anything of significance. Just another overrated player. Last I will say about this as it is straying from the thread.

I agree with those of you who want to avoid Esposito. Even if he's available, Habs brass won't pick him. I could see them picking someone like Brandon Sutter, Colton Gillies, or Logan Coture. As for the second pick, someone like Akim Aliua would be a good pick.

Sutter looked pretty decent when i saw him.

What kind of player is Coture and Gillies

Sutter is just like the rest of his family and we don't need checkers. Gillies is a wild card at this point ( borderline bluechipper) and Logan you can forget about unless we make a deal to go into the top 5.

My top 3 picks in this draft would be Voracek, Coture and then Turris. Obviously we won't pick that high to get any of the three but after that who knows and who cares; we have to use a BPA mentality.

Sutter is just like the rest of his family and we don't need checkers. Gillies is a wild card at this point ( borderline bluechipper) and Logan you can forget about unless we make a deal to go into the top 5.

My top 3 picks in this draft would be Voracek, Coture and then Turris. Obviously we won't pick that high to get any of the three but after that who knows and who cares; we have to use a BPA mentality.

From everything I've seen, Couture is projected around 10th.

From everything I've seen, Couture is projected around 10th.

He might be projected as 10th but I love his play and so does St.Louis

Edited by Habitforming