Emelin Might be at Camp

montreal

http://www.habprospects.com/modules.php?na...icle&sid=54

Emelin's team Lada is having major money problems again and could be expelled from the RSL. There are reports from the Russian media that Emelin might come to the Habs training camp this fall, if Lada can't find the money to pay their players and build a new rink, then Emelin's contract with Lada will be void and the team will be out of the RSL. A similar situation happend last year with Grabovski and Dynamo as he wasn't paid for months by his team, thus his contract became void.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules.php?na...icle&sid=54

Emelin's team Lada is having major money problems again and could be expelled from the RSL. There are reports from the Russian media that Emelin might come to the Habs training camp this fall, if Lada can't find the money to pay their players and build a new rink, then Emelin's contract with Lada will be void and the team will be out of the RSL. A similar situation happend last year with Grabovski and Dynamo as he wasn't paid for months by his team, thus his contract became void.

Anything to get him over here would be great. :clap:

Unfortunate for Lada though.

even if Lada doesn't go bankrupt, doesn't this mean that the club needs whatever transfer fee they can get for their desireable players?

BG can make any semi-reasonable offer and Lada would prolly accept so that they can keep the lights on.

Don't want to wish ill on anybody, but good news for the CH.

This would be very good indeed for Montreal and if both Valetenko and Emelin can come next year, we could have a all russian on left side.

And for a good defense coach we could hire Fetisov !!

isnt fetisov an highly regarded politician in russia ??

I can't wait to see emelin...hope he does come to mtl next season.

That's a great scoop, and article. Thanks Dan! I hope that the Habs get Emelin under contract sooner than later. If they can get both Valentenko & Emelin signed, that will be even better.

I am not certain that either defenceman has the potential to become a true #1 with the Habs, but both could easily fall into the #2-#4 slots. My hope is that someone like David Fischer or Mathieu Carle can rise to that level in the future.

Would be great to see him in NA, after all the promising talks we heard from him.

I hope our russian Habs scout will continue to find us hidden gem! We got very good late russian picks in the past drafts. But still, as good as they are, can't think of anyone making the NHL despite Markov. There's still time I guess for some of them.

We need to get these Russian Defencemen over here ASAP, both for their development and to deal with a glaring lack of depth at the close-to-ready level. We were forced to trade Ribiero for Niniiimaa because we had no one who could play minutes in the league when injuries hit early last year. We can't afford to get stuck like that again.

Does anyone know if there is ever going to be a proper transfer deal between Russia and the league? These days every time you draft a Russian, you take a huge chance you'll end up with nothing.

Imagine how we'd be slobbering over Yemelin and Valentenko is they were in Sweeden or the U.S. right now.

This is such excellent news. I believe Emelin can and will make the Canadiens if he comes to North America next year. I hope Lada folds even for just a season, but should they not I believe his contract may be void becuase they are still having troubles paying thier players.

I believe his style is similar to Kasparitis. If so, I hope he doesn't develop into such a dirty player.

I remember watching Emelin play in the WJHC against Canada in the finals a few seasons ago. He played a great game, and even chipped in a goal, which I believe was the Russian's sole tally.

he's a mean S O B

I believe his style is similar to Kasparitis. If so, I hope he doesn't develop into such a dirty player.

I remember watching Emelin play in the WJHC against Canada in the finals a few seasons ago. He played a great game, and even chipped in a goal, which I believe was the Russian's sole tally.

Kasparitis is a great comparison in the fact that he is a no BS player in front of his goalie. As for the dirty part, that is where the comparisons should end.

If he can become our version of volchenkov, I'll be pretty happy .

I would not only be happy I would most likley buy a Jersey with his name on the back and change my avatar.

Gillette should buy Lada and make it a great feeder team for the Habs!!!

One can dream. :hockey: :hlogo:

STOP the presses I like this idea... now if we can just find a buyer willing do actually do this.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know anything about the contract, nor Russian law, but it seems to me that unreasonable delays in payment can still be seen as breach of contract. So, if Emelin really wanted to get out, I don't think that late payment would necessarily stop him, unless he felt compelled to stay there out of loyalty.

My 2 cents.

If he wants to stay there then so be it. It's like Perezhogin case,

they think that they can come in the NHL, they have to derserve a spot

to make the big money.

If Emelin wants to come here one day why should he be considered higher then any AHL prospect ??

If he wants to stay there then so be it. It's like Perezhogin case,

they think that they can come in the NHL, they have to derserve a spot

to make the big money.

If Emelin wants to come here one day why should he be considered higher then any AHL prospect ??

Because he's likely better than any of our AHL prospects. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to send him to the A for seasoning and to learn the NA game, language etc. But the simple fact is we need to upgrade our D and if we keep losing our best young players to the RSL, our depth ain't nothing but paper.