Captain Crosby

I agree totally they are throwing too much responsibility at him and in my opinion he has not shown that he can handle it. How will the vets feel? He's good but he is not Gretzky .....YET

Too soon - way too soon. They need to resign Gary Roberts and make him the Captain. A young team needs his leadership skill set to lead them to the promised land. Just my humble & lowly gut feelings.....

Hasn't he already been captain once? I thought I remembered a big stink about him getting the C late in his rookie year, but he gave it up after the season.

No, that was the A he got. And I'm pretty sure he didn't give it up.

I think he can do it. When did Stevie Y become captain? around 22? Crosby will be 20 before the season starts and he's incredibly mature.

Yeah, but what was Stevie Y's rep before he finally won the Cup? Not all that great because of all the pressure.

Too soon - way too soon. They need to resign Gary Roberts and make him the Captain. A young team needs his leadership skill set to lead them to the promised land. Just my humble & lowly gut feelings.....

Agreed, exact same thing I told faerie last night.

Just because he's captian doesn't mean he has to be the know it all leader of the team ... guys like Recchi , Gonchar , Roberts ( if resigned ) are all still there and will provide leadership. One thing Crosby does have going for him as a captian is he plays hard everynight which is what you want a leader to do. So he might not be ready to stand up in front of all the vets and say follow me but he can certianly show them the way.

I think they should have co captains. The kid is my age, he needs another authority figure. I can't remember but some team in the playoffs has co-captains. He's way too young. This isn't the NBA where there are 5 guys on the floor when on 9 guys play. You can get away with it in that sport but the NHL isn't like that.