HabsWorld Draft 2007 Thread

CHice

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scouting Report: Due to an outstanding performance (7 GP, 0-3-3, -1, 4 PIM) at the 2007 IIHF World Under-18 Championships in Finland, his draft stock has risen greatly in recent weeks… was named 'Mr. Hockey' as the top senior high school hockey player in the state of Minnesota in 2007… has excellent all-around ability, a projectable frame and a great skating stride… has committed to join the University of Wisconsin for the 2008-09 campaign… must continue to make adjustments as he climbs the ladder to higher levels of competition in order to fully develop his game…

The TSN Insider's Forecast: The nephew of former NFL quarterback Steve Walsh is considered a fine athletic specimen and the winner of the prestigious Mr. Hockey award as Minnesota's top high school player has a chance to be a top 10 pick. It would be a surprise if he falls below the middle of the first round. Some teams think he's as good a defenceman as there is available, a solid two-way threat with edge who played well before and after his high school season with the U.S. Under-18 team. He is off to the University of Wisconsin next season.

From NHL Central Scouting: A skilled offensive defenseman with the ability to rush the puck. Has good first step quickness and makes quick accurate passes in the defensive zone. Has a good shot from the point. Strong along the boards as well as one-on-one in the corners. Has the ability to dominate a game, but needs to play to his level every night. His offensive style sometimes leads to risky decisions.

From ISS: Plays a steady game. Continues to make the smart play with the puck, moves the puck up ice well. Has good feet, contains his man well off the rush. Made a big move up ISS rankings late in the year, jumping from #58 in April to #19 in May.

Edited by KoZed

"Central Scouting Report: A skilled offensive defenseman with the skill to rush the puck... has good first step quickness and makes quick accurate passes in the defense zone... has a good shot from the point... strong along the boards as well as one-on-one in the corners... has the ability to dominate a game, but needs to play to his level every night... his offensive style sometimes leads to risky decisions. "

We picked two Mr. Hockeys in a row. Since I first saw his name I felt like we would take him but I wanted to believe we'd take a riskier player.

I don't know how to take this yet...

I'm surprised, but then again, i'm not that surprised.

Bob Gainey is a true magician.. let's wait until the draft is over tomorrow night before we pass judgement on all his moves.

I RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way better pick than Esposito. There is a reason he's dropping down the boards. He sucks.

Yep. It's not like this guy's off the board. Our D pool is officially solid now even if we lose Emelin to Russia.

Wow, I'm really getting sick of this. Hey bob, how about a forward? How many goals did we score this year?

that's my concern as well. I appreciate that this kid is a solid player, but we need some goals.

blues take backlund here i think.

bottom line, this IS a very good pick so far as I understand...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Might be a good player, but what about these risks we are supposed to take as BTH just mentioned?

That's why I wanted Esposito. Hopefully Bob trades #22 and the 3rd round pick to move up a little or something...

Blues take Lars Eller. Good pick and a good pick for the Habs as our 2 guys continue to drop.