Blue Jackets

Fanpuck33

How 'bout them Blue Jackets! 4-0 win over the Ducks, two goals and an assist for Nash! The loudest I've heard a Columbus crowd in a long time.

The coolest part is we now have something unique when the Jackets score. Since they've turned the focus of the team away from the Native American Blue Jacket and more towards referring to Union Civil War uniforms, they now fire off a cannon blast for each goal. Pretty cool.

Also, since they changed their logo, they were selling last year's jerseys for 60% off, plus I got 10% off that because of the shutout. Thus I got a new jersey for 36 bucks!

so, the ducks are e-e-vil....

chris pronger boo

They have a weiner for a GM but I wouldn't call them evil.

Starting off with a rough schedule and being treated like crap by Scott Niedermayer, I almost pity Ducks fans right now.

They have a weiner for a GM but I wouldn't call them evil.

Starting off with a rough schedule and being treated like crap by Scott Niedermayer, I almost pity Ducks fans right now.

never pity the team with the prince of darkness.

If I remember correctly you had a Pronger avatar for a month! ;)

Yes I did, the equivalent would have been a george bush avatar.

chris pronger is not welcomed in my house.

I'm still waiting for the BJs to break out - I guess that goes hand in hand with whenever Zherdev breaks out. One can argue that even Nash still hasn't established himself as a superstar (his career-high in points is only 57 so far). I consider him one of the best wingers in the game but he hasn't put up the numbers to prove that yet.

I'm still waiting for the BJs to break out - I guess that goes hand in hand with whenever Zherdev breaks out. One can argue that even Nash still hasn't established himself as a superstar (his career-high in points is only 57 so far). I consider him one of the best wingers in the game but he hasn't put up the numbers to prove that yet.

He has a Richard trophy to his name, I'd say thats something. He really hasn't had anyone to pass to so the assists aren't there yet.

The problem with Columbus has been that they are building through the draft and that process is VERY LONG for an expansion team.

Exactly what Montreal is doing as the product they had in the past is not as deep as what is in the system now. Montreal is on the right track as is Columbus.

He has a Richard trophy to his name, I'd say thats something. He really hasn't had anyone to pass to so the assists aren't there yet.

Yep, I know he's great. He had one 41 goal, 16 assist season which is good but not tha tgreat - he should have more than 16 assists even if his team sucked. Then he had 54 points in 54 games and a 57 point season (with under 30 goals) in his other season. He's a great player but needs to put up the numbers, I think. Zherdev is the real nut they need to crack though.

• 2 weeks later...
It took longer than I thought it would, but Columbus has finally given up on hockey. 2nd worst capacity percentage in the league so far.

Thats too bad maybe they just dont lie like other teams.

Thats too bad maybe they just dont lie like other teams.

Dallas and Vancouver are both pretty good draws, and I don't even think they sold out opening night against the Ducks. If they did sell out, then a lot of people didn't show up, quite a few empty seats.

It won't help that last night the Jackets scored 7 goals . . . but weren't on TV, as it was one of the half dozen games not on FSN Ohio's schedule.

They black out home games as well!

BOOOOOOOOOO

They black out home games as well!

BOOOOOOOOOO

It wasn't blacked out, it just wasn't on the FSN schedule. They broadcast I think 75 of the 82 games. Usually they skip mostly far west coast games, I was surprised they skipped a game against a rival.

It wasn't blacked out, it just wasn't on the FSN schedule. They broadcast I think 75 of the 82 games. Usually they skip mostly far west coast games, I was surprised they skipped a game against a rival.

What kind of coverage do they get in the newspapers?

I remember my dad went to Mexico when Edmonton and Carolina had advanced to the SCF, he got the Miami newspaper. Couldn't find anything in there telling him who had advanced, he had to phone me and ask, haha.