http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/10/laten...tched_for_tues/

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Smolinski-Plekanec-Kovalev

Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kostopoulos

Dandy-Chipchura-Murray

No changes are expected on defence.

Good move Gui was having a rough start.

UPDATE RDS/CYBERPRESSE

BEGIN will also now be out with Murray taking his spot.

Edited by JMMR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/10/laten...tched_for_tues/

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Smolinski-Plekanec-Kovalev

Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kostopoulos

Bégin-Chipchura-Dandenault

No changes are expected on defence.

Good move Gui was having a rough start.

Lats got his chance when moved up with Plex and Kovy and it didnt give anything. Now we'll see how Grabs responds to the challenge because Lapierre is tearing it up in the AHL.

Up next on the list of guys who need to step up: Kostopoulos.

Next to step up Kostopolous? He does what he is asked to do. I am just guessing here but he wasn't brought in to score goals.

How about asking Ryder, Kovalev, Smoke and others to step up.

Grabs was as bad as Gui. I guess we'll see. That line up is pretty small. They were pushed around all night Saturday with Gui.

Next to step up Kostopolous? He does what he is asked to do. I am just guessing here but he wasn't brought in to score goals.

How about asking Ryder, Kovalev, Smoke and others to step up.

Grabs was as bad as Gui. I guess we'll see. That line up is pretty small. They were pushed around all night Saturday with Gui.

The Panthers have been flying so far this year it will be a fast game Tuesday,

That's interesting for the 3rd line. I think Kosty and Grabs can play together, and I guess Kostopoulous will be the grinder on that line, but the question is will they work together as a line, all three of them? I think Smoke Plex Kovy is okay. I like Kosty Plex Kovy better, but I don't think Grabs would have worked with Smoke and Kostopoulous. I guess this is where Smoke's versatility as a center/winger is helpful.

That's interesting for the 3rd line. I think Kosty and Grabs can play together, and I guess Kostopoulous will be the grinder on that line, but the question is will they work together as a line, all three of them? I think Smoke Plex Kovy is okay. I like Kosty Plex Kovy better, but I don't think Grabs would have worked with Smoke and Kostopoulous. I guess this is where Smoke's versatility as a center/winger is helpful.

Kosty Grabs and Kosto worked well in the final pre season game aginst the Sens.

So now we have four grinders aka plugs in the line-up. Great. Just what I was hoping to see *sarcasm*.

Garth fukkin Murray...oh, joy.

who's the 4th? I count Begin, Murray, Kosto, and... not Chipper I hope?

Also, is it no consolation that we've put a speedy winger in, in the form of Grabs?

I'm not sold on these new lines, but Lats needed to sit one out. I'm a little surprised to see Dandy in the press box though.

I prefer Grabovski and Kots out of Kovalev line.

Kots has to be a weapon out there but anybody playing with Kovakev wants to feed Kovalev.

If Kots do well on the third he could be promoted to the first line, if he do ok with Kovalev he is stuck with

Kovalev.

The only chance we have to get dangerous out there is to have our young guns going.

And for the grinders Murray deserves a shot as equal to Kostopolos and Dandenault.

He was more steady at the camp, wins more battle for the puck against defensemen than the other

two. Nobody gave him is space with the big team he worked his way in to stay. I respect that.

Wonder if Gainey is trying to find a new home for Dandenault/Murray and is doing this to showcase Murray (waivers maybe?). Or, it could be as simple as giving Murray a start since he's been sitting patiently for awhile now.

Lapierre wants back up in the NHL, and I'm sure they'll grant his wish soon - this game against Florida will likely decide who goes down to the AHL (which someone has probably mentioned here already).

Dandenault, Murray and Boullion still being on this team atests to Gaineys trading impotency.

Lapierre, Chipchura and O'byrne all rot down in the ahl while this line up of plugs putters away.

How is this trading impotence? Do you think there is a market for Battaglia, Hal Gill and John Pohl?

People don't want our 4th liners anymore than we want theirs.

Dandenault, Murray and Boullion still being on this team atests to Gaineys trading impotency.

Lapierre, Chipchura and O'byrne all rot down in the ahl while this line up of plugs putters away.

:lol:

Murray was waived last year and no one wanted him. He makes NHL money, but gets about as much ice time as the kid who carries the Habs flag onto the ice for home games.

Dandenault & Bouillon have limited value. Until Bouillon can prove he can play to what he was like before his surgery, teams will shy away from him. If we traded these guys, we'd more than likely have to take a problem contract or add a pick or something to make the deal more attractive. Not really the direction we want.

Put it this way, Gainey not being able to move them isn't a sign of his trade incompetency. If another GM were to acquire any of them, that might be a sign of that other GM's trade incompetnecy.

How is this trading impotence? Do you think there is a market for Battaglia, Hal Gill and John Pohl?

People don't want our 4th liners anymore than we want theirs.

Package or release, they are taking up space. if nobody wants 4th liners why the hell did we sign Kostopolous? Is it going to take Ryder walking away for nothing for some people to wake up?