Chicago

Pierre the Great

My russian roommate is like no chicago is dump, you say chicago and nobody knows where it is. Yet he's never been to chicago and thinks Moscow is higher on the international rankings then Chicago for "global cities" yet Chicago is at 10 points New York is at 12 and Moscow is at 7.

So when someone says Chicago, do you automatically conjure up a picture?

Polled my roommates and they're idiots. Thought Milan was in Asia and Hong Kong was in Japan.

Heck the guy said he was a hockey fan and he didn't know the Chicago Blackhawks.

"the international rankings" ?

:huh:

Chicago the Musical really put that town on the map!

Hmm, I think of super buildings, a lake, jazz and of course wind. Good stuff, still wouldn't want to live there though.

Moscow has sculptures and chandeliers in their subway, did you know that?

Chicago is my favourite place to live in the US. Beautiful architecture, lots of museums, the lyric opera, every major sport (and the white sox are still cheap!), a vibrant night life, some of the better public transport in the US, and a restaurant scene just below San Francisco.

Of course... it is kinda my adoptive hometown after leaving Montreal...

"Which city is greater" is a ridiculous argument from the start because nothing can be proven, it's all opinion. Trying to assert, as a fact, that one city is greater than another is really pointless. What's important to one is not important to another. That's like trying to argue which color is the most beautiful.

The very idea that somebody tried to sit down and rank cities is sort of hysterical.

The thought of Pierre living with an opinionated Russian dude triggers images of The Odd Couple and some of the worst episodes "The Real World."

"Which city is greater" is a ridiculous argument from the start because nothing can be proven, it's all opinion. Trying to assert, as a fact, that one city is greater than another is really pointless. What's important to one is not important to another. That's like trying to argue which color is the most beautiful.

The very idea that somebody tried to sit down and rank cities is sort of hysterical.

The thought of Pierre living with an opinionated Russian dude triggers images of The Odd Couple and some of the worst episodes "The Real World."

haha

Chicago is by far my favourite US city I have now been there twice seen some Cubs games and a Sox game.

The people are great and public transit is easy and cheap.

The Museums and Aquarium are awesome and it is so clean, beaches downtown is pretty cool as well.