Carey Price Appretiation Thread

Habsfan84

A great article from Jack Todd of The Montreal Gazette:

Price Check: Goalie on way to stardom

Todd says something I've been saying for awhile - at least to my dad when we talk hockey - and that's that Price wins. Good game or bad, Carey finds a way to come out on top more times than not.

Anyway, it's worth a read if you haven't skimmed it already.

great article, thanks. I hadn't seen it. and yeah, he just keeps winning. let's hope he can keep the streak alive tonight...

IMO, in the cap age you don't want to be paying a backup goalie 3-4M a year. That could be the difference between landing an impact player that could win you the Cup. If you really believe that Price is your guy you either deal Huet at the deadline or you keep him for insurance this season and let him walk. You are right, Huet will not take a discount in his cash out year. He has proven that he is a starter since his last contract and will demand big $$$ on the free agent market. Hopefully for Bob a similar scenario plays out like the one in Carolina. Gerber started the majority of games and Cam Ward showed that he was the future and was ready and they allowed Gerber to walk. It would be even better if Price could show Bob that before the deadline.

Add Halak to the situation and it becomes even more confusing. It should be interesting.

Personally, I would roll the dice and deal Huet at the deadline this year.

Note: Bryzgalov just got dumped to the waiver wire because Burke said there was not market for a goalie who was about to be a UFA. Let's hope that Huet can keep up his performance and with it his value. I imagine teams will be scrambling to grab Bryzgalov

Huet and Gerber are pretty similar in my books. Goalies from the alps who are generally solid but can be known to crack at key moments.

Huet is a good, but not great goalie IMO. His movement is not great, his puck handling is subpar, his positioning is generally good but he's not that big. Since Huet will most likely not be back next season, and we may as well try out Price in the playoffs because he's made a reputation of being a big game player, then I would agree on trying to deal Huet if anything worthwhile is available (which probably won't happen).

as much as I am thankfull and praise that we have the likes of Price.... somehow that COWBOY theme on his mask makes me believe he wants to be out west. hopefully he is a Canucks fan and as long as Luongo wont go anywhere we might be trading them in the not so distant future??? of course assuming Luongo wants to wear a Habs jersey and Price a Canuck jersey

as much as I am thankfull and praise that we have the likes of Price.... somehow that COWBOY theme on his mask makes me believe he wants to be out west. hopefully he is a Canucks fan and as long as Luongo wont go anywhere we might be trading them in the not so distant future??? of course assuming Luongo wants to wear a Habs jersey and Price a Canuck jersey

Price isn't going anywhere. And I don't think Luongo's going anywhere either. Can't the guy have a cowboy theme because he's FROM there, even if he's not gonna play there. It's just a nod to his culture.

A friend of mine said he could be in game 7 of the cup finals in triple overtime and it would be just another game to him.

He is so calm it makes me nervous....im not really sure if that makes sense but it freaks me out how relaxed he always is.

Ya he's pretty relaxed and calm when he's getting yanked. That freaks me out.

I know it's early and I don't want to get on his case but has anyone noticed how he only plays positions and kind of just hopes the puck hits him, and it usually does because he is so big. It's a great tool to have but it's also bad once sharp shooters in the NHL get the book out on you.

Price isn't big enough to cover the entire net so as long as he is screened you just lob shots at the edges from the blue line, they will go in because he doesn't react, especially on his blocker side.

I also hated his answer for getting pulled.

"ya, there was going to be a time that I would get pulled, too bad it was while my parents were there all the way from B.C"

Hey Carey! how about Too bad it was at the Bell centre and the loss just put us in 8th place and now we have to play Tampa who is chewing at our heals. O-ya the good Lord knows Vinny and St.louis will be shooting at that inside post, blocker side in front of their parents.

I'd say he needs to simplify his game but it doesn't get any simpler then what he's doing......

hmmmmmmmm

Ya he's pretty relaxed and calm when he's getting yanked. That freaks me out.

I know it's early and I don't want to get on his case but has anyone noticed how he only plays positions and kind of just hopes the puck hits him, and it usually does because he is so big. It's a great tool to have but it's also bad once sharp shooters in the NHL get the book out on you.

Price isn't big enough to cover the entire net so as long as he is screened you just lob shots at the edges from the blue line, they will go in because he doesn't react, especially on his blocker side.

I also hated his answer for getting pulled.

"ya, there was going to be a time that I would get pulled, too bad it was while my parents were there all the way from B.C"

Hey Carey! how about Too bad it was at the Bell centre and the loss just put us in 8th place and now we have to play Tampa who is chewing at our heals. O-ya the good Lord knows Vinny and St.louis will be shooting at that inside post, blocker side in front of their parents.

I'd say he needs to simplify his game but it doesn't get any simpler then what he's doing......

hmmmmmmmm

He is 20 years old. He got yanked in his final junior game. He got yanked during the Bulldogs playoff run.

He will be yanked again.

All-Stars readjust when the league adjusts to them. I think I will give him a little more time before I panic.

He is 20 years old. He got yanked in his final junior game. He got yanked during the Bulldogs playoff run.

He will be yanked again.

All-Stars readjust when the league adjusts to them. I think I will give him a little more time before I panic.

I'm with you...really. I'm just pissed this morning, and losing my confidence along with the team.

I'm with you...really. I'm just pissed this morning, and losing my confidence along with the team.

I never had confidence in them this season. I was constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop and unfortunately it has.

I tried to take it one game at a time, I tried to look at the positives, but I will not believe in this team until the prove to me that they can play 80 games without a 10-20 game stretch where they embarrass themselves.