markierung

Who would you rather have?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want on your team?

• Luongo
    • Lidstrom and Chelios(in his prime)

So who do you take?

The best goalie in the world right now,

or the dominating defense paring that can score as well.

Personally, i'll go with Luongo. Even though that defense rarely let's there goalie see more than 20 shots a game, Luongo can win on his own.

Lidstrom and Chelios in their primes...with those two playing 30+ minutes a game against the other team's best offensive players, you don't need a great goaltender to win...you just need a good goaltender.

I don't know about that. Remember what a really hot Giggy did to Detroit a few years ago?

I also remember a coming out party for a certain Anaheim D-man during that same play off run.

So who do you take?

The best goalie in the world right now,

or the dominating defense paring that can score as well.

Personally, i'll go with Luongo. Even though that defense rarely let's there goalie see more than 20 shots a game, Luongo can win on his own.

What, do they pay you to make these threads? :blink:

I don't see how you can not take the d-men in their prime. Lidstrom is probably the best defenceman in the league even at his age and had an 81 point season a couple of years ago. Chelios' offensive production has tailed off but he used to be able to put up 60 and 70 point seasons consistantly. To me, it's not even a contest.

I don't see how you can not take the d-men in their prime. Lidstrom is probably the best defenceman in the league even at his age and had an 81 point season a couple of years ago. Chelios' offensive production has tailed off but he used to be able to put up 60 and 70 point seasons consistantly. To me, it's not even a contest.

ya but by that rationale, they never should have lost to an offensively starved Anaheim and then Edmonton. It's happened where a goalie, facing over 50 shots a game, has won a playoff series on their own:

Giggy vs. Detroit, Luongo vs. Dallas

ya but by that rationale, they never should have lost to an offensively starved Anaheim and then Edmonton. It's happened where a goalie, facing over 50 shots a game, has won a playoff series on their own:

Giggy vs. Detroit, Luongo vs. Dallas

But Giggy had two franchise D of his own in front of him, and a great team as well. It's not like he stole the series on his own. And Luongo had a great defensive team as well. I watched a few games from that series and Vancouver was the better team.

But Giggy had two franchise D of his own in front of him, and a great team as well. It's not like he stole the series on his own. And Luongo had a great defensive team as well. I watched a few games from that series and Vancouver was the better team.

The 2003 Mighty Ducks had two franchise D and a great team?

Hmm, I always thought Giguere stole that series and was the main reason for a sweep. Silly me.

Two franchise defenders can go a long way, but one franchise goalie can steal you a Cup. Ask Patrick Roy. He done it twice wit' da Habs. They had no business in '86. None at all. '93 they were a better team than '86, but still had plenty of holes.