Election Thread: Canada |TBA or October '09|

Pierre the Great

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Liberals, hate Dion. Voting for Harper until Dion moves out... plus the conservatives have the best chance of beating the Bloc.

not in Montreal they don't that would be the NPD/NDP

rural quebec is the old 'union nationale'/adq ridings in the regions will be where Harper goes. Harper still won't win in the cities, because his party as much as they want coat themselves isn't in the urban/city votes interest.

Here's what's going to happen.

in the rural areas of quebec, if the conservatives were a high second place or even third place (from last time) and a small fraction of bq votes goes to the tories. The tories will win.

In Montreal region:

if the NPD/NDP is a high third or second based from the last election you'll see about 10-20 Outremonts happen in Montreal region.

Edited by Pierre the Great

rural quebec is the old 'union nationale'/adq ridings in the regions will be where Harper goes. Harper still won't win in the cities, because his party as much as they want coat themselves isn't in the urban/city votes interest.

in the rural areas of quebec, if the conservatives were a high second place or even third place (from last time) and a small fraction of bq votes goes to the tories. The tories will win.

In Montreal region:

if the NPD/NDP is a high third or second based from the last election you'll see about 10-20 Outremonts happen in Montreal region.

Let's forego the vote, the results are in.

Is that your proposal for all of Canada, Colin? Forego Democracy and just let Pierre tell the provinces who wins their elections?

Thats a scary thought.

Well, I *was* being a smartass. *laughs*

But if you want me to be a stickler, then here's my stick: It's not a democracy per se. It's a representative democracy. Fairly substantial difference. ;)

And sure, why not let Pierre run the provinces... hell, let him govern Canada! I'd be interested to see what he'd have on his platform. (Other than Cheese Doodles.)

But if you want me to be a stickler, then here's my stick: It's not a democracy per se. It's a representative democracy. Fairly substantial difference. ;)

And sure, why not let Pierre run the provinces... hell, let him govern Canada! I'd be interested to see what he'd have on his platform. (Other than Cheese Doodles.)

thank you colin for inviting a laundry list post from PTG.

So was I. ;)

In Montreal region:

I would not sweep the bloc so easily down in Montreal region, there still a lot of young separatists students...

But for the rurals areas, you're right. As long as the Conservatives will continue to advocate the taxes reduction and the individual economies, then rurals areas will continue to vote Consevatives as they more than often own farms, land, small businesses and invested a lot in this.

i could write a laundry list here.

Joe i disagree. I don't care how many "young separatists" are you there you never count on young people to show up unless an upper class is sent off to war through a draft. Then you'll see those "young separatists" come out in droves. Never count on the youth, they are insignificant because they never come out.

Montreal you've got two things:

Liberals who hate dion

BQ people that only voted Liberals because the hate the Liberals

with the BQ party nearing an end, since Quebecers realize the BQ has no real purpose and never did. (referendum politics are over, Quebec must wake up to the reality and stop living in fantasy)

There's a bunch of ridings in Montreal that went like this

BQ 16%

LB 12%

NDP 9%

only a fraction of votes are needed to go to the npd/ndp from the bloc and ndp wins. Outremont was not a fluke.

I'm highly disappointed. Simonus indicated that you were going to do laundry, Pierre, and all you gave me was a poorly cleaned shirt. With mustard stains.

I think my district will go BQ again, you should see all the separatists signs on the balconies around here, I can see 5 of them just looking by my window along with 2 Québec flags.

I don't know Pierre, in my south shore riding of Saitn-Lambert (just across the Jacques-Cartier bridge, hardly "rural") the Conservatives were tied with the Liberals in second place and have been showing growing support.

I love the liberals as much as the next federalist, but truth is conservatives are on an upswing, especially with captain "no-charisma" Dion at the helm.

Maka Kotto is going to run for the PQ so maybe tories could win that but i doubt it.

From a conservative prospective you've got to look at

A: How are we (tories going to gain seats) people who vote liberal aren't going to go alliance-conservative, they're more adapt to go ndp.

In Quebec its always been Liberal-BQ. Now that the BQ has no real staying power, i don't see everyone flocking to the liberals since they are "the enemy" or conservatives (in the cities).

Although Quebecers don't vote on issues federally they vote on who can bend over and give them the most power and money. (flame me all you want but you know its true). But that's referendum politics. That era is over. So if Quebecers woke up tomorrow and decided to vote on principals not what they used to, bloc voters will go to the new democrats.

I think my district will go BQ again, you should see all the separatists signs on the balconies around here, I can see 5 of them just looking by my window along with 2 Québec flags.

This is what i've got in my yard :)

n515412297_104658_4862.jpg

Pierre: Which is why many voters are leaning NDP..

Dion's a fool to challenge the conservatives now. Canadians won't topple a government when the economy is this strong. We have more money in our pockets, pay less taxes and people are generally happy. He has nothing to run against the conservatives - except for - we're the Liberal party and it is the natural order for us to be in charge.

I think everyone knows where that kind of Liberal attitude got us last time. In my opinion, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

he's got a ton to run on

slashing up programs

failing on the environment

Afghanistan

health care

being bush's pawn

making canada a joke internationally

Harper in general

Using the house of commons like he has a majority

Any leader but Dion could easily take Harper down. The problem is the Liberals general is more of a lieutenant.

Harper remember can't use the Liberals caused all these problems line because he's got to be accountable for his own action he's been in charge for a long time now

just as the conservatives will run the election on dion the man, liberals will do the same on Harper.

Those ridings Harper won in Ontario will go back to Liberal. Emerson will lose his seat, Trudeau will win in Papineau.

NDP will take bq ridings in Montreal and some liberal ridings.

Honestly I'm hoping for a tie. Liberals and Conservatives. Then the parties will have to work together. If you don't want minorities start pushing for coalitions.