Game Thread | Red Wings vs. Canadiens | 12/04/07

Spider-Man NL

This is a bubble team, plain and simple. We have some decent young talent, but unless we get a couple of key FA signings to fill out the top line, this team is going to plug along on the bubble.

Price is not there yet, but I have no doubt he will be an elite goaltender. It will be a shame if they don't build a team around him...

I would rather bob over pay for a couple of real top talents then keep wasting money on also rans like Smo, Kost, Niinimma, etc. The top teams are locking up their stars big time. I don't see it getting any easier to secure a top player.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not hear the latest Eklund rumors?

SJ and the habs in a deal for an "Underperforming" player from the Sharks.... what? we don't have enough of those? :lol:

I hate Eklund, but I'm guessing he means Marleau though.

I hate Eklund, but I'm guessing he means Marleau though.

Actually no he doesn't.

he doesn't commit, but he eludes to Cheechoo, or Bernier, or Michalek (I seriously doubt)

I think we're a fragile team............. when we get down we really get down and can't seem to shake it off and get back into a game. Or we're up a few (see last game... ^_^ ) and they get one and then the flood gates open and we're just trying to hold on.

We need the killer instinct that good teams have, full throttle for the whole game; especially when we have a team down we need to finish them off.

At least the Habs are playing hard.

We lack talent, it has never looked so obvious than it has tonight. Lafleur might be close to right...

Absolutley Lafleur was right. Its what everybody has been saying since Roy was traded. This team has no superstar talent.....have to go back 25 years now to find a superstar offensive talent....its depressing

Actually no he doesn't.

he doesn't commit, but he eludes to Cheechoo, or Bernier, or Michalek (I seriously doubt)

Exactly what this team does not need.....another useless winger....this team needs a centre.....yes probably like Marleau, but we all know its not going to happen

I think we're a fragile team............. when we get down we really get down and can't seem to shake it off and get back into a game. Or we're up a few (see last game... ^_^ ) and they get one and then the flood gates open and we're just trying to hold on.

We need the killer instinct that good teams have, full throttle for the whole game; especially when we have a team down we need to finish them off.

That and zero shots in the third kinda sucks.

Man the Wings are such a good team.. always cool and collected, always doing the right play, full of confidence and talent

*sigh* I'm jealous of them

We need a consistent superstar............look around at other teams top players. Game in and game out they find a way to get on the scoreboard; granted their team might not always win but they still get points.

Absolutley Lafleur was right. Its what everybody has been saying since Roy was traded. This team has no superstar talent.....have to go back 25 years now to find a superstar offensive talent....its depressing

You know, this is really the one thing about the Habs that I don't enjoy. I like watching hockey because it's a fun game to watch... and it's even better to watch players that are really dazzling (probably why I watched more Caps, Pens & Thrashers games the last 2 years).

Anyway, this game is done. At least the Sens look to be losing their 7th in a row... can't say the same for the Leafs, though.

The problem is asides from the kovalev line, anyone else who is decent offensively is paired with some clod with cement hands. Koivu and higgins are good, but they always seem to be with Ryder and/or Streit. Id rather see Chipchura or Latendresse with them, a couple of guys who can bring something more to the table than Ryder/Streit current inability to anything with the puck (or even some other intangibles like outmuscle guys on the boards/front of net.

Way to knock the rust off Hasek who hasent played in 12 days. And I will agree Detroit is good, but they're not unbeatable. They had to rally the other night against Pheonix to squeak out a 3-2 win.