Game Thread | Habs vs. Capitals | 12/20/07

Cataclaw

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on the bright side, 3 goals on 8 (now 10) shots is pretty damn good for a team struggling for offence

True. but 11 shots in 2 periods can't be good in the long run.

Thanks for the thread Cataclaw :clap:

No problem!

Although there were few SOGs, the Habs played a decent period. The shots were very representative.

Koivu played well, Higgins too, Kovalev's line as well.

Now... allow me to vent.

I'm getting annoyed with Pierre & Yvon and RDS in general! :puke: :lol:

1- They show some random crap while the game started and a goal is scored. We missed the goal live. Way to go RDS!

2- Pierre & Yvon always not reading calls correctly. At one point he says "Chipchura makes a pass without looking" when clearly he turned his head a full 100 degrees to look behind him before making the pass. It deviated and went to Washington, that's all.

3- On the Plex goal, fantastic setup my Kostitsyn and Kovalev led to the goal, yet RDS just talks about the Caps' poor defense. What about the Habs' good skill on that play? Sheesh.

Anywhere there were other little things that bugged me, but i forget them now.

Pierre & Yvon are nice guys, but boy their game skills suck!

on the bright side, 3 goals on 8 (now 10) shots is pretty damn good for a team struggling for offence

We are being dominated, once again our goalie is pulling their asses out of the fire and luckily Kolzig is having a poor game. I wouldn't expect these circumstances to always be this way.

Puts him 4th on the team, 1 goal behind Plex...

2 behind Plex, he has a goal aswell.

True. but 11 shots in 2 periods can't be good in the long run.
This team has a history during the holidays of being slow starters in games. The most important thing this team can do is to weather the storm in games until the 3rd. We might be seeing a lot of this during what I call the dog days of winter (It's come early this year :( ) for the Habs. They have to hold the fort and they typically get white hot down the stretch. Last year was a depressing exception to that pattern, they didn't go .6 - 7 or 8 in the run last year. We can dominate.

Right now .6 is what I want. Yes, I want better but realistically .6 during January and February would be awesome. I hope we have the hot run down the stretch.

the shot on goals is ridiculous... c'mon they gotta rush in their zone... >.< if they win this one, it's all about luck!

I disagree. All the Habs goals were pretty well set up and executed. Olzig has been weak, but the goals themselves were ok.