Game Thread | Habs vs. Capitals | 12/20/07

Cataclaw

Andrei anglicized it when he came over. Kastsitsyn is the correct spelling, or closest to his native Belarussian. His first name is actually spelled Siarhei.

Yahoo used to do the same thing to Andrei though. Sergei has been referenced as Kostitsyn since he came over.

Just looking at the standings. I hate the new NHL. 90 bonus points have been handed out this season and 2nd from 15th is seperated by 10 points. Unreal

Edited by Wamsley01

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Sergei hasn't been up very long, maybe they haven't gotten around to changing it.

If you go to NHL.com and do an alphabetical listing of the team, Andrei and Sergei will come before Koivu and Komisarek.

SCORES!!!

STREIT!!!

NICE Work CHIPS! and good finish streit!

Edited by Chips

Huet steals games, but also tosses up lemons. Price has been fairly even steven.

Not to throw fuel on a fire, but Huet has the better save percentage. :P

Edited by sbhatt

NO, F*CK YOU PRICE IS BETTER!

Seriously though, Huet played a great game. No doubt he'll get the start on Saturday. Let's just be thankful that we have one the best goaltending tandems in the league!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

What does that have to do with anything?

I count at least 3 games where Huet lost a game he should not have. 1 you could argue that he hurt himself in and that was the reason (Nashville).

But has Price cost them any games? I know he has looked bad in a couple, but they were games where they were probably getting spanked

either way.

NO, F*CK YOU PRICE IS BETTER!

Seriously though, Huet played a great game. No doubt he'll get the start on Saturday. Let's just be thankful that we have one the best goaltending tandems in the league!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Now that is how you throw fuel on a fire :)

Edited by Wamsley01

Its a final!

3-2 ATL-OTT. we gain ground on Ottawa tonight as well... lets keep this bus rolling..

GO HABS GO!

All this Price vs Huet stuff is getting old. I'm more than happy to have Huet as out number one goalie. with price getting a start every 3 or so games. That way if one guy slumps, the other is ready to step in. We have 2 very capable goalies, with huet leading the way. This has to be great for prices development.

All this Price vs Huet stuff is getting old. I'm more than happy to have Huet as out number one goalie. with price getting a start every 3 or so games. That way if one guy slumps, the other is ready to step in. We have 2 very capable goalies, with huet leading the way. This has to be great for prices development.

I don't get worked up about it. We are not talking Roy/Racicot here. I am good with either in net. I prefer Price, but like Huet.

I really don't think we're going to catch Ottawa. IMO we should be striving to getting that 4th spot.

Gotta set our goals high! in fact.. we really should be scoring like tonight every night. And we really need to work at clearing our zone. Way too many give aways turn in to scoring chances...

All in all good game and lets keep building on this...

What does that have to do with anything?

It means that UP TO THIS POINT, Huet stops more of the pucks shot at him than Price does. Which is the whole point of goaltending, last time I checked.

It's like Ric Flair said, to be the man...you have to beat the man (Wooo!) Until Price clearly outplays Huet, there shoudn't be an discussion of a goaltending controversy: Huet is the #1

I really don't think we're going to catch Ottawa. IMO we should be striving to getting that 4th spot.

agreed but i think a team should aim for the top, setting high goals keeps you working. I am glad we're not aiming for the 8th spot as he had in recent years . . .