Game Thread | Habs vs. Capitals | 12/20/07

Cataclaw

These are the games we have to start winning with more regularity. Too many times we have lost while being the better team and very few times have we ever won without deserving it. If we want to seal up that playoff spot we'll need to win some games we have no business winning.

Puts him 4th on the team, 1 goal behind Plex...

Well, since Plekanec scored tonight, he now has 11.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. All the Habs goals were pretty well set up and executed. Olzig has been weak, but the goals themselves were ok.

ohhh I might be wrong then, since I ain't watching the game tonight just listening while playing some online game... :lol:

These are the games we have to start winning with more regularity. Too many times we have lost while being the better team and very few times have we ever won without deserving it. If we want to seal up that playoff spot we'll need to win some games we have no business winning.

If you look at the standings, this is a game we should win, with the Caps being at the bottom of the conference. In terms of play during the game, like I said before, the shots might be lopsided, but the Caps aren't really getting any sustained pressure 5-on-5.

• Lats is on pace for 25 goals and he has played 1 game on the first 2 lines. And he still takes regular heat.

• I was disappointed in the lazy Koivu penalty at the end of the second.

• I watched the last 5 minutes of the second and from that I had no idea they were being badly outshot :)

No other comments cause I only saw 5 minutes

Edited by Wamsley01

Great job Cata.. but your no Spidey-man!

so Spidey don't let that dude bully you around. I read the thread from last game. He had no business going after u like that... we all respect each others feelings and the mods will look after idiots in the future who have no respect... please come back! Your one talented dude! And habsworld won't be the same without u.

GO HABS GO!

This is a good team to play our first game of this road trip. Would love to see Lil. Kosts score his first goal.

GO HABS GO!

Time for me to go buy my lotto ticket... good job Lil. Kosts. congrads!

GO HABS GO!

• Lats is on pace for 25 goals and he has played 1 game on the first 2 lines. And he still takes regular heat.

• I was disappointed in the lazy Koivu penalty at the end of the second.

• I watched the last 5 minutes of the second and from that I had no idea they were being badly outshot :)

No other comments cause I only saw 5 minutes

Koivu and Lats have had a great game along with Huet. Everyone else has been o.k

3-2 ATL over OTT in the 3rd.. it would be nice if that trend keeps up...

OK, can Lats play with Higgins and Koivu? How is Lats on the right side? This line looks good on paper. Set up man, energizer bunny digger, and big puck protector with good hands.

One of the best line I can remember was set up very similar. Morrison digging, Nazlund setting up, and Bertuzzi being big. Lats actually reminds me of young Bertuzzi in New York.

Edited by BCHabnut

OK, can Lats play with Higgins and Koivu? How is Lats on the right side? This line looks good on paper. Set up man, energizer bunny digger, and big puck protector with good hands.

I think if they run Lats out on the 1st line that he can score 30+. He is a good finisher. 30 goals, 4 assists :)

Why the hell does Yahoo spell Andrei's name Kostitsyn and Sergei's Kastsitsyn?

Andrei anglicized it when he came over. Kastsitsyn is the correct spelling, or closest to his native Belarussian. His first name is actually spelled Siarhei.

Edited by RobRock

Carbo.. can we all have a class on clearing the puck from our ZONE! ssseehh..